YES Mods says goodbye (for now)

Pict

YES Mods says goodbye (for now)

Post by Pict »

Pretty sad to see this today, I really like this site and I wish him luck finding new work.

https://www.yesmods.com/announcements/goodbye-for-now/
cwattyeso

Re: YES Mods says goodbye (for now)

Post by cwattyeso »

That's a great shame, as liked that site, as it only published mods it had tested and found to be safe, as well as making sure the original link to the author's download was maintained. Definitely one of the better Non-ModHub sites, shame it has come to an end. Especially as all the other scumbag sites and mod theft sites continue to flourish and operate.

I do also want to repeat someyhing important which YesMods has posted on that page, especially for modders out their looking to upload and distribute their work now going forward:
If you submit your mod to sites outside Giants modhub, you’ll often be required to get a file host for your mod. Please consider picking a host that’s user friendly. Hosts like Sharemods, DL-File, Modsbase, and Uploaded are not popular among players, for several reasons, like malware spreading and throttled download speeds.

Here are some great alternatives you can use instead:

Google Drive.
Mega.nz.
Mediafire.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

after 5 minutes from the publication of the mods on the modhub giants you can find them on almost all sites. it is the giants that should protect the mods it publishes
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Giants allows other sites to "steal" they mods, but there are some modders who calling reuploading without permission stealing.
I call stealing is the thing that somebody else takes your mod and calls it his owns.

At least Yesmods never stole any mod and only included original links, which some of them were not working or linked to paywalled sites.
Last edited by IceUul on Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

michele1048 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:57 pm after 5 minutes from the publication of the mods on the modhub giants you can find them on almost all sites. it is the giants that should protect the mods it publishes
How can they? When you download the mod it goes into your files and you have access to those files and upload wherever. The only thing they could do is lick the files and even then people hack those files.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Always enjoyed visiting YESMODS. One of the very FEW no modhub sites i visit.

Always go direct to the mod author, modhub or the legit sites for my mods. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

how to do? when a site publishes a mod that is published on the giants modhub, the giants should request cancellation
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Under what what rule? An eu rule?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

It's too bad he has fallen on hard times. If he setup a go fund me, I'd gladly donate to keep it running.
Illinois Farmer

michele1048 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:13 pm how to do? when a site publishes a mod that is published on the giants modhub, the giants should request cancellation
Those sites could just say request denied then. Plus, mod authors puts then on modhub, their own Facebook and other sites at times, so someone could get it from those other sources and post it to those 3rd party sites. It is a lot harder to control than you think. It is almost impossible to control.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Very sad to see them disappear. I always trusted the mods listed as quality mods so it basically saved me from looking all over for mods. My go-to for sure. Very sad.
Illinois Farmer

I liked he did a write on them and told you about what errors were found.
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Definitely a site that did some homework on mods and used authors direct link. Sorry to see it go but hope that all is well with the owner during these crazy times.

As for the other sites, the mods that are uploaded there are not by individuals for the most part but by a search bot. So if your mod shows up anywhere on the internet it is highly likely that it will end up on sites like Modhub.us.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Damn that was my favorite alternative modding site.

What a shame :frown:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Yeah, a real shame to see Erik and the team stop for now. From the (non-sensationalist) reporting of rumours and facts in the build up to FS19's release and then the not insignificant effort of testing and posting recommended mods, it was a breath of fresh air in the community.

Hopefully this isn't the end of YesMods and only a brief pause in its short life..