Changing a geo

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
newride

Changing a geo

Post by newride »

What do I need to change in a geo so I can combine during the winter?
Illinois Farmer

Re: Changing a geo

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Use one of adub's geos. Geos are supposed to be realistic and combining in the middle of winter in unrealistic.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
newride

Post by newride »

Where I live in North Dakota it is a very realistic thing to be combine corn threw the winter
Illinois Farmer

I have uncles in northern north Dakota and there is no way they can combine the beans, wheat, or canola when there is feet of snow and way below freezing temperatures. Will you work in December, yeah, we do here sometimes. That's why I said middle of winter.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
newride

Post by newride »

ok I will specify what i want to do i want to be able to combine corn during the winter.
Yes i know you cant combine if there is feet of snow but where i live we only got maybe a foot of snow.
Farmers around here started combining corn January 15th and are still combining here so i know what can and cant be combined during the winter months.
Illinois Farmer

In north Dakota, you start combining corn in January? Must terrible yielding and quality.
newride

Post by newride »

Not every year but the way this fall was it rained every week then we got a big snow storm. drying corn when its 28% and over is not a very good idea so you just wait for it dry down. Guys up here are combining soybeans that they had to leave last fall and you can't even tell they were left over the winter they look awesome and maybe lost a couple bushel to the acre from the snow.
Illinois Farmer

That makes more sense because this fall was brutal.
kinggorillakong

Post by kinggorillakong »

You need to change the temperature maximum and precipitation amount for the phases you want to have warmer with less chances of snow. It might take some trial and error to get the settings just right for that kind of a winter, but what you're asking for sounds like a winter anomaly. Why not just disable the setting that prevents you from combining when the crop is too wet during winter?