Marwell by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Share your creations with us!
SimpleFarmer

Marwell by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Background: Opportunity to move to the UK and take over a mismanaged farm.
About me: Long time US farmer with substantial capital saved from farm management operations within the US.

Prior to Year 1:
Worked out a deal with a UK based property management firm to take over a recently foreclosed and mismanaged farm near Marwell Manor. Existing management has until to the close of the year to sell remaining livestock and vacate. Existing farming equipment was worked into the forclosure amount, and the entire operation was offered to me for $2.1 million. Selling interests in the US and putting 100% of the proceeds into this project. Was a little short but after working with the property management firm was able to make a deal. Paid in cash for existing farm.
Also foreclosing through the same firm was the actual manor near the farming property, which was already vacant and had been for just over a year. After a tour of the grounds, determined that for the right price, and some general improvements, buying the manor could be a possibility. Settled on a final sale price of around 1.9 million for the manor, with annual payments of 120,000, due on 12/31; the first being due at the end of the first year. Repairs will begin as soon as possible with plans to move in by the end of Year 1. Will be staying in the existing farmhouse until complete. Might be able to put the farmhouse up for rent after move-in. Purchase of the Manor will be a separate operation from the farm as it is a personal acquisition. I just hope the annual payment won't drive us into the ground. It has a pool so the kids will be happy anyway.
Budget of year 1 shows we most likely won't make a profit in Year 1, but the loss shouldn't be too bad. This is because we will be leasing equipment to make hay for our cows, and buying cows, which most likely won't have any return until future years. In addition, because our depreciation isn't on straight line (more than 20% is depreciated in the first year) depreciation expense will be higher than in future years. We will need to leave enough cash so that we can make the payment due Dec 31 on the Manor. These will be Owner Distributions on our balance sheet. Because we are restoring a historic building, taxes have been waved by the Queen. (God save the Queen.)
We plan on selling most of the existing equipment and buying what we need. Previous management clearly didn't know what they were doing.
Manor - Amortization Schedule
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
SimpleFarmer

Re: Marwell by SimpleFarmer - Series

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Getting set up
Most existing equipment was sent to auction, some was traded in on new equipment. Our salesman is able to work magic with Fendt machinery. He makes good commission on Fendt equipment and it seems to be a fairly decent brand, based on my previous experience with it. So I think I'll be pretty happy with a majorly Fendt fleet.
Traded in the Massey Ferguson Activa 7347 S harvester for the Fendt 6275L. It is a little more expensive, but it will handle the Draper Stream 900 better and has a higher capacity. Traded in the John Deere 6R on a Fendt 724 Power and an older 515c. The Fendt medium tractors seem to be very good price for HP, have good turning radii (except for the Fendt Favorite, aka, "the limo"), and smooth throttle response. And they look very good, which is always a plus. Sold the Fendt 1149 for 428,000 with plans to buy it (or something similar) back in a few years when we need more horsepower. For now, we will probably only require a max of around 300. Sold the Cenius 8003 cultivator as well.
We will try to get by without cultivating and plowing in an attempt to go as no-till as possible. We will also employ the use of cover crops whenever possible and natural fertilizers to improve soil health. In the first year or so, it will be impossible to completely cut out chemical fertilizers, so we will use them sparingly as part of our crop plan until we are able to. With the amount of rain in the UK, we will want to try to mitigate erosion on a much more massive scale than back in the US. We are starting with a badly mismanaged farm, so the soil health is very poor. It may be a few years until we can get it where we want it.
We will be managing weeds until we can eradicate them via natural means. We estimate we will need to use herbicide for a year or two while we get our fields to a position where weeds will not be a problem.
We purchased the Lizard 7m Subsoiler, as it is just a must-have around the farm, we will use it to expand fields and clear the plowing color on the map so we can tell fert. state, and to clear grass. Plowing has been turned off because it is bad for soil biology and soil health.
We will be dealing with manure and silage with a wheel loader in the future. My go-to wheel loader is the smaller Claas wheel loader with the Biobeltz 7,000-liter bucket. This setup will cost around 120,000, but will pay itself off in time saved quickly enough. The sooner it is purchased, the more time is saved. We will purchase this when we have our first batch of silage that we are going to put into a silo. In the meantime, we will use a front end loader attachment to muck out the barn.
I am still trying to decide what to do about a trailer. We have the TKD 302, which will work for now, but not for long. We will just keep this in mind as we go along. Currently I'm leaning toward the Joskin 35,000-liter, but it might be a bit too big for our Fendt 724.
Our budget was so inaccurate, we have removed it from the annual report.

