I want to know your valuable and detailed opinion

Alcarin75

I want to know your valuable and detailed opinion

Post by Alcarin75 »

Console players should be happy. Maps and their updates keep coming and improving gradually

Until today, for you what is the best map and what are your reasons.

Do you expect a special map? Which one?
I like to learn from everyone.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
Bryan83

Re: I want to know your valuable and detailed opinion

Post by Bryan83 »

As a console player, I've never been overly obsessed with maps, to be honest. They are very large files that take up a lot of room on the ol' xbox. But as to style of maps I've always liked bigger, square fields that are easy to work. Any wonder I'm enjoying Welker farms, and before that Westbridge Hills?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I am not sure if you are willing to consider the opinion of a PC player, but I am a console player as well, playing many hours on FS17 on a PS4, but I am now on PC for 19. I do think that one of my favorite ModHub maps right now has got to be Lone Oak. Its such a wonderful American map, not too detailed or requiring any additional mods to run, but still having an immersive feel to it that makes you want to just stop your farming and just enjoy the view. Hats off to BulletBill and OxygenDavid for the creation and conversion of one of my goto maps for Farming Simulator :hi: . And the fields, while it is an open American style map, are completely managable for the average "not-too-hardcore" FS player. That map is at the top of my list. *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Nothing has grabbed my attention in 19. The converted maps don't have the same feel to them and many of the new maps are lackluster.
Maybe some of the appeal of farm sim has just warn off and 17 is held to a higher degree as it was my first in the series. Either way it's just my personal opinion and I'm sure someone will have a problem with it 😊
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 amEither way it's just my personal opinion and I'm sure someone will have a problem with it 😊
Well, its your opinion, and I will respect anyone's opinion even if I don't agree with it.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:52 am Well, its your opinion, and I will respect anyone's opinion even if I don't agree with it.
Behold! A respectful poster! What a rare sight if I may say so.

My fave map a t m is New Woodshire, running a little animal farm there
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I like UK style maps, with natural shaped fields and meadows. Meadow Grove was my favourite map on Xbox. I decided to forget palceables and go for a prebuilt yard in the end. It was just too frustrating without Place Anywhere.

Now I'm on PC I still don't use palceables to much, but I like larger fields so I'm on Oakfield.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm a PC player but for FS19 I've only used maps from ModHub which are also available on console.

For me, Marwell Manor is the best map for FS19. I still love Oakwell Farm, but it doesn't have quite the same feeling as it did in FS17. My only complaint about Marwell is the real-life size of the fields. In the end I turned to top of Field 18 into half a grass field and an extra yard.

I'm starting to feel that a map of around 80% of the scale of real life better suits FS - that's one of the reasons why Coldborough Park Farm remains my favourite ever map as the field sizes are manageable.

On that note I will say that FS19 is badly missing BulletBill. His maps have something about them that even the best can't quite replicate. There's a warmth or feeling of home which other maps don't have. An attention to detail, where each and every item, big or small, is thoroughly thought through first and edited to fit the map theme, rather than placed for the sake of being placed as in so many other maps. If you've still got FS17 on PC then I highly recommend looking at The Western Shore just to see what I mean - it's a huge leap even from The West Coast.
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

For me it`s the options. Beèing able to choose between som many different maps. When I`m bored of the big fields on Lone Oak and Oakfield I`ll go the Greewich Valley or Meadow grove farm on a smaller farm with small equipment. Must say that the mappers and modders of this game are incredible good. can`t wait for the upcoming maps.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Westbridge and Minibrunn! Being in console I feel there is still SO much to have and download. My honest opinion being on console? I love it.
Dairydeere wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:52 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 amEither way it's just my personal opinion and I'm sure someone will have a problem with it 😊
Well, its your opinion, and I will respect anyone's opinion even if I don't agree with it.
"I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend, to my death, your right to say it."
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Drumroll ... ... ... ... ...

Marwell and Osina. They are two really nice realistic, detailed maps. Marwell is just a nice wooded, hedgerowed, uk styled map. Osina has some wooded areas to the middle and wide open spaces to the north. Along with the fact that they are based of real places, is the fact that, and this is special to console, tree lines don't disappear off in the distance. A few other maps do this as well, Charwell, Somerset, This is Ireland, Campaign of France. And while those maps are nice in their own right, I think because I have played Osina and Marwell from pretty much the beginning, they feel like home. Osina has nice long rolling terrain fields. From tiny to huge. Marwell has some nice big oddly shaped fields. Osina has around 50 fields, all with missions, so there is always something that can be done. Also on Marwell how the hedgerows are placed at the edges of most forested areas, you avoid the "eyesores" of not having shadows from far distances. I also love realistic-ly laid out farms, and these maps do that. Plus Osina more than Marwell, you have a decent amount of slots to play with. Although with the recent update, Marwell gained about 50 slots. I have over 500 hours on Marwell and close to 150 on Osina.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Woodshire, loan oak, and MiniBrunn. The 3 maps I have actual play throughs on, although it is a fs17 map Woodshire is still one of my go to maps. I like it because it keeps the options open. Small fields, large fields, logging, animals, it has it all, as well as surrounded by a beautiful scenery.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

I played on XB1 until I got a PC at Christmas.

I like American maps, and was really enjoying Pacific Northwest.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Greenwich Valley because it's more or less the same as the area I'm from in real life,,I've tried other maps but nothing comes close,, I've built 3 new farms on that map so I think it's the fact I've set up each farm the way I want that keeps me drawing to it.
wombles

Post by wombles »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 am I'm a PC player but for FS19 I've only used maps from ModHub which are also available on console.

For me, Marwell Manor is the best map for FS19. I still love Oakwell Farm, but it doesn't have quite the same feeling as it did in FS17. My only complaint about Marwell is the real-life size of the fields. In the end I turned to top of Field 18 into half a grass field and an extra yard.

I'm starting to feel that a map of around 80% of the scale of real life better suits FS - that's one of the reasons why Coldborough Park Farm remains my favourite ever map as the field sizes are manageable.

On that note I will say that FS19 is badly missing BulletBill. His maps have something about them that even the best can't quite replicate. There's a warmth or feeling of home which other maps don't have. An attention to detail, where each and every item, big or small, is thoroughly thought through first and edited to fit the map theme, rather than placed for the sake of being placed as in so many other maps. If you've still got FS17 on PC then I highly recommend looking at The Western Shore just to see what I mean - it's a huge leap even from The West Coast.
I'm starting too wonder about you Gav, having excess to my thoughts, on the plus side save me a lot of typing, I know i'm a lazy git :lol:. FS19 is definitely missing BB.