Plant Growth Speed & Seasons

MacCLovin

Plant Growth Speed & Seasons

Post by MacCLovin »

How exactly does Plant Growth Speed & Seasons work?

For example - I run the US Midwest Geo, I plant as soon as I start a map and harvest is typically mid Summer at the earliest.

If I were to change the Plant Growth Speed how would that effect the above? Would it only speed up the growth time so then I would harvest early Summer, and then be able to plant again right after in time for another harvest?
Crazof

Re: Plant Growth Speed & Seasons

Post by Crazof »

if you are running seasons you can not change plant growth speed.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

If you run seasons, open the seasons menu, the first page shows you the timeframe, where each fruittype can be planted and harvested, if you plant it outside of that timeframe it either doesn't grow at all, stays in the ground until the planting time comes up or isn't ready for harvest before it gets to cold and just rots.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

MacCLovin wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm How exactly does Plant Growth Speed & Seasons work?

For example - I run the US Midwest Geo, I plant as soon as I start a map and harvest is typically mid Summer at the earliest.

If I were to change the Plant Growth Speed how would that effect the above? Would it only speed up the growth time so then I would harvest early Summer, and then be able to plant again right after in time for another harvest?
Also, I think it has to rain on the seeds for them to start growing. So some Geo's don't have rain all summer so if you plant after the last rain in the spring you're screwed. I was using Bavarian Forest and that was the case. It's a really nice geo in that making hay is really nice and harvesting late summer early fall there is rarely rain, but if you plant too late it just germinates like in the fall or something when it rains. I might be mistaken, but I think that is what is going on.
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Crazof wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:55 pm if you are running seasons you can not change plant growth speed.
Ah that’s a bummer. I was hoping to speed the process along a little more so I can spend more time in the harvester!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would suggest playing base game then.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

The GEO mods define the time between seeding and harvest. If you don't use a GEO, similar definitions are built into the base Seasons mod. The file is called growth.xml. The file defines how many growth stages to advance at each season period transition (early to middle, middle to late, etc.). It takes a couple of days with trial an error to make it do what you want. I managed to make my own GEO with 2 harvests of some vegetable crops on a multifruit map.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

MacCLovin, try the Mexico geo. You have to do some head scratching but with some planning you can harvest something most of the year.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

What does the base Seasons Mod GEO look like? Is there a growth/harvest chart for it?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

MacCLovin wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:27 pm What does the base Seasons Mod GEO look like? Is there a growth/harvest chart for it?
It is based on southern England. The chart is visible in-game when you press LeftAlt-S. This "base" GEO is active when just the Seasons mod is running, and no additional GEOs and no intrinsic GEO information embedded in a mod map (some mod maps have their own GEO information which overrides base Seasons; most mod maps do not have this).