Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

CudoYT

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by CudoYT »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:22 pm
CudoYT wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:36 am You could add a option to enable the months names for all 4 seasons (winter in december, spring in april)
Would definitely be possible, i don"t know why it isn"t there and you are calling it (early, mid and late)
For realism it is a MUST
it isnt a must and not everybodys seasons are the same months
Yeah, but then you could add different Seasons to enable
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Does planting in the rain affect yields in Seasons? Or is it fair game?
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

IRL we planted corn in the rain before. The only reason why was that it was June 8th (very late). The yield was ok for what year we had.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

People generally don't want to plant in rain for a couple reasons. First, is it gets muddy and can clog up the planter and you will have missing seed. Another, if you get a lot of rain the seed can rot and will be no good then. We have planted when it was sprinkling, but not pouring. Last year my brother planted too early in the morning and clogged up the planter, so then my dad and I wasted 3 hours cleaning it out.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

We really didn't want to, but it was the last corn and we just wanted to get it done. It was already muddy, and then it started raining. Somehow we didn't plug up the planter. Must be because it's a Case haha
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha yea that could be it ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I have an issue with Seasons on PS4. Playing Lone oak, 3 day seasons.

I find that AI workers will not spray herbicide in a field that has weeds. I have tried waiting growth stages to see if it's a problem with the spray status for the ground but the message "helper X has finished" keeps coming up. An interesting observation is when you are in a section of thick weeds, the helpers will work for a bit of time. But once they get to a patch where there isn't weeds, the job stops. It seems like it is an issue with the way weeds are done in seasons, only showing up in patches (which is a nice touch for realism) but makes it hard for workers to see. It would be nice if it could somehow be implemented that the weeds still only show up in patches, but the weed "status" for the field in game would display as need weeding for the whole field. Because realistically, when we have weeds in our fields IRL, we wouldn't pull out our 92' boom sprayer just to hit a couple patches here or there. We would either wait till the fields have a lot of weeds prior to harvest or we would do it prempitvely (which I realise seasons allows, but still doesn't allow AI workers to do it from what I can tell).

The issue may have been reported before but I have not seen it here after searching.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

You found the answer yourself. The way the workers work is that they keep going for as long as they find work to do. When they don't see work anymore, they stop. This hard coded work system doesn't play well with the patched growth systems of Seasons. This goes for weeds, but also for actual crops, where patched crop failure also causes the workers to stop fertilising or harvesting if they run into it.

I'd recommend courseplay for Seasons.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

A belated thanks to Matty and the others for answering my previous question. I have one more, maybe abit more difficult (as it takes for ever to actually test it). Perhaps one for the Realismus guys: Do trees need 10m leeway from any crops to grow to full size? Or does it only have to be 10m between each tree, so you can plant other crops between the trees without interrupting growth?
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

OlavEmil wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:13 pm You found the answer yourself. The way the workers work is that they keep going for as long as they find work to do. When they don't see work anymore, they stop. This hard coded work system doesn't play well with the patched growth systems of Seasons. This goes for weeds, but also for actual crops, where patched crop failure also causes the workers to stop fertilising or harvesting if they run into it.

I'd recommend courseplay for Seasons.
On console so I don't have courseplay.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Oh right, good point. Sorry.
dakluit

Post by dakluit »

I added some crops to a map and im using seasons with it. The basic crops have a nice price fluctuation throughout the year. How can i make that with crops i added?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

dakluit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 pm I added some crops to a map and im using seasons with it. The basic crops have a nice price fluctuation throughout the year. How can i make that with crops i added?
Add them to the economy xml file inside Seasons I'd imagine.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
dakluit

Post by dakluit »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:21 pm
dakluit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 pm I added some crops to a map and im using seasons with it. The basic crops have a nice price fluctuation throughout the year. How can i make that with crops i added?
Add them to the economy xml file inside Seasons I'd imagine.
And how do i include the economy.xml in the map so that the game recognizes it? As i've tried adding it the the mapfiles and made a line in the "additionalFile" section of the map.xml. Tried at the same part in that xml where you also point to different fillTypes.xml and stuff.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

If you’re running Seasons the economy xml runs inside the mod
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins