Contracting jobs and Seasons

RedJester

Contracting jobs and Seasons

Post by RedJester »

Playing on Minibrunn with Seasons mod on PS4 and I'm noticing that as soon the computers fields are ready to harvest they get harvested the very next day with no harvesting jobs being posted in the contract tab. Even if the day they come into harvest is not the end of the season(like day 1 of mid Autumn).In fact I'm on my third winter on this map and have only seen 3 harvesting jobs pop up. One for potatoes, one for sugar beets, and one for barley. I have also not seen any jobs whatsoever for Weeding or spraying. Plenty of Cultivating,Sowing, and Fertilizing jobs get posted. Was just wondering if this was a Minibrunn thing or a seasons thing.
humbe

Re: Contracting jobs and Seasons

Post by humbe »

What's your season length?

I've gotten plenty of harvesting jobs on Ravenport, though a few fields may be instantly harvested after they are ready.

It looks like you mostly get new contracts once per day, or when you reload the game. If you play shorter sessions, or just reload to get contracts, you'll probably get more harvesting missions.

Also, the AI can sadly harvest at any time regardless of crop moisture, so while you wait for moisture levels to harvest, they might finish all of theirs. There's a multiple contracts (or multiple missions?) mod that enables you to pick up several at a time, which will hinder the AI from doing it before you're ready.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

humbe wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:39 pm What's your season length?

I've gotten plenty of harvesting jobs on Ravenport, though a few fields may be instantly harvested after they are ready.

It looks like you mostly get new contracts once per day, or when you reload the game. If you play shorter sessions, or just reload to get contracts, you'll probably get more harvesting missions.

Also, the AI can sadly harvest at any time regardless of crop moisture, so while you wait for moisture levels to harvest, they might finish all of theirs. There's a multiple contracts (or multiple missions?) mod that enables you to pick up several at a time, which will hinder the AI from doing it before you're ready.
Playing 6 day seasons and on console so no multiple missions mod unfortunately. I saw 7-9 fields get instantly harvested this season. Since I own 3 of the fields on the map that's about half of the fields left on the map. And none of the other ones came up with jobs to harvest either. The only ones that came up to "harvest" were the bailing jobs on the two grass fields.
Last edited by RedJester on Thu May 28, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
humbe

Post by humbe »

You could try to save the game as soon as the AI fields get ready to harvest and reload, and I would expect you to get some harvesting missions at least.. Transition often happens past midnight I think. But being able to accept only one and then waiting until next day to do it, the remaining fields I guess are fairly likely to be harvested in the meantime.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

humbe wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:47 pm You could try to save the game as soon as the AI fields get ready to harvest and reload, and I would expect you to get some harvesting missions at least.. Transition often happens past midnight I think. But being able to accept only one and then waiting until next day to do it, the remaining fields I guess are fairly likely to be harvested in the meantime.
I'll give it a try when I come around to my next harvest season. But would the seasons mod and the transition also explain the lack of spraying or weeding jobs?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

You won't get herbicide or weeding missions with seasons since the weeds don't blanket the entire field like base game.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm You won't get herbicide or weeding missions with seasons since the weeds don't blanket the entire field like base game.
Good to know but still weird as while they may not blanket the field they are still there and can have an effect on a harvest.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I'm sure it's because they are too sporadic to be detected by the mission system. Would be nice to be able to spray for them after a certain point because I've seen some fields look horrendous by the time harvest comes around. Plus they affect your extra yield for harvest contracts.

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would also be curious if the 6 day seasons would do something as a comparison to 9 seeing how Realismus has stated there may be unintended consequences due to running other than 9 day seasons
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 pm I'm sure it's because they are too sporadic to be detected by the mission system. Would be nice to be able to spray for them after a certain point because I've seen some fields look horrendous by the time harvest comes around. Plus they affect your extra yield for harvest contracts.
Bought a sprayer just for herbicide and wound up using it only on my own fields. For fertilizer and lime I have a tractor mounted spreader that does both and about half the cost of the liquid sprayer. Was hoping to recoup the cost of the sprayer by doing jobs with it when I got it....
Last edited by RedJester on Thu May 28, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Mwal wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:33 pm I would also be curious if the 6 day seasons would do something as a comparison to 9 seeing how Realismus has stated there may be unintended consequences due to running other than 9 day seasons
Thats something to try. I'll kick it up to 9 day season next harvest year and see what happens. Just hit winter on my seasons game right now.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm You won't get herbicide or weeding missions with seasons since the weeds don't blanket the entire field like base game.
With all due respect, please permit me to disagree. I have had both of these types of contracts come up on Welker Farms map. All be it I usually get only 2-3 for spraying and maybe 1 a year for weeding.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

When I played Welker with seasons. I got a contract on every field every year, but never had a weeds one.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm
With all due respect, please permit me to disagree. I have had both of these types of contracts come up on Welker Farms map. All be it I usually get only 2-3 for spraying and maybe 1 a year for weeding.
If thats the case then maybe it has something to do with the field size that allows the weeds to trigger a spraying job. Welker has huge fields compared to Minibrunn and that may allow enough weeds to come in to trigger it.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm
Wow really? I'm sorry I was only speak from my experience. I guess I stand corrected lol. Maybe it has something to do with how the missions are set up for the map?