Top Maps (PC Edition)

elkar

Re: Top Maps (PC Edition)

Post by elkar »

If youre playing single player and dont wanna mess with course mod, then Id stay with 1x map.
Then you can go american, european, or more exotic style and then it also depends if you like flat or more natural look.
Lastly you wanna probably get a fitting GEO for seasons for that particular map, so its all little bit more immersive combined.

As for me, I like those maps that are high quality and made exactly from google maps, but they often are not good for SP, I think as you can get like narrow road with big fields so you have to operate with small tools and it takes a lot more time.
Another thing is - many of those high praised maps have farm buildings or custom builds on your farm already down, and problem with that is, that ... maybe I wanna just do crops so I dont wanna have all the animal pens around...
Overall, just weeks ago I went back to Felsbrunn actually, as I havent played on it much in 2018 as I went to modded maps right away, so it doesnt feel so stale to me, and I'm liking the sandboxy style of it.
Blown

Post by Blown »

Western Australia.

Its home.
anakai

Post by anakai »

Birkenfield and der ostsee
Hinterkaifeck
Kvisslingby

These are my fav maps
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Midwest horizon and old farm countryside
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Osina
Kandelin
Geiselberg
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

The problem with all the 'best maps' topics on the forum is they are heavily based on personal preference. And that's only natural. However, it may not help other players much when they're trying to find the right map for themselves to play. And as we all know, it can be a daunting task indeed to find a really good map, and even longer to test it out to see if it actually works as intended.

So I have a suggestion. Why don't we do a new list of top maps right on here, but this time based purely on quality.

We all have our own preferences, but we have the ability for objective assessment too. Let's hear your objective assessment, shall we!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I like your idea.

Individuals players view on what is "quality" can still be massively skewed though.

If your a map modder you look at maps very differently to most players with a lot more scrutiny.
The majority of players often miss or ignore glaring faults with many maps.

I see many maps mentioned that players feel are the "best", yet to me they are awful maps that seem massively unfinished.

You see the same with vehicle and equipment mods, some will happily praise a certain mod that is low poly, badly textured, not to scale, can have issues ingame, yet many players will say its the best mod around.

It would be great if actual quality in mods was valued by all, the sad fact is that most players are massively biased one way or the other and can never be truly objective.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Doesn’t matter to me how a good a map looks....as soon as I see it has those ugly standard green hill borders I bin it! TVTOF is a prime example,nice low slot count,beautiful buildings and scenery.ill admit it has a few weird textures in the buildings but again those horrible borders,even without going to the edge of the map they stand out like a sore thumb
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I agree with BB’s statement about personal preference and have thought the same many times when I see high praise for maps I can’t understand is any quality but that also makes this kind of thread completely useless in theory. But if you recognize users you know have the same preference as you, or someone lists maps you know and like along with some you don’t know, you can still find new favorites -I know I have a few times.

My own preference is realistic maps, but a lot are “too clean” in my view. Some of my favorites are the eastern euro maps, they have a gritty, used and old feel to them when done right, but I wish they could be based on somewhere other than Poland or Russia sometimes with the same attention to the dirty, messy world we live in. I also have swayed towards German maps as of late, as they are usually very technically well made, and of course the old favorites based in UK, like BB’s own and Oxy’s maps. The US based 4x maps haven’t appealed to me so far, way to little detail and life for my preference but like pointed out, to each his own
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Their seems to be 2 main differentiators with mod maps.

1) Sandbox V Realistic

2) Country the map is based in.

For example if you were to choose UK mod maps some would say Alien Jim makes top quality UK maps because they cater to a players sandbox style of play. Others would say Oxygendavid's realistic, real world maps are quality because they give the player a sense of reality about them.

The point I'm making is it really depends on your personal preference what quality is.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Doc, Have really hard to find a US map that "works" for me aswell, I kinda only play one map, Hof Bergmann by Farmer Andy, and now im stuck with that because there is no map that are even close to that (graphic, geo layout, scripts etc).....that sort of su*** and im so tierd of german/central eu based maps :P Lets see how Millenium Farmer map will look like.

Edit, and btw..

