Seasons grass

CowsGoMoo

Re: Seasons grass

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Max4hdmatt77 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:32 pm Well irl if you cut too late like late fall you run the risk or frost or snow and it could kill the alfalfa and it won't grow back at all.
Yea thats how alfalfa works. Not grass. I worked on a farm where all we did was make hay from alfalfa. I dont understand why alfalfa isnt a base crop in the game. But back to the grass. Ive worked in lawn and landscape for 15 years. I know grass takes longer to grow but nowhere on the US are you letting youre grass field grow and not cut it till mid summer early fall. Youre animals would be starving or you would be broke from buying so much hay. (If you needed a good amount of hay)
Game is all made and based in Europe. Far as I know they don't have alfalfa over there.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
SJ_Sathanas

Re: Seasons grass

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

From Wikipedia;
I also read in the uk it's more likely to be called "Lucrene".
I'm actually building up animal feed in my first year on Oakfield. I have around 25 hey bales, about 40 strawbales, and a medium bunker full of sileage. I might buy in some more hey bales as it's early Autumn and I doubt I'll have the weather to dry anymore cut grass.