headlights range

blue_painted

Re: headlights range

Post by blue_painted »

I've done night-time ploughing and all I could see was the first ten feet of open furrow ... made me go scally-eyed! The mind plays odd tricks in the dark, I've ridden dead late at night and hallucinated a forest on a hill that I know is empty fields.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Idahofarmkid

Post by Idahofarmkid »

Personally I hope that Giants can put actual working implement lights in FS21. I know the reason we don't have it now is because it's most likely too taxing on the current consoles to have that many lights and/or it's just seen as an oversight. But in all my real world farming experience all of our bigger implements had a lighting system. Our JD air seeder had them all over the seed cart and then some facing back so you could see the seeder, all of our potato digging equipment had lights all over due to the fact that you have 100 moving chains and have to watch for picking up boulders that turn good potatoes into pre mashed lol. We also added a lot of lights to things too. Which I think would also be an awesome option if it was set up in an ATS style shop but that's more a dream then hope.
lagweezle

Post by lagweezle »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:54 pm irl, by design, the nature of farming lights is more of a flood light as opposed to a beam of directed light.. In a car, you are expected to be moving much faster, giving a much greater need to light up whats directly in front of you much further to anticipate anything coming up with little to no need to see behind you.. You would never be expected to drive a tractor this fast.. in a field, seeing a shorter distance all the way around you is significantly more important and the distance not so much due to the reduced speed
That's great and all, but why do the headlights of the tractor, which would be used for driving on the street, not provide lighting further than the work lights? Headlights, for driving on the street, where you'd actually get up to speed where you need some reach from the lights.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

In the game, I find the low beam/front lights seem to throw light further forward.
So I generally use those on the roads and only use work lights in the fields. I try to avoid it but I always seem to end up working well into the night, just trying to get on last thing done before sleeping.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

On most tractors in the US when you turn on the flashers all the other lights turn off. Our newer tractors also have high beams like a car.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Have you tried changed to hi-beam? I know it's not a massive xtra light, but it does light up a couple of metres more - L CTRL + F
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
D4RTD0DG3

Post by D4RTD0DG3 »

That's what I'm talking about
take a look at these mods
Truck: https://www.ls17mods.com/fs19-peterbilt ... ore-114629
Combine harvester: https://www.ls17mods.com/fs19-cotton-pa ... ore-101646
ClearCreakCattleCo.

Post by ClearCreakCattleCo. »

IRL we have a 2010 case maxuum 145 and the lights are amazing and that's is coming from a John Deere fan but the lights ingame are terrible I was playing on my lone oak farm last night and I had my 8400r on the Grain cart and it was the last day of harvest was trying to get my all corn out it was around midnight I could barely see in front of me it would be really nice to have lights more like rl are maxuum can light up my whole back yard at night are neighbors are some of the biggest row crop farmers around they each farm over 6000ac and you can see them at night clear at the back of are place with there 9rs and 8rts and 8r or there combines (they both are John Deere fans to)