American dump trailer

Cmtaylor

American dump trailer

Post by Cmtaylor »

Is there any chance of seeing and American dump trailer any the future? Now im not sure if this was asked before and if it has sorry, but i do know wilson trailer company used to make dump trailers back till the 90s now they have hopper bottoms, livestock trailers, flatbeds, and live bottoms aka belt trailers, so could we see one or something?
Mwal

Re: American dump trailer

Post by Mwal »

What do you mean by American dump trailer?
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Most of the trailers in game have steering axles on them and American trailers don't have them and are lower to the ground then EU trailers
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I get all that but if you are more specific I could tell ya if I have saw anything. The lode king and Wilson are American trailers that are in the game already that’s why I was wondering what ya wanted.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Hopper bottoms yes but im more specifically mean the dump trailers right now the closest thing we have in the game is the bsm 70000/6 but im thinking of some that are around 45000 - 55000 dump trailers and its more of a question then anything else
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Like an end dump you mean?
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Mwal wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:09 am Like an end dump you mean?
We have two main styles over here. Full frame is like the 70000/6, a dump body mounted on a full frame.

The other is a half frame. A frame section is mounted to the dump body (sort of like a uniframe) and another section is hinged to the body and connects to the truck. When this type dumps the rear most axle/wheels stay on ground the rest (I've seen up to 3 axles on a half frame) lift off the ground.

Not really a crucial mod, but I understand how every trailer having steering axles can get annoying.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
eric21

Post by eric21 »

We have them here too
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:57 am
We have two main styles over here. Full frame is like the 70000/6, a dump body mounted on a full frame.

The other is a half frame. A frame section is mounted to the dump body (sort of like a uniframe) and another section is hinged to the body and connects to the truck. When this type dumps the rear most axle/wheels stay on ground the rest (I've seen up to 3 axles on a half frame) lift off the ground.

Not really a crucial mod, but I understand how every trailer having steering axles can get annoying.
Yeah they are end dumps for a semi, that’s all I wanted to know. You could write a children’s alphabet story off of the different types of “dump trailers”. End dump semi trailers are stupid anyway, dumb things flip over all the time even when the truck is pretty level, get your self a side dump because that’s what that end dump is gonna turn into eventually anyway. That said Karl, farms was working on an end dump semi trailer that is out on pc that he was branding as lizard so he could attempt to get it on console this was a while ago but Karl is a really nice guy and I’m sure if you asked him he would give you an update. Then 4MR modding is working on a side dump but he hasn’t made stuff for console, but you could check that out and see if it’s labeled not for console, I know he has talked about trying a few times.

Edit: Karl’s trailer had a pup as well I forgot to add that
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

So far everyone that has commented is correct and yes end dump trailers is the style im referring to, guess i should have been more specific
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Mwal wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:13 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:57 am

Yeah they are end dumps for a semi, that’s all I wanted to know. You could write a children’s alphabet story off of the different types of “dump trailers”. End dump semi trailers are stupid anyway, dumb things flip over all the time even when the truck is pretty level, get your self a side dump because that’s what that end dump is gonna turn into eventually anyway. That said Karl, farms was working on an end dump semi trailer that is out on pc that he was branding as lizard so he could attempt to get it on console this was a while ago but Karl is a really nice guy and I’m sure if you asked him he would give you an update. Then 4MR modding is working on a side dump but he hasn’t made stuff for console, but you could check that out and see if it’s labeled not for console, I know he has talked about trying a few times.

Edit: Karl’s trailer had a pup as well I forgot to add that
Never seen a side dumping trailer.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Best thing ever would be sweet in game for silage
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkV_C1cLnk

Edit Alagos: Removed quote of the post right above.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

There are trailers out there, not sure which site I got them from though. Yesmods? American Eagle? but they are out there, just need to search for them
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Mwal wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:10 am Best thing ever would be sweet in game for silage
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkV_C1cLnk

Edit Alagos: Removed quote of the post right above.
Thanks quotation police
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

For me end dump trailers are 2 categories; frame and frameless. The frame trailers have a full length frame under them with pins at the rear of the frame for the dump bed to pivot on. Frameless have no full length frame. They have a pivot point just forward of the center of the length of the bed and then dumps from that point. As far as Mwal said an end dump trailer that is 40 to 45 feet long will be less stable than a 28 foot end dump. The problem is that both 28 foot and 40/45 foot trailers are used here in the United States. Years ago(1940's, 50's, 60's) the federal government set length limits on trailers at 40 feet, The federal government had an overall length of 55 feet including the tractor and trailer on roads east of the Mississippi River. West of the Mississippi River the total weight you could carry was determined by how long the tractor and trailer measured from front bumper to rear of trailer. Most west coast trucks and trailers measured at least 60 feet long. West of the Mississippi you could carry a maximum load on a semi of 80,000 pounds, east of the Mississippi you were limited to 72,000 pounds. States like Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah,Nevada, Oregon, & Washington had laws that allowed a 28 foot pull trailer behind the semi trailer and that combination allowed weights up to 120,000 pounds.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.