The following is a report of our starting position before any work has been done, or depreciation accrued. All the equipment has been delivered to the farm and we are ready to start working the fields.
*throws champagne bottle against back of tractor*
*gets pressure washer to clean it off. Its brand new you *$#%§*.*
Balance Sheet
Income Statement
Is 0 - there was no loss on any of the existing equipment we sold as it was bundled in the price of the farm.
Equipment Listing
As items are sold they are entered as negative values to remove. This way we can track what we purchase and sell along the way.
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yeah, another story to follow! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Last edited by Dairydeere on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Special Guest: Schave Schamsey - Personal Finance Coach
SimpleFarmer: "Hello everyone and here with me is special guest Schave Schamsey, a well known personal finance advisor/guru, to talk with me about my latest adventures in the UK. I'm really excited to hear what you have to say, Schave, so let's get started, shall we?"
Schave: "Crushing debt, smh"
SF: "What's that?"
Schave: "Absolute crushing debt. Zero debt freedom."
SF: "Sorry everyone, but it seems Schmave isn't too excited about the Marwell Move. Care to explain, Schave?"
Schave: "Sure, I'll explain. Absolutely foolish monetary decisions is all I'm seeing here, to be frank. You went in way to deep with the Marwell farm purchase, you haven't ever farmed in the UK, and to invest your entire life savings was absolutely the worst thing I've ever seen in my time in radio broadcasting. Then to top it all off, a massive purchase of the Marwell Manor. Absolutely terrible decision. I mean, are you even halfway educated? There is no better way to drown an already failing endeavor than to add several more million dollars of crippling debt. You'll never make it, not in a million years. You're going to choke your farming operation dry in an attempt to make your annual $120,000 payments. You say the kids will be happy at least? I beg to differ. Not when they find out that their dad squandered 2 million dollars on a wild bender in the the UK. Say goodbye to any college dreams you had, kids. Absolute crushing debt, zero debt freedom, smh."
SF: "Well folks, that's all the time we had today, thanks Schave, better wrap it up, sorry we couldn't hear what else you had to say."
Schave: "What are you talking about, we still have 5 minutes."
SF: "Sorry Schave, it looks like we're out of time."
Schave: "It's my show."
SF: "Well no one listens to it Schave. You're a schmuck, who asked you anyway?"
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Year in Review - Year 1
We planted soybeans in both of our arable fields, and we have a very diverse crop rotation planned.
The hay was harvested in mid summer and baled. We were torn between renting and buying the hay making equipment. We decided to rent. In the future we will most likely not be bailing the hay, but storing it in a hay loft unbaled. The first year or two, we will be bailing it because we don't have a hayloft yet and we don't have very many cows so it will be easy keep up with bales. Some of the grass was made into silage.
During the long hours of making hay and planting the fields I owned, I realized that our Fendt harvester just wasn't going to work. I knew it would be close and that we wouldn't have 4 hours to harvest the fields (didn't know just how close it really would be). So we sold the Fendt and bought the Case IH with the 45m header. My rational was that I would be able to empty it as much as it needed since I wouldn't be doing anything else while harvesting, so the capacity wouldn't be a big deal, but we needed a really wide header to get the crops harvested asap. I am so glad I did that, because even with the super wide header, harvesting still took just over 2 hours and we nearly lost a lot of soybeans.
The Soybeans were almost lost, it was so close. The way this game is set up, I have it set on 3 day seasons and at 5x, and I can set the clock however I want. The reason behind this is that in real life, farmers need to get thier crops off the field asap, which explains why they spend so much on a harvester only to use it a couple days out of the year. This is especially true here in the UK, where it rains very often. I quickly realized we weren't in Kansas anymore. (I would never live in Kansas, btw, that's just a famous quote.) Even though I had planted the soybeans super early in the year, they sat in the planted phase right into early summer. They were still growing as autumn progressed and I began to get worried as the last day of autumn was nearing the end of the day. Around dusk the crops usually get too wet to thrush, and the next day was winter, which means you can't harvest (I think). So when they suddenly turned ready to harvest right at the last minute I was pretty happy. I set the clock to real time and about 2 hours later while I was cleaning up the last few remaining undone areas, the crops became too wet to thrush. Very close!
I used the 21,000 liter TKD trailer, which worked fine, since the fields are very close to the silo. I might not even upgrade it at all. Or at least not next year.
We got moved into the Manor in the fall, it is a very beautiful home. Almost too beautiful. Sometimes I stand by the pool and wonder if I should just dive in never to resurface, after what Schave the Schmuck had to say...
Standing by the beautiful poolside
Financial Report

Income:
  • Income: All of our income is in our Silo, we haven't actually sold anything. Despite selling the seeder at a loss, we aren't showing that much loss on sale because we sold a bunch of smaller (sub $5,000) pieces of equipment like the small plow which we weren't going to use, because we never listed them on the asset listing, they would show up as a "gain". We are showing a loss on livestock because we bought 20 cows and they are worth less than we paid for them. I was pretty surprised how much we made off of the soybeans and feel pretty confident about the years going forward, especially once the cows start producing milk. Not in a million years, why did I ever ask Schave what he thought.
  • Expense: Depreciation expense is our largest expense, and it is higher because the first hour you put on a machine takes 20% of it's value, as long as we are still buying new equipment, this will remain pretty high. Our 'Other' expense is pretty high, this is partially due to having our animals delivered, and also buying some of our fertilizer at a fill station.
Balance Sheet:
  • Even after the disbursement to myself for $120,000, we still increased our total farm value by 72,000. Not too bad for our first year.
Analysis:
  • Our ROA and ROE are the same because our assets were all existing, it won't be until we buy assets with money we've earned or borrowed that they will change. That being said, they are in the normal range at 9%, so we know we aren't exploiting anyone or cutting corners. In case you're unfamiliar with how these are calculated, these take into account income before I made the Manor payment, because it is a personal expense and not related to the farm.
  • Our profit margin is very high, but not high enough to raise any red flags, but at 41% this kind of shows how profitable soybeans are and that I didn't lease very expensive hay equipment - and spent more time doing hay and made more trips. Additionally, we don't have very much equipment yet, we've been getting by with just 2 tractors. Lastly, there was 68,000 worth of crops in our storages, which I didn't realize until I was preparing this, so I am not going to go back and re-adjust to remove them from this year's income.
Inventory:
I've included the inventory so you can see what the yields and values I estimated are as they are the majority of our income. (all of our income to be exact.)
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Planning for Year 2: Decisions Decisions
The goal for year two is to increase profits and cut down on time worked. We will try to make as informed decisions as possible to make sure we really are maximizing both time and investment.
In total we have spent 4.75 hours sowing. We sowed right behind the harvester so provided it doesn't fail, we have two years planted. So each round of sowing took just under 2.5 hours. For how I like to play, that is way too long. Harvesting took almost 1 hour, but we have the biggest harvester we will need so that will stay the way it is for now. The goal is to cut sowing time way down for a few reasons:
We are trying to go no-till and no chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Per recent research, we can accomplish this by growing cover crops and keeping armor on the soil - so we won't pull the straw off the fields and we will spread our manure and slurry. In short - sowing cover crops will cut out our need to plow, weed, or fertilize (as much we will still need to spread manure). This means we will be sowing twice per crop cycle. So our seeder has to be really big.
The 9 meter seeder took 2.35 hours, so an 18m seeder would take 1.15 hours - and we would need to sow twice so 2.3 hours of sowing per year. The 23.3m seeder would take 0.9 hours so 1.8 hours a year. Spending the extra on the larger seeder would save us a half hour per year of playing time. So the question is, is a half hour of game time worth $235,500? Not really.
An excel comparison shows that for a 176% increase in cost, we would save 78% of sowing time. This wouldn't make me want to do it either - unless we picture in a few years of this, in which case that 78% saved time would really add up.
Over a few years we would save a half hour per, so eventually it would start evening out, but slowly. What is really swaying me though, is that the Paralink has the seeder in the front, which makes it much easier to sow with because it doesn't get caught on everything.
My last option is combining 2 seeders. Above, we would pay 235,000 for an additional 5 meters, but we would never pay 235,000 for a 5 meter seeder. This got me thinking about just buying a 6 meter seeder and using the existing 724 Vario. The reason we didn't keep our 9 meter seeder is that it took more horsepower than we already owned and we would have had to buy it's own special tractor for it, which wouldn't have been worth it. Combining 2 seeders and comparing it to a seeder of twice it's worth never works out because each needs its own tractor. The only way it would is if you already had the tractors and they were needed for other things around the farm.
In the end, we decided to just get the Paralink, because of how easy it will be to use, and because I didn't pay $7 for nothing - we gotta prove a point here.
The next decision was the tractor we would need to pull it. To save you a bunch of math, I worked out the price per hp of all the tractors between 500 and 550 hp price to HP and what we came down to was the Fendt 1050 Vario @ $710, and the Claas Xerion @ 750. The Xerion had about 30 more hp and seemed better able to handle the large drill, so that will be our choice.
How we will afford all of this. (Don't worry Schave, I'm going to screw this up).
We currently have 172,000 in Cash, and an expected 450,000 incoming - which should bring our total close to 600,000. Our settup will cost around 950,000. We will not be able to afford it with our current resources. We will wait until we have harvested the currently planted crop, which is Canola, and it will sell in the Fall/early winter. We will then hopefully be able to purchase the set up in the spring of Year 3. If not, we will just go with the 18 meter set up.
I'm not entirely sure if I am going to use the Milk Money to finance the Agri Op, or to buy better hay making equipment. For now, renting the hay equipment seems to be the best, but eventually buying what we need will be mandatory. I don't really enjoy making hay, so I'm not going to get too invested in it. I wish it wasn't so expensive to buy.
SimpleFarmer

Re: Marwell by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Photos of Year 2
Mucking out the barn

Horse barn and old Massey Ferguson

Swimming during those hot summer days

Playing b-ball with the kids. Pushing them hard so they can win state. I know I could have back in HS, if the coach had just put me in.

Spirit (my horse) got a little carried away by this electro station and joined the stars.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

My horse did something similar check out the (fs20) screenshots thread
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Absolutely brilliant. Enjoyed reading through your journey. Keep it up. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I like the idea of multiple pcs of less expensive smaller equipment. You could have gotten two john deere 8350 6meter seeders for around $6K each and either pulled them with your current tractors or grabbed a couple agrostar clearview tractors for $20-30K each

The main thing in FS is it seems people are always in the buying mood, always going for something new even if it doesn't really grant much or any improvement. My longest running map in FS17 has just over 450 hrs, I have 4 tractors, one of them is starting equipment, the second was purchased at the start, the third shortly there after. The 4th is pretty recent in game time, mainly because it just came out as a new mod at the time.

keep it up. looking forward to reading more.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Crazof wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:36 pm I like the idea of multiple pcs of less expensive smaller equipment. You could have gotten two john deere 8350 6meter seeders for around $6K each and either pulled them with your current tractors or grabbed a couple agrostar clearview tractors for $20-30K each

The main thing in FS is it seems people are always in the buying mood, always going for something new even if it doesn't really grant much or any improvement. My longest running map in FS17 has just over 450 hrs, I have 4 tractors, one of them is starting equipment, the second was purchased at the start, the third shortly there after. The 4th is pretty recent in game time, mainly because it just came out as a new mod at the time.

keep it up. looking forward to reading more.
Agreed, running back and forth between two helpers might be a bit too exciting for me, but with the costs of those 600+ hp tractors, we will see if I can find a setup that will get me 24 meters of planting width for cheaper.
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Annual Report - Year 2
We have reached the end of Year 2, and have made some very dynamic decisions.
First of all, we plowed the hayfield. Last year, our huge hayfield made us so much hay and so much silage, we had plenty for this year and maybe even next. We pulled all the hay and silage grass off of it for year 2 and there was so much, we put it all into storage, but it will last us a few years at our current setup. We decided to plow up the grass and use the field as an arable field. We will buy a smaller field for making hay in year three, most likely. I have my eye on a grass field just beside our farm priced around $200,000. The hayfield we had was so large, I really didn't like making that much hay. With the number of Holsteins growing, though, we will go through a lot more than we are currently using.
Second, the Great Plains 18.2 meter spreader is a deceptive decepticon. It says it needs 280 hp, or thereabouts, so I rented it and the Claas 870, with 295hp and wides+wheel weights. It couldn't pull it. I rented the Claas 930, with around 350 hp, and still couldn't pull it. I then rented the Claas 960, with 445 hp and wide tires, which pulled it just fine, but almost 150 hp more than was needed per specifications. In total we spent nearly $60,000 in leasing costs as we arrived at our conclusion. The store just said tough luck, we lease you what you tell us you want, and the specs of the planter are per the manufacturer.
Lastly, in my growing rage at the horsepower problems, I finished planting and realized I had planted the field with soybeans. It is Late Summer, fellow farmers: These aren’t going to grow. Now I was staring at the field wondering if I just wait and see what grows, against all the odds of farming ever, or go lease a cultivator, the planter, and the tractor, all over again and re-do it. We wanted to plant Wheat, which can be planted before winter.
The estimated sale price in the newspapers for soybeans was totally off. It was estimated at in early summer, we could sell the soybeans for around $2.1/liter. When early summer arrived the prices were at 1.90/liter. Me, being frugal, waited throughout the day for the extra $0.20. Instead of going up, the price dropped to $1.8/liter. We sold then, knowing that we had been bamboozled. Instead of making the estimated $433,000, we only made $360,000. This $50,000 difference will show up as a loss on our income statement. Coupled with the $50,000 in leasing costs, we started to have a bad time.
We are starting to see there might be an issue pairing the Claas Xerion with the Paralink Hoe Drill. The Xerion only has 50 more horsepower than it says it requires, and if the same problem exists that we discovered above, we will be out even more money. We might have to buy one of the massive tractors like the Quadtrac or the 9RX. Those are really scaring me as they cost so much, I don’t really know how I would ever afford them. If you remember, we’ve sold our seeder and are waiting to buy the Paralink.
We will have to rent a setup for the Year 3 planting cycle again. I wasn’t ready to reseed the failed soybeans, nor other two fields that we harvested, because the Canola sold in early winter, and I was hoping to buy the new drill setup with the sales. Then, when I had sold the Canola, I had about 1 million in cash, but I wasn’t ready to go spend it all on that setup, I needed to see if there was a cheaper, more efficient way. These clams didn’t come easy. In the end we decided to wait to buy the setup and instead spend some of the money on the new hayfield, the Claas Sinus Wheel Loader, for around 120,000, and on a multi-fruit silo for about $100,000. I’m not really sure I like the new silo, but more on it later.
Seeder problem: The reason we don’t really want to buy a smaller setup is because we are trying to go no-till and build crop health via cover crops. The amount of seeding this requires would make any smaller seeders un-worthwhile. I think what we will do is lease the exact setup for Year 3 we will buy for Year 4. Hopefully by then we will have enough to buy it without a loan, or with a much smaller loan. The lease fees will probably be around $70,000, while depreciation would be close to $200,000 for the first year. Also, I had worked out that the Claas Xerion would be cheaper than 2 tractors and two seeders, but now I have to see if this changes with a horsepower requirement of 600+. I will work this problem out next spring.
On a good note, we started a horse facility where we can house horses. We had to build a barn to hold hay, straw and oats. I was surprised that none of the existing structures surrounding the horse enclosure were usable. Building your own is a very tricky business here in the UK. You don’t just throw up an old barn, you gotta find a tiny place it will fit and make it look natural. There are very few places to build here. We also bought a restored Massey Ferguson and a loader attachment.
The first horse we are housing belongs to my 2-year old. He watches a lot of Spirit on Netflix, so naturally his horse is named that too. I don’t give him any discounts just because he’s 2, so we are making around $1,200/day. Not sure where he works, but as long as he pays the rent…”
Planting trees with seasons is a very slow process. On our first day on the farm we planted 60 saplings for the future in the sheep pasture. I don’t really like sheep, but we needed to make the space it took up profitable, so we planted a forest around the outside of it, leaving the middle open in case someday I want to get sheep (will never happen). At the end of year 2, they are just in their second gowth stage, so we know it will be awhile until we can harvest them. With the current cash problems we are having, this won’t be a bad thing.
Income Statement
  • Very impressive harvest income, but most of that was last year’s unsold crops (notice the negative unreceived revenue). We haven’t sold any equipment so there is no gain or loss, and we had to sell a building that didn’t look right so we lost half of it’s value. They should let you adjust buildings after you’ve placed them. Fertilizer is so expensive. I can’t wait to go no-til with cover crops, they barely use any seed, so we will save so much money.
Balance Sheet
  • So far so good, we’ve increased our total farm value by about 120,000, after taking out the amount to myself. Schave would be upset knowing I am taking half of the earnings for myself, but my wife demands to live in the Manor, so that’s that.
Analysis
  • We are starting to amass quite the amount of equipment, and I’m not really sure we need so much land, but land really pays off like no other asset, so we aren’t too worried. We are starting to get used to higher than expected return on assets, it seems the odds are just in our favor, and same with the profit margin, the expenses in the game aren’t very high for the profits you gain off of the yields. Next year, without the super high leasing costs, it will most likely be even higher. Or actually, we will most likely be leasing again, but you get the idea.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Special Event: Equipment Showdown
In the spring of Year 3 I called the CEO. Of the dealership. He’s important, I’m important. We’re a big deal.
SimpleFarmer: “Hello… its me.”
CEO: “So, we meet again… The pleasure’s all mine.”
SimpleFarmer: “That was some stunt you pulled last spring with the deceptive decepticon planter, CEO.”
CEO: “Let’s talk.”
*music intensifies*
SimpleFarmer: “I want horsepower.”
CEO: “Deal.”
The star-studded conversation was as meaningful as it was dramatic, and we reached a deal. I would try anything I wanted and only buy what I wanted, no additional fees for all the stuff that didn’t work.
I was going for 24 meters of sowing width and for the best price. We bought the 4220 23.3m Paralink Hoe Drill. We quickly discovered that the Claas Xerion 5000 wouldn’t work. I was hoping it would, because I thought it looked cool, and it was the cheapest option. We had to get something with over 600 hp, so we crunched some numbers and found that the 9RX would be a pretty good option, so we went with it. Our total set up cost an astounding 1,055,500. It worked… okay. The worker wouldn’t make the turn at the end of the fields no matter how many passes we did on the headland.
SimpleFarmer: “And for this reason… I’m out.”
While this wasn’t the only reason, I had to make my show as cool as Sharktank, so that’s what I said in the press conference. The other reasons I abandoned this setup were the cost could be beat, the functionality could be beat, and the time could be beat.