..Top maps imo

1. Hof Bergmann by Farmer Andy
2. Hinterkaifeck by BernieSCS and RitchiF
3. Geiselsberg by Agrartechnik Nordeifel
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Impossible to pick, everybody have different opinion. But from my experience, if you pick something from modhub, that has 4.0 or higher user score, you can't go much wrong.
I am not going to list them all, but 75% maps i like are on giants modhub and score more than 4.0.
First i am going to up vote for modhub maps, because, they are reliable, tested, doesn't need powerful PC and they have score, to see which ones are better.
I am going to down vote maps like Medicine Creek, Fenton Forest (4x) - they have huge fps problems, big maps and working bad, you can't get lof equipment on these maps
or you get very low fps. Also lot of maps from other sources are full of bugs, glitches and so on. For example Kvisslingby map got so much bugs.

I give my top 3 maps. I am going to explain also why they are good maps.

1. Hinterkaifeck (by Team MW) - this one is fixed and updated version of original BernieSCS map.
Basically a map you can play any style and it will support all the mods, you can start as the farm you like,
use pre-made farms or make your own, have enough free grassland to build one yourself.
https://www.modding-welt.com/mods/file/ ... y-team-mw/
- Good design and placement, well made borders, bumpy roads, courseplay ready fields.
- 4x pre-made farms, which one you can pick you starting point yourself. Lot of animal placeables, double store barns, lot
of custom made buildings.
- Manure system ready, all the farms can pump/in out liquid manure.
- Updated heightTypes - this means you can have extra crops, maize plus, seasons and straw harvest all working
together on this map.

2. Minibrunn
Beautiful small map, better if you like to start from scratch, since all the pre-placed buildings are removable.
Field sizes can be changed quite easily and you can basically rework the map as you like.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
- Good borders, gives a real feeling about the valley in the alps.
- Updated heightTypes - this means you can have extra crops, maize plus, seasons and straw harvest all working
together on this map.
- has support for REA dynamic dirt

3. Marwell Manor Farm
I feel it is best looking most natural feel UK farm so far.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
- Seasons support
- Good realistic borders
- Courseplay compatible fields

Sidenote: these maps are best for PC, for consoles i could only recommend minibrunn. Since you can't use workers
on Marwell Manor Farm and Hinterkaifeck is not available on consoles.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hmm, you pose a hard question when there are so many maps :lol:

I won't put these in ranking since they are all so close

TVTOF: I really like this map, it fits my gameplay style as the FSN takes most of my game time, leaving me with little time to run a SP save, which is where TVTOF excels. And never were cows easier to handle. I love the main farm layout.

DUrango: In the FSN, this map is growing on me. I am having such a blast doing this as a MP roleplay that it honestly is hard not to add. Although a basic map compared to the likes of Medicine Creek or Eirsholt, it is so open to opportunity.

UMRV: Another 4x map (notice I play on 4x maps commonly), I really dig this map because I have roots in the Midwest, and this map is also a dairy-friendly map. Even though it requires placables to get going, that just makes it more fun to play as I can desing my own yard with flat spaces included on the map selectly for that.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 am Hmm, you pose a hard question when there are so many maps :lol:

TVTOF: I really like this map, it fits my gameplay style as the FSN takes most of my game time, leaving me with little time to run a SP save, which is where TVTOF excels. And never were cows easier to handle. I love the main farm layout.

DUrango: In the FSN, this map is growing on me. I am having such a blast doing this as a MP roleplay that it honestly is hard not to add. Although a basic map compared to the likes of Medicine Creek or Eirsholt, it is so open to opportunity.

UMRV: Another 4x map (notice I play on 4x maps commonly), I really dig this map because I have roots in the Midwest, and this map is also a dairy-friendly map. Even though it requires placables to get going, that just makes it more fun to play as I can desing my own yard with flat spaces included on the map selectly for that.
Let’s steer this ship back on topic of what maps you like on pc (good or bad). I tried out e conversion of UMRV, but didn’t grab me this time around. Don’t think the conversion was done very well. I understand that it wasn’t the same person that made it. Tried Georgetown as that seems like the new American map but ran like a piece. So went back to medicine creek and stone valley
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

sittinhere wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 am
Dairydeere wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 am Hmm, you pose a hard question when there are so many maps :lol:

Let’s steer this ship back on topic of what maps you like on pc (good or bad). I tried out e conversion of UMRV, but didn’t grab me this time around. Don’t think the conversion was done very well. I understand that it wasn’t the same person that made it. Tried Georgetown as that seems like the new American map but ran like a piece. So went back to medicine creek and stone valley
Never really got into Stone Valley, but I love the textures on Medicine Creek and the ability to make other straws and alfalfa
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!