New farmers since it went free on PlayStation plus

livesea72

New farmers since it went free on PlayStation plus

Post by livesea72 »

Have you are your friends tried farming simulator 19 and found out it could be fun?I have 2 friends who got the game when it went free and have purchased the seasons pass as it was on sale. One of them thought all you did was drive around tractors is now learning total mixed rations for 100 cows.Please tell your story or of others you know who have started playing it recently.
Last edited by livesea72 on Tue May 26, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
REN56

Re: New farmers since it went free.

Post by REN56 »

Reminder note - the PS4 special for PS+ members to get FS19 *FREE* as well as all FS19 DLC a nice discounted prices - this ends soon (after the first few days into June)... so pass it on to those that might be interested (or twist their arms to get them to at least add it to their PS4 “Library”).

I’ve heard about the FS series for years, but I never gave it a serious look, I thought it would be running around on a tractor, or working with farm animals, or doing things I thought I really wasn’t interested in doing, and mainly my excuse was that I knew very little to nothing about real life farming and thought it would simply be something that I’d find all too complex and much too complicated to do and enjoy at all. When FS19 was one of the free games offered for May, I thought “why not at least grab it even if I never try it”... so I did... and I went ahead and tried it out for something different... and wow, was I very pleasantly shocked/surprised by it all... and, in spite of being relatively clueless about farming, I immediately fell in love with FS19 and haven’t stopped playing it over these past couple of weeks! I bought all of the DLC since it was on sale and to try to throw some $ support to GIANT Software for such a *FUN* game/sim that I was enjoying SO much that I got free! I’d pay double the regular price of the game without hesitation, it’s truly been that enjoyable! :) An extra bonus has been learning all sorts of things I never knew about farming - and now having a much better overall perspective about how much is involved with real world farming and I’ve certainly gained a much greater appreciation for real world farmers!!! That’s my FS19 story. :) My wife’s also been having a blast with playing FS19, too, btw. :)

Happy farming! :)
- Robert -
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Comparing fs19 to real world farming, fs19 just scratches the tip of the iceberg of real world farming. There is so much more that goes into feeding animals and what rations they can eat and every group of animals is different. Also there is a lot more work goes into planning and preparation of fields before a seed can be planted. It is nice it is teaching some stuff, but there is a lot more it can be expanded on.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

My wife has a "real problem" with how much I enjoy "towing things" and "driving back and forth" with a tractor since the free download. :biggrin2:
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:21 pm Comparing fs19 to real world farming, fs19 just scratches the tip of the iceberg of real world farming. There is so much more that goes into feeding animals and what rations they can eat and every group of animals is different. Also there is a lot more work goes into planning and preparation of fields before a seed can be planted. It is nice it is teaching some stuff, but there is a lot more it can be expanded on.
This right here. Coming from an IRL farm, you realize how little the game actually features. But the relaxation it brings to just sit down and farm any type of industry it features makes it so great. It’s the aspect of it being a sandbox game that pulls me in
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes I love the relaxing feeling.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I'm hooked. And no, I have no illusions about actual realism; I play Gran Turismo Sport a lot, and don't think I'm Lewis Hamilton, either. That said, I'm totally addicted, I'll probably spend for the season pass, and definitely buy whatever version comes out for PS5. I'm a true console peasant- I do IT for real and don't want to muck around on a PC in my free time. I love the fact that if I play smart, I can succeed economically in the game- no RNG stuff! Currently playing Ravenport. I've expanded all the starter fields, sold the barns and farmhouse and cut new fields on that land, and bought field 23 and expanded it. Currently logging the top of 23 to add a small field there. I added the Ceres combo seeder/fert/cult unit and the 6.1M header for the TX32, two spreader (one lime, one fert), and a sprayer, and a baler and bale trailer. I sold one Case and the Fiat and bought the smallest Valtra optioned to 110HP with wheel weights and a front loader, and seem to be doing all right. I can't back anything (reverse) up for sh__, though. It's been a learning experience, but I am now making steady harvest income. (I was always afraid to buy this game because I KNEW I'd be *censored* in. I was right...)
Old fat guy with a day job...
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Same here. Picked it up when it was free. Kinda serendipitous as I was going to pick it up to check it out anyway to kill time till Cyberpunk 2077. Enjoyed it enough to purchase the season pass to support the devs and FS21(or whatever it's going to be called) is on my shortlist of games to pick up at new prices.
buhumphrey

Re: New farmers since it went free on PlayStation plus

Post by buhumphrey »

I just downloaded it free from PS+ and will start playing today. I've been watching quite a few how to videos. I have 1 question I can't seem to find an answer for. How long game time is it between plant and harvest?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

buhumphrey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:19 pm I just downloaded it free from PS+ and will start playing today. I've been watching quite a few how to videos. I have 1 question I can't seem to find an answer for. How long game time is it between plant and harvest?
Welcome to the forum! It depends. Vanilla or Seasons? If vanilla there are different growth speeds. If Seasons, the depends on the GEO being used.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

buhumphrey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:19 pm I just downloaded it free from PS+ and will start playing today. I've been watching quite a few how to videos. I have 1 question I can't seem to find an answer for. How long game time is it between plant and harvest?
You can adjust the growth speed on your crops in the in-game setting menu for base game. If you download and use the Seasons mod it is disabled. Slow, Normal, and Fast. There are some other posts on the forums that break down the actual in game time value but I know if you speed up the time(again in the game setting menu) and have it on Fast setting its not too terribly long.

I do encourage you to play the base game for about a day then go to the mod store from the games main menu and find to the "Most Downloaded" tab to see the maps and mods that are most popular. As well as just browse the mods. Lots of cool stuff there.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I came in new in January, seeded a field, fertilized it and found out I needed to to wait for next growth stage to seed again. Expected to have lots of later days to do it but went to sleep and woke up with field ready for harvest. Installed seasons so I got a calendar helping me to understood time in game.

I dont know time it takes in vanilla, but you can alter speed in settings and for instance pause or set slow growth then you have work to do or want to sleep until next day.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

In the vanilla game it doesnt take that long to grow. If I got it right, 'slow growth' only takes about 48 in-game hours.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I use fast time since I like to keep busy and it's around 24 in game hours in vanilla game.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I wish there was a "slow-er" setting. I've been expanding again- added field 14 to my plot. Sometimes it seems like I have weeds in the first field I plant before I finish planting the last. I run time on "Real" and growth on slow. For me, it gives me time to run contracts- got to save up for more land..!
Old fat guy with a day job...