Mod Testing Vs Coronavirus

Farming_Steezus

Mod Testing Vs Coronavirus

Post by Farming_Steezus »

The title says it all really, in what ways do you guys think the virus will affect the Giants office/game + dlc development/mod testing?

Is there work from home potential? I know modding is obviously work from home but do Giants test physically in the office?
Xbox one user
eric21

Re: Mod Testing Vs Coronavirus

Post by eric21 »

They do test in office, whether they are able to transfer info to a home computer is another thing
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Let's just hope things get better quick for everyone and hopefully doesn't affect their office
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:37 pm Let's just hope things get better quick for everyone and hopefully doesn't affect their office
This. Plus let's not Forget it is still a game for us. If there are not mods for a couple of weeks/months i am totaly fine with that if it means Giants can't test mods because they all stay at home and are safe.
PS4 und PC
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Yes I would rather have everyone at Giants safe and healthy than mods.
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

I have been unable to access my Mods account on ModHub all day, I do not know if it will happen to someone else and if it will have something to do with what is happening ...
I get this message: ModHub is not currently available due to maintenance. We will be back online in a few hours.

It is the first time that I see it ..

We will wait for events.
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

MrSquealypig wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:52 pm Yes I would rather have everyone at Giants safe and healthy than mods.
Same here!

I think whenever there will still have needs for new mods, we still have plenty of mods and maps to play with. But safety and health should be put in first priority way far ahead of maintaining mod testing. Anything other than that doesn't really matter right now.

Surfing on the same wave, to everyone in the community, to your family and friends, to the Giants staff...well to the whole world, I wish you best for the tough time to come. I hope you'll all keep going well and the ones you love and share life with will still be there once this nightmare ends.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

If Giants cant test because of this pandemic, My guess is vondeylen will find a vaccine in about 2 hours.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

ShabaFS wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:53 pm I have been unable to access my Mods account on ModHub all day, I do not know if it will happen to someone else and if it will have something to do with what is happening ...
I get this message: ModHub is not currently available due to maintenance. We will be back online in a few hours.

We will wait for events.
Same thing happens for me.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm not sure mods are the most important thing to consider at this point in the world.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well apparently my old man's basketball league is not cancelled yet, doesn't seem to smart. I'm fine if giants ends up taking a break to make sure everyone stays healthy and we can move passed this virus.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

the health of people comes first not mods we can live without mods
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

All I know is if they shut down mod testing right when I submit my GEO for testing again, I'm gonna cry
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Way2drunk2walk wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm
ShabaFS wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:53 pm I have been unable to access my Mods account on ModHub all day, I do not know if it will happen to someone else and if it will have something to do with what is happening ...

We will wait for events.
Same thing happens for me.
Perhaps they are in the process of setting up remote access for their staff and it's required some downtime. I know IT at my work are going mad trying to setup the VPN software that they should have installed more widely last year.

I would have thought that MOD testing is one of the easier things to test whilst working from home.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:42 pm If Giants cant test because of this pandemic, My guess is vondeylen will find a vaccine in about 2 hours.
Could honestly care less about mods as I'm not even playing since I'm a first responder I'm kinda busy and work 24hr shifts..but thanks. Only mods I was waiting for was JHHG combine and mappers paradise. But their health is more important
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22