US Configurations

Bryan83

Re: US Configurations

Post by Bryan83 »

Cad_dao wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:44 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:12 pm
They hate Americans. Do you even remember the trashy Ravenport map.
Chedly, did your inside source still give you informations about new developpement on the Greta Thunberg DLC that would clean any map of garbage, do vehicule maintenance so it wouldn't spill any oil and adjust forecast to new global warming values? :lol: :lol:
How dare you?!
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The above speculation is misleading. My inside source says, and I quote, “Giants does not have licensing for a Greta Thunberg DLC.”

Take it with a grain of salt.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:57 pm
How dare you?!
I dared on a sacarstic tone! The link below will lead you back to an old story starting from jan. 21st 2019.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=141411&start=135& ... +ravenport

Then take what I previously said at the second level. Argueuing it any further will lead to an pointless discussion and be off this topic.

I can understand you may have disliked the comment. In that case, take my apologies.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Cad_dao wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:46 pm
Bryan83 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:57 pm
How dare you?!
I dared on a sacarstic tone! The link below will lead you back to an old story starting from jan. 21st 2019.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=141411&start=135& ... +ravenport

Then take what I previously said at the second level. Argueuing it any further will lead to an pointless discussion and be off this topic.

I can understand you may have disliked the comment. In that case, take my apologies.

Regards!
Actually, I was quoting Ms. Thunberg's famous speech.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:16 pm
Actually, I was quoting Ms. Thunberg's famous speech.
:lol: You got me on that one.
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:34 pm The above speculation is misleading. My inside source says, and I quote, “Giants does not have licensing for a Greta Thunberg DLC.”

My source says otherwise, and in fact the soon to be relocated Farmcon 2020 will now be held in Greta Thunberg's front garden (of which there will be a new map, albeit a small one) and the new equipment will be a garden trowel and a composting toilet.

You heard it here first.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

BoxTunnel wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:51 am
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:34 pm
The above speculation is misleading. My inside source says, and I quote, “Giants does not have licensing for a Greta Thunberg DLC.”

My source says otherwise, and in fact the soon to be relocated Farmcon 2020 will now be held in Greta Thunberg's front garden (of which there will be a new map, albeit a small one) and the new equipment will be a garden trowel and a composting toilet.

You heard it here first.
:confusednew: I don't know a clue of what you two are on about, but keep me entertained :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:45 amFor the record "EU" or "Euro" configurations don't exist. Things like the striped warning signs differ from country to country whether in the EU or not. Hence why I suggested "limited" customisation, as if you catered for every country's individual need there would be hundreds of configurations and a ton of extra work needed.
In reality over the years it has been far deeper than that, though its getting closer as NA embraces some of what the rest of the world uses.

examples over the years US vs. EU:
different engine configurations (emissions)
different exhausts (emissions)
different chassis (narrow vs wide)
different braking systems (highway regulations)
different wheel/tyre equipment as standard or available as options.
2WD almost none existent is some areas as it cost more than a 4WD and is restricted 20mph.
propensity for clevis drawbar vs. Pitonfix, K80, 40mm and 50mm bulbus pin etc etc ladder hitch or draw-hook and Pitonfix pick-up hitch.

things like warning stickers and other signage etc are standard things that change from market to market.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I don't know if the frame size is a European or North American thing. Frame sizes more depend on what tractor it is. For example, a Case ih Magnum 180 will have a smaller frame than a 400 Magnum.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

b101uk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:09 am In reality over the years it has been far deeper than that, though its getting closer as NA embraces some of what the rest of the world uses. [..]
Oh I know, I just proposed the optional warning signs in particular as they seem to be the most jarring thing for those of you across the pond, and it would work for those of us in other countries which don't have them either. Add a couple of wheel options if needed too.

With the warning signs the work involved at GIANTS end would be minimal. You could go much deeper, but my concern is you'd then have so many options you'd spend more time in the shop than in the game and the work needed by GIANTS would increase astronomically.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I think I spend more time browsing in the shop than in the fields anyway lol.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

Stone Valley looks like somebody dumped oil everywhere.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Some brush on top those spots, more used oil on the brush, and a match and that will clear that right up. Fun fact they used to spray used oil on roads to keep the dust down
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Would be nice to see some american tire size options in next version from giants. At this point that's really my big non-american complaint. I've grown a bit to like using tractors for everything, and using a single tractor for multiple uses so having front link is actually a plus for me now over having suitcase's out front. The signs could also go but usually once I get going I forget they are there anyway.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Bhcc wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:35 am Stone Valley looks like somebody dumped oil everywhere.
You can make your own no-oil-stain US map then if Lancyboi's map to oil"ish" for ya :mrgreen:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi