Logitech G920 Stiff Steering on Mac

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
Dreadable

Logitech G920 Stiff Steering on Mac

Post by Dreadable »

Hi I have the issue above. Was reading the forum and it was a problem back in 2018. Is it still not fixed? If us had been fixed. Please help me fix mine.
Running latest OS X 10.15
Updated Logitech drivers
Tried reducing steering spring in Logitech gaming software
FS19 doesn’t have any settings in game unless I’m missing something.

Please help. It’s not enjoyable with such a stiff steering.
michaelr

Re: Logitech G920 Stiff Steering on Mac

Post by michaelr »

I don’t have any Logitech drivers for my G25, but the way I get a softer steering is simply to power down my computer, plug the steering wheel into USB and start up the Mac while it is plugged in. A reboot will work too.

If I just plug in my steering wheel while the computer is running it is almost impossible to turn like yours.

Since you have Logitech drivers for your steering wheel this shouldn’t be an issue, but if you haven’t tried it already it is something you might want to try.
Dreadable

Post by Dreadable »

Hi

Thanks yeah tried that but still seems to be doing nothing. I would not say it's impossible to turn but definitely tight, and def cannot do any adjustment even though the driver has the option for tension nothing seems to work.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Dreadable: welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately Logitech doesn't seem to be really interested in providing proper support for their wheels on macOS. I have a Logitech G29 and have not been able to get it to work properly on macOS with either the older Logitech Gaming Software or Logitech G Hub which is supposed to be the successor to LGS. I've actually had a long conversation with Logitech support some time ago trying to show them that configuring their wheels doesn't work with either LGS or GHub on macOS, but they unfortunately didn't seem to understand what I was trying to tell them :sadnew:

There used to be a tool provided by Feral Interactive called 'FreeTheWheel' which allowed some settings of the Logitech wheels to be changed (like the wheel stiffness and angle of rotation) which actually worked, but Feral Interactive seems to have removed the information about it from their website. But luckily the source code for it is still available on GitHub: https://github.com/jackhumbert/FreeTheWheel
So if you know how to compile code on macOS you could try to build this top yourself and see if it works.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules