Stockman - Feature requests and further development

What feature do YOU think I should add next?

Alerts at old age
37%
New animal types (ducks, goats etc)
24%
Warnings per feed type (instead of total food)
39%

Total votes: 46

w33zl

Stockman - Feature requests and further development

Post by w33zl »

Hi!

I am the author of the Stockman mod and I wanted to reach out to the community for your feedback on what features I might add in the future. Rather than me guessing ( :hmm: ) what features is most desired I figured I should let you, the farmers using my mod, suggest (and vote for) new features.

So please let me know...
Do you use the mod?
What do you think about the mod?
Is there any particular feature you think is missing?

I'll start of with a couple of suggestions:
  1. Alerts when animals getting old and is in risk of dying of age
  2. Add new animal types (such as ducks, goats etc) - credits to PDX_Jedi for the suggestion *thumbsup*
  3. Warnings per feed type (instead of total food)
Last edited by w33zl on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my mods: Stockman | TidyShop | Pallet Price Balancer | Buy Used Equipment

Want to report a bug or have a suggestion to any of my mods? Check out my official Farming Simulator project website. Or support me on my fan pages Facebook or Patreon .
Alagos

Re: Stockman - Feature requests and further development

Post by Alagos »

One thing I'd like to see (change) is warnings of feed getting low per feed type, not for the total amount of feed from the combined food types.
Example: I only feed my cows TMR, because they eat the 'best' food first. But this causes the feed level warning to pop up quite fast, because the other types are empty.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

Alagos wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 pm One thing I'd like to see (change) is warnings of feed getting low per feed type, not for the total amount of feed from the combined food types.
Example: I only feed my cows TMR, because they eat the 'best' food first. But this causes the feed level warning to pop up quite fast, because the other types are empty.
Thanks, I'll consider that.
Check out my mods: Stockman | TidyShop | Pallet Price Balancer | Buy Used Equipment

Want to report a bug or have a suggestion to any of my mods? Check out my official Farming Simulator project website. Or support me on my fan pages Facebook or Patreon .
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

Personally I would like to see some improvements to the current cattle husbandry. Something like how on the Sandy Bay map you can purchase and or raise calves. The fact that calves are born and are immediately full grown as always bugged me.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Alerts at old age would be great
the big print giveth the small print taketh
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

^1++
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

High Cotton wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm Personally I would like to see some improvements to the current cattle husbandry. Something like how on the Sandy Bay map you can purchase and or raise calves. The fact that calves are born and are immediately full grown as always bugged me.
Thanks for the suggestion! However I think this is too big change and out of scope for this mod. My goal with this mod is to assist the player by highlighting important data/insights rather than alternating any behaviours. Maybe you could post this as a general suggestion for a new mod?

juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Hey there w33zl, thanks for reaching out for us and our suggestions.
Personally i'd like to see two small features.
For one the removal of the small grey graphic bug in the top left corner of the menu.
The other one is the problem with the ToggleNoHudAndFlight Mode, your Mod won't disapear if i disable to Hud to take some clean Screenshots.
Other than that i like the mod as it is.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Im using this currently and old age as well as feed type warnings would be welcome. Or an option to turn on or off the warnings for TMR vs grass as, like someone mentioned, the cows will only eat the ‘best food’ available

I have noticed tho, not related at all to this but since the author is here already; about 60-70% of the times I boot my save game, stockman does not register any active pens at all, so no info showing. A restart or two and it shows up as normal. Quite strange.
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

Sorry for the late response guys, I have been occupied with other projects. However I have set up a project website for Stockman with an issue tracker and I have recorded all your valuable input there. I will post further updates on the project site and hope you will post your bug reports and feature requests there as well.

Stockman Project Website

oschuhm

Post by oschuhm »

Hi w33zl,
there is an issue with Maize Plus Forage Extension.
Stockman shows the l10n entry instead of the name of the food group.
Do you have time to check and fix this?
Kind regards
Oliver
Unsere Community: https://www.ls-farmers.de
LS-Farmers auf Twitch: LS-Farmers Twitch Kanal
LS-Farmers bei Youtube: LS-Farmers YouTube Kanal
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Would it too much of a bother to make the Stockman icons disappear with the rest of the HUD when using the HUD Hide mod?

https://forbidden-mods.de/filebase/file/4583-hud-hide/
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

oschuhm wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 pm Hi w33zl,
there is an issue with Maize Plus Forage Extension.
Stockman shows the l10n entry instead of the name of the food group.
Do you have time to check and fix this?
Kind regards
Oliver
Thanks for the report, I will have a look at this.

w33zl

Post by w33zl »

Luftkopf wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 am Would it too much of a bother to make the Stockman icons disappear with the rest of the HUD when using the HUD Hide mod?

https://forbidden-mods.de/filebase/file/4583-hud-hide/
Hopefully it's not to much work :) I have some bugs that I need to prioritize but I will have a look at this too as soon as possible.

FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Is this a trap?