What's going on, on your farm?

Farmercaseih

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Farmercaseih »

Yeah I found a 1990-something f250 also and it's pretty much exactly like my dads truck but not as rusty haha
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm
NPR_Terry wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 am My computer: Massey 5600 in the description is says it has a front loader option but inside there is no option for that. (There is an engine configuration for the 5610 but that doesn't include loader). Her computer: Massey 5600 but inside it has a an option for loader attachment. Where hers has on option for loader, mine has an option for GPS (which you really dont need on a low end tractor IMHO) She has no mods I cant say the same for me though ;)
I’m gonna get on here in a little bit, and I’ll see what I can find out. I’m not too familiar with the 5 series Massey. But I will start by asking if there is an option for weights or no weights on the front. If it’s anything like the 6m John Deere, if you put weights on the front, it will not give you the option for a front loader.
Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 pm It does though because the weights prevents the loader from being able to get selected and the weights would block the loader arms.
I think the 56** has front linkage, so a loader option shouldn't be an issue
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Barrcott wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:12 am
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:13 am Moving on...

Today on Osina I bought the 1660 combine harvester and then put the Magnum to use spraying fields. I’m looking at one of those Cressoni headers for the Dominator now as well.
Don't bother Ched, the dominator & cressoni don't play nicely, the harvester's elevator drops too low when harvesting & the attach point on the cressoni header is too high , thus it almost lifts the front wheels of the harvester off the ground. It gets a bit messy if the ground contours are uneven.

Tried & failed miserably
I can second that as that combination would not play nicely together for me either.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

@Farmercaseih ^^
Got a work truck that I drive now, first vehicle for me, but it’s owned by the dairy so idk if it counts :hmm: . Going to try and find it because I definitely want to drive a truck I drive IRL
Last edited by Dairydeere on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Barrcott wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:42 pm I think the 56** has front linkage, so a loader option shouldn't be an issue
Gotcha I never have used the Massey's. I just know they should have the same options if they are the same tractor.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

Farmercaseih wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:07 pm Yeah I found a 1990-something f250 also and it's pretty much exactly like my dads truck but not as rusty haha
Oh nice Haha. My truck is just a 2012 gmc Sierra that I bought from my grandpa in 2016 with only 26000 miles on it. Not it is has 91500 miles on it ha. I never knew I wanted a back up camera until I had one.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Same here in the backup camera, but my 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 has such good view all around I only need turn my head and I can see straight back to the tailgate and know exactly where I’m going. Helpful though when you have a big beast like my dads 2018 Chevy 2500 Duramax
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Haha we had to borrow a neighbor's flat beef and cattle trailer to haul five 1300 lb heifers to the local butcher's since we don't have a yen big enough to haul them.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

A back up camera is a game changer if ya pull trailers a lot especially if you’re by yourself.
Illinois Farmer

Yea it makes life so much easier. Especially this time of year with the anhydrous tanks.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

So much easier to attach a bumper pull with them.

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Oakfield w/seasons, late Autumn 1st year, pc.
Approaching the end of my first year.

Completed a decent sileage and hey harvest of 3, 6 and 7. Sold all but about 40,000 litres of the sileage to the BGA, bailed the hey and put it in storage.
Harvested wheat and canola from 1 and 2, all of which is in storage awaiting the winter price rise. Bailed the straw and put it in storage.
Did an Oat harvest contract on 36 which gave me even more straw. I might delete that mod as it feels like cheating.
Rushed in a second planting mid-harvest. All 5 fields have a combination of wheat, barley, oat and canola growing. I have no idea if it'll be ready for harvest before Winter. If I can get it all in l will drill grass for over winter, or just leave it fallow ready for spring drilling.

I now have a warehouse full of bailed straw and hey, and three ITRunner bins of sileage ready for the arrival of cattle and sheep next year.

Had a decent year but made a few mistakes with my timings and hired equipment. I picked up a seed drill far too early so it was sat around for a couple of days waiting for harvest to start.

Will finish the year with one JCB 8330, a 535-95 telelift, a couple of small Maz lorries, a small solid spreader, an ITRunner trailer with some bins and a couple of small flatbeds.
I'd like to add a sprayer, bailer and mix wagon next year but I'll be able to afford one so haven't decided which one yet. I'd like to expand with one more field too.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

NPR_Terry wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 am My computer: Massey 5600 in the description is says it has a front loader option but inside there is no option for that. (There is an engine configuration for the 5610 but that doesn't include loader). Her computer: Massey 5600 but inside it has a an option for loader attachment. Where hers has on option for loader, mine has an option for GPS (which you really dont need on a low end tractor IMHO) She has no mods I cant say the same for me though ;)
Can't speak for PC players but on console the standard game shop options for the MF56** are

Engine setup
Wheel brand
Wheel setup
Front loader attacher

There is no option for front weights but has front linkage as standard

So not sure why yours would be different to the sites as unless you've installed a mod the base games 56** isn't offered with GPS

Can you screen shot the shops offering from your wife's pc & one from the shop from your pc
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Barrcott wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:50 pm
Can't speak for PC players but on console the standard game shop options for the MF56** are

Engine setup
Wheel brand
Wheel setup
Front loader attacher

There is no option for front weights but has front linkage as standard

So not sure why yours would be different to the sites as unless you've installed a mod the base games 56** isn't offered with GPS

Can you screen shot the shops offering from your wife's pc & one from the shop from your pc
Pretty sure he has dlc and mods so he has 7 options but hasn’t figured out to scroll down to find the loader option at the very bottom. Other guess is he has only the gps mod so he’s not scrolling down to the fifth option which would be the loader. Now he went quiet for a few days so I’m pretty sure he figured it out and probably feels silly.
NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry »

THANK YOU! I han't resolved it I didnt realize there was a slider bar to see more options. My noobness is showing but we all start somewhere.
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.