FPS halved after starting game

kwguk

FPS halved after starting game

Post by kwguk »

Hi,

AS the title suggests ive got a problem which despite by best effforts i cant solve. No matter what graphics settting i use after a short period of time my fps drops from 60 to 30. Ive got an i7-2600 and a R9-200 so im guessing ishouldnt have many problems running the game. I include my log.

Im no techie at all anf its got me completely baffled

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Thanks
Attachments
log.txt
(318.7 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
kwguk

Re: FPS halved after starting game

Post by kwguk »

So im trying to sort this out with my limited knowledge. I basically emptied out my mod folder and trawled t'internet to see if amyone had had similar problems. I even sold all my horses.
So now i can start the game rum it with the bare minimum in mod folder and it will rum at 60+ for maybe 10 mins then all of a sudden the fps drops dwon to 30 then continues down to 20. I have no idea why.

I enclose latest log.
Attachments
log.txt
(32.61 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

How does it run if you have no mods at all?

And then add them back one-by-one...
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

hi im gonna throw this possibility out there.. i compared your system to mine and found 2 differences that may have something to do with your problem. 1 my system uses around 7.5 gb just to load a map, it has 32 gb and i disabled the swap file. yours has 8gb total so after you load some mod textures, tractors or whatever its possible that you exceed the system ram and it starts using the swap/paging file to use virtual memory on the hard drive, which will slow it down.
2 which is probly nothing is the res is 1280x1200 and mine is 1280x 1080. so slightly less taxing .

my opinion if you care, is you might need slightly more system ram.
another thing you could try is reducing the draw distance.

also note that while your system more the meets the game requirements. items such as background programs and open browser windows or documents will reduce available ram. if you open the task manager ctrl alt del and look at the processes tab you may discover you have many of them running and they all use ram.
kwguk

Post by kwguk »

Thanks for the replies lads.

I've tried it with no mods and it seemed to run fine.

I then loaded what I thought were 'safe' mods, mods I've used for ages or are from the official Modhub.
Then it did drop half its fps after a short while. I'm guessing it must be one of the mods in my second log post but they're all longterm or official ones.

What about if I reinstall the game?
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

reinstalling couldnt hurt, also updating you video driver couldnt hurt. im using the beta and it increased framerate a little.
Mika93

Post by Mika93 »

I have a problem with FS19, the game goes up to 40-50fps on medium settings, I don't know what could be the problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: AMD Radeon RX580 8GB DDR5
Memory: 8GB DDR4
SSD 256GB
HDD 1TB