Old crappy gear overview - Probably many on PC only

blue_painted

Re: Old crappy gear overview - Probably many on PC only

Post by blue_painted »

humbe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:34 pm
blue_painted wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm This is how I like to play, and I can usually come up with a justification for why so much of the kit is East European.

There's a Russian-built IH 421 combine out there ... called an SK4 but it's very close. I gave mine a bit of a wash an brushup.

(snip image)
Hmm... I found the russian SK4 which this one was built on. Looks good and worn but obviously russian. Didn't see any reskin though. Only found fs17 versions. It also comes with fitting corn header :)

(snip images)
I did the re-skin, and fiddled with the settings for the headers so that it runs at 3mph. I'm not sure on the ethics of re-uploading, obviously not a candidate for the modhub as it's still pretty rough, but happy to take guidance on this.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Another find this morning:
https://www.farmingsimulator19.com/farm ... -v1-0-0-1/

What I really like is it can cut open bales (without needing Global Company) and so taken in conjunction with the broom, you don't need an expensive modern straw blower to put down animal bedding.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
humbe

Post by humbe »

Cool. Will test when I can afford an olf baler.. Have started my game and a thread in community part.. Have found an old bale shredder but a knife sounds great.. Thought the broom was only useful to brush away droppings from food tray but I'll see if it helps 😃
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@Humbe

Have you managed to make this ...
http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/f ... -0-0-fs19/
... work?

I've got fresh cut grass that I want to load and it doesn't seem to lower the pickup, no matter what do.

humbe

Post by humbe »

blue_painted wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 pm @Humbe

Have you managed to make this ...
http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/f ... -0-0-fs19/
... work?

I've got fresh cut grass that I want to load and it doesn't seem to lower the pickup, no matter what do.
Sadly, it only seems to accept hay and straw, so gotta dry the grass before it is useful.. Can you use grass in silage bunker to make silage or does that only work with corn? I was hoping it maybe worked with grass, but the Furashir will sadly not help me pick up grass regardless..
humbe

Post by humbe »

Looks like that conveyor thing in the mod might be able to though, but it doesn't look like it has a massive working width...

Also, the trailer behind it to pick stuff up can't just be any trailer accepting hay/straw.. The one in the mod works. I'm using this one https://fs19.net/farming-simulator-2019 ... 4500-v1-0/ which is the only one I've found working with if that doesn't have a floating axle in front.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Looks like it's a simple definition in the mod though. I guess one can just add the id for wet grass in there if one wants it to be able to gather that too..

I thought it was realistic to collect wet grass with it too, so maybe I should just unpack it and add grass to the definition.

<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypes="dryGrass_windrow straw" capacity="500" showOnHud="false" showInShop="true" > <!-- width 2,40m -->

Wet grass is GRASS_WINDROW i believe..

Edit: Tested it out myself, and adding grass_windrow to mod, I get it to load up wet grass too..
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

humbe wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:23 pm Looks like it's a simple definition in the mod though. I guess one can just add the id for wet grass in there if one wants it to be able to gather that too..

I thought it was realistic to collect wet grass with it too, so maybe I should just unpack it and add grass to the definition.

<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypes="dryGrass_windrow straw" capacity="500" showOnHud="false" showInShop="true" > <!-- width 2,40m -->

Wet grass is GRASS_WINDROW i believe..

Edit: Tested it out myself, and adding grass_windrow to mod, I get it to load up wet grass too..
I thought it might be that! Thanks for confirming.

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Does anyone know of a 70-80s era American pickup truck that looks half decent?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
humbe

Post by humbe »

I used the 1972 Ford F100 for my game http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/1 ... v1-0-fs19/

I was expecting a more american big engine sound but I have no idea how it is supposed to sound.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Great thread. I love old equipment and if the modder has added a really nice worn look with rust and flaky paint then it really adds to the look. Brand new looking 'old' equipment just seems like its missing the point.

Here's two of the best looking vintage tractors I've found. First is a John Deere 4955. This is my all time favourite vintage tractor mod. The engine noise is great too. So much better than anything Giants have ever done. Its a great looking and sounding model. The old flaky paintwork is very well done.

Another old larger tractor mod I love is this RABA Steiger. The rusty paintwork looks great and again the old engine noise is well done

I wish Giants would put stuff like this in the base game.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I was thinking of bringing the John Deere up there into my game.. Is it this one? https://fs19.net/farming-simulator-2019 ... ries-v2-0/
I tried adding an earlier model, but found they didn't have 3 point connections in the back, so then i didn't have much to use it for :)
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

humbe wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 pm I was thinking of bringing the John Deere up there into my game.. Is it this one? https://fs19.net/farming-simulator-2019 ... ries-v2-0/
I tried adding an earlier model, but found they didn't have 3 point connections in the back, so then i didn't have much to use it for :)
Yeah its that one. Give it a go and see how you get on. I use it all the time for older set ups. You can use it with most smaller implements no problem.