Tractors

LoganO37

Tractors

Post by LoganO37 »

Hi everyone I need some help I can’t decide whether to get the JCB fastrac 3000 or the Massey Ferguson MF7700 I’m going to be using them for cultivation and sewing machines, looking for input on which one to buy Thanks!
Crazof

Re: Tractors

Post by Crazof »

MF all the way
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I agree. The JCB has it's speed going for it, so it makes a great shuttle for pallets, machinery and supplies, or with narrow wheels make a good sprayer rig, but I believe the Massey has more horsepower options, making it the better work tractor.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
wombles

Post by wombles »

If it ain't red keep it in the shed. Massey gets my vote too.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I will be the JCB advocate here! Perfect all-round medium tractor.
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

My signature says it all
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
wombles

Post by wombles »

Emil Jørgensen wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:52 am My signature says it all
That would be good Emil if the Deere was at the top of a hill, other than that give me the Massey.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:21 am I agree. The JCB has it's speed going for it, so it makes a great shuttle for pallets, machinery and supplies, or with narrow wheels make a good sprayer rig, but I believe the Massey has more horsepower options, making it the better work tractor.
JCB has rating, Massey has 3; 210hp, 240hp, 280hp (side note Puma has 225, 245, 270 and Claas 800 goes to 295).

JCB does have 4 wheel steering which can be turned off or put in crab mode. Both can fit the FZ60 front loader.

JCB has normal (kind of narrrow tho) and wise tires. Massy has standard, wide, with weights, narrow, rear duals and I believe all duals.

Hipe this helps.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

no Zetor? :P
The choise of a tractor have a lot to do whit it's intende use, will it have to drive over long distances to reach the fields? are they just going to be field mascines, or do carting?
speed vs traction, and also weight of the tractor is to be considered.

And, ofcourse, choose one with an overhead on the hp vs implements it's suposed to use. Better have more than just anough, so you can keep up some speed on hilly terrain, but then again, completely flat map? not so importand...
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
humbe

Post by humbe »

The MF7726 is the strongest tractor with all utility options. Front 3pt pto frontloader and narrow wheels option. Best general purpose tractor in base game I'd say. It's the cheapest with 271+ horses available, and one of the strongest tractors with front loader option.

If you are on a budget and need a a work horse the Case IH 7250 Pro is a very cheap option for 261 hp. I invested some more and bought a Fendt 1000 vario for heavy work recently. 517hp at 63 km/h. Thats the strongest tractor that can go faster than 43 km/h in base game, and the fastest tractor above 348 horses..

If you just need speed and horses and JCB Fastrac 4220 or 8330 are strong enough and within your price range, then that sounds like a great choice for you. Just less flexible if you need to repurpose it.

Personally, I'm on hard economy so price matters. So I went for Fendt Favorite 511c, later upgraded to 515c when I could afford. It's the cheapest tractor with all utility options. Then I got the Case IH 7250 to have more horsepowers so I could use a square baler, pottinger mowing equipment, and use a 6m seeder and cultivator at full speed. Recently, I bought a Fendt 1000 Vario to be my workhorse for contracting, driving around the map able to use bigger equipment. I might sell the Case, or repurpose it for just being close to farmyard to do mowing bits or something. I expect I may exchange the Fendt Favorite with an MF7726 once I feel rich :)

This page here is pretty nice btw: https://gameplay.tips/guides/3429-farmi ... or-19.html
Last edited by humbe on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

JCB - far more versatile with the 4 wheel steer and high road speed. Add a front loader and you have the perfect all round machine.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've not really used it in FS19, but my favourite all-round tractor in FS17 was the Valtra N. Despite being in the Small Tractor category it's more powerful than 5 of the 6 cheapest in the Medium Tractor category (only the Case 7200 is more powerful). The top engine option of 201hp is plenty to pull the Vaderstad A600S up a moderate hill and it's always seemed much more manoeuvrable than other tractors too.

If you have the Platinum DLC then the Claas Arion 600 is very similar in both price and power range (145hp to 205hp).

The JCB is brilliant, and I love having the new style in game now but their lower torque can sometimes be felt with hard ground work more than some other tractors (though obviously makes it all back when carting).

The Deutz-Fahr/Lamborghini and Fendt 800 mods are better at ground work while still being quick if that matters, but are a little larger options and more powerful (though not necessarily more expensive depending on engine option).

Also worth pointing out that if you do go for the Massey 7700 then the 7700S mod by STv-Modding costs the same and looks a bit fancier and meaner (as does the 8700S)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:36 pm I've not really used it in FS19, but my favourite all-round tractor in FS17 was the Valtra N. Despite being in the Small Tractor category it's more powerful than 5 of the 6 cheapest in the Medium Tractor category (only the Case 7200 is more powerful). The top engine option of 201hp is plenty to pull the Vaderstad A600S up a moderate hill and it's always seemed much more manoeuvrable than other tractors too.

If you have the Platinum DLC then the Claas Arion 600 is very similar in both price and power range (145hp to 205hp).

The JCB is brilliant, and I love having the new style in game now but their lower torque can sometimes be felt with hard ground work more than some other tractors (though obviously makes it all back when carting).

The Deutz-Fahr/Lamborghini and Fendt 800 mods are better at ground work while still being quick if that matters, but are a little larger options and more powerful (though not necessarily more expensive depending on engine option).

Also worth pointing out that if you do go for the Massey 7700 then the 7700S mod by STv-Modding costs the same and looks a bit fancier and meaner (as does the 8700S)
NEFG modding has a 500 series challenger you could give a try if ya liked seems to be right in the power range you like. It’s a nice tractor I use a lot in game and use one for planting in real life. Here’s the link if ya wanna take a look. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5346172041
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

+1^^^ Those Challengers, 500 and 600 alike, are awesome. Never thought I’d want to run a Cat over a Deere
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

One answer a mas.c.b :lol:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew: