What's going on, on your farm?

Dairydeere

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Dairydeere »

10 Ayrshires are being welcomed into Oregon as I get going in another spring on Lone Oak, hopefully I can have milk in the coming years
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I started again on Geiselsberg because I'm not happy with my choices there. It was my first farm that stuck.

I thought I'd try running pigs this time, instead of cows. Well, after two years of pigs, I've just finished selling them all. I'm going back to cropping.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I have been putting in some waterways on Osina. Mostly on fields with steep gullies. The Kuhn planter wasn’t playing in spots anyways, so I just started putting them in for more realism anyways. The map creator already has some in a few fields to start with.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Red1775

Post by Red1775 »

New Hampshire on PS4

I’m running cattle and raising horses.
My crop growth is geared to support the stock and excess is sold.

I wish the PS4 edition had an F250 and some better fame houses. It’s ascetics I know but the farm house looks like a dump.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Since I found out about KarlFarms version of the Case Magnum from you guys, I decided to use my Lone Oak save to run American equipment instead of exclusively German vehicles.

So far my program of Americanisation has lead to the following changes:

Claas Arion 660 -> John Deere 6M
Claas Axion 870 -> John Deere 8410
Deutz Fahr Series 9 -> Case Magnum 380
Claas Lexion 8900 -> Case Axial Flow 240

Up next (potentially) is my Claas Xerion 5000. I trialled the John Deere 9RX, sold it. I’m now trialling the Case Steiger. Started with twin 900 wide tyres, now running quad track, and am considering selling and trying the New Holland T9 SmartTrax II. I don’t really need it yet, but eventually I’ll need something with more than 600 horses to pull a 30m seeder. The way it’s going, I’ll just keep my Xerion in addition to whichever large beast I decide on. I’ve not yet found anything that can match its power and versatility.

Further candidates for Americanisation:
MAN 33 414
Claas Jaguar (Unlikely to be replaced)

If anyone has any suggestions for mods I can look at, I’d welcome them.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Luftkopf wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:12 am Claas Axion 870 -> John Deere 8410

Nice choice
Luftkopf wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:12 am Claas Jaguar (Unlikely to be replaced)

Jaguar should stay, because it still is an American vehicle. Jaguars are seen in my area more commonly than John Deere foragers
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Luftkopf wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:12 am Further candidates for Americanisation:
MAN 33 414

In almost 37 years living in the States (my whole life) I've only ever seen one MAN. If you want an American looking truck, look to the Lizard Roadrunner, Hulk++ or Warrior++. Of course if you're on PC, you can probably find a Kenworth, Peterbilt or Freightliner. I've also seen a Mack Superliner mod here in the screenshots thread but I don't know if it's public or not.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The Superliner is public, I just don't have the link. I got the mod in a download from a server, so I don't know where it came from, but my best guess is Expendables Modding

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

On 19 I have been pretty ocd about running proper machinery on maps. But a couple weeks ago I put the American Magnum on Osina. Then I bought that flatbed pickup truck. And it feels good. I’m gonna buy one of those jhhg Deere’s for the farm next when they get released. You can’t stop me!

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:59 pm On 19 I have been pretty ocd about running proper machinery on maps. But a couple weeks ago I put the American Magnum on Osina. Then I bought that flatbed pickup truck. And it feels good. I’m gonna buy one of those jhhg Deere’s for the farm next when they get released. You can’t stop me!
I did see 2 JD cotton harvesters heading to the Port of Seattle yesterday....
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:59 pm On 19 I have been pretty ocd about running proper machinery on maps. But a couple weeks ago I put the American Magnum on Osina. Then I bought that flatbed pickup truck. And it feels good. I’m gonna buy one of those jhhg Deere’s for the farm next when they get released. You can’t stop me!
I did see 2 JD cotton harvesters heading to the Port of Seattle yesterday....
I’m actually looking into one of those as well. Lol.

Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I tried many different American trucks before I finally settled on the Mack Pinnacle by 5nine. It handles alright, and runs my setups well. The MAN 33 is gone.

After 60 hours of farming Lone Oak with German equipment, I've now converted it all to American. Feels weird, but it's interesting to use equipment I'm not familiar with. The Case Magnum with the helicopter tanks is getting a lot of use, despite the I only use it on my fields for the last level of fert, because I take all the biggest fert contracts going. It's definitely a money maker!

At 70 hours now, Lone Oak moves into second place in terms of hours spent on a map, and first place in terms of hours spent of an individual farm, because I restarted Geiselsberg after 63 hours, and now have 30 on my new farm.

I've finally figured out why Mecklenburg Vorpommern was running like stuff on my machine! I turned off GlobalCompany, and now it runs fine! So now that I have my favourite map back, I've planted my 64ha with Canola, Soy, and Corn, and am prepping to spread digestate on my 13ha of Corn.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Sowing a field with my MF8740
Harvesting with my Deutz Fahr 6095
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
wombles

Post by wombles »

Just getting some crops in.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Harvesting wheat on my farm for my new pellet investment. This is the JHHG S690 with the new 645FD draper, all on ModHub. I really like this setup, and then I have the Case IH 7130 Magnum carting in the grain cart and my mods by 5nine Ford semi hauling in the Pacesetter (and I've heard he's trying to bring his Ford LTL 9000 to consoles under a fake brand name :biggrin2: )

PS, we're on page 50 of this thread, really cool to see all the catchups of Farm Sim operations *thumbsup* , thanks @chedly_farms for this idea

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!