While very cool, we will have to say goodbye to the 9RX and Paralink Hoe Drill.

I found that I could combine the 9m Horche Pronto, and the 15m Amazone Condor drills, and the necessary tractors to pull them for more than $100,000 cheaper. And we would have two, high-horsepower tractors, instead of one huge one. After a few experimental tractors with the two drills, we ended up deciding that going with 2 different tractors would be best, as the 9m Horsche didn’t take as much HP as the 15m one. Because the Claas tractors are about 35-40 slots on a console, however, we were forced to reconsider. We did the year 3 planting with the 15m drill, as I didn't have enough to buy the second tractor & drill. By the end of year 3 we did.

SimpleFarmer: “Hello… it’s me….”
CEO: “So, we meet again. What can I do you for?”
SimpleFarmer: “Slots. That was sure some slotty move you pulled with the setup you sold me… over 100 slots to be exact.”
CEO *Sweating*: stammers
SimpleFarmer *cool, collected*: “I want compensation.”
CEO: “Deal.”
The drama was so intense, it registered on local seismographs.

We will in the future upgrade the 9m to a 15m, and the Claas 870 to the same as our other Claas, which is a Claas 960, and the trade in will be met at 100% the purchase price. We decided to do this this way because we aren’t at our slot count limit yet, but when we do get there, this will need to happen. Because the CEO determined how many slots I can have, he will compensate me for the inconvenience.

Current Setup
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The seismologists in the area: “Sir, we’re detecting a high amount of harsh debate and raw horsepower in Sector 18”
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:32 pm The seismologists in the area: “Sir, we’re detecting a high amount of harsh debate and raw horsepower in Sector 18”
Get a guy out there. Now.