Current State of Console Play

Ritchie

Re: Current State of Console Play

Post by Ritchie »

It's probably more of a request rather than a disclaimer. Seeing as we're picking apart your original post :mrgreen:
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

I too am waiting on Stone Valley and the JD 40...

On my modded Welker's I am currently in harvest (cleared 1.1M L of wheat and 750k L of canola). I'm about to dive into Field 3 (Barley) I have a legit 700 acres on the map (out of 988) so it's work.. Lol

Crash
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:27 pm2)...I want to be able to edit my vehicle quick-cycle order...
You can change the order using the vehicle reset function. At least anytime I modify or reset a vehicle it goes to the back of the order.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
garyst

Post by garyst »

I haven't really played in over a month. The only time I put in the game was to add the JD 9610 combine to my farm and to try a couple other mods out that I thought I might like. Don't really plan on playing again until stone valley releases because I don't think I want to start another season on lone oak again. Still waiting on alot of american equipment mods I keep hearing about that is supposed to come to console but still hasn't released yet though. But once stone valley releases I will start playing again whether or not those mods get released. I will just keep using the same equipment I have been using.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

I think it's great anyway, I'm happy out farming away on Greenwich valley an delighted with the mods on console lately..
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

For me the game has become boring and tidius to play. I've managed to put in maybe 12 hours in the past 2 months, and honestly if it wasn't for the amount of money I spent on game/season pass I probably would have stopped playing 6 months ago.

My biggest issue now is maps. Converted 17maps are sort of "been there done that" or have too many issues (goldcrest). Very few actually give you space to build a farm, many of the ones that do are logging maps (which I don't even think should be in a farm game), and with more mod maps grouping together fields into single piece of land means you can't buy individual fields, which was the purpose of that in the first place. I was extatic upon the announcement of buying/selling fields for 19 and is probably my favorite new feature of the game.

As of now I'm not even looking forward to the next version, but that could always change.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 pm For me the game has become boring and tidius to play. I've managed to put in maybe 12 hours in the past 2 months, and honestly if it wasn't for the amount of money I spent on game/season pass I probably would have stopped playing 6 months ago.

My biggest issue now is maps. Converted 17maps are sort of "been there done that" or have too many issues (goldcrest). Very few actually give you space to build a farm, many of the ones that do are logging maps (which I don't even think should be in a farm game), and with more mod maps grouping together fields into single piece of land means you can't buy individual fields, which was the purpose of that in the first place. I was extatic upon the announcement of buying/selling fields for 19 and is probably my favorite new feature of the game.

As of now I'm not even looking forward to the next version, but that could always change.
Im not looking forward to it either.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

To be honest, I was starting to lose interest in the game until I tried it with seasons. Maybe what you need is a new way to play.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I put just over 450 hours into a single map in FS17 that I was playing right up to FS19 being released. I felt like I was actually trying to run a farm, growing some every year, creating new fields, expanding the animal herds etc. In FS 19 something is different, I don't get that same sense playing, a few things I think contributes to it are:

A. in FS17 there were the 4real module mods, ground response, crop destruction, and tire dirt. I found in FS17 that I quit using the ground response, I think all the rocking back and forth of the machinery when in birds eye view of the equipment just made me feel sick( motion sick maybe?). It seems in FS 19 it's there and is on and not able to be turned off. so all the motion back and forth limits my game play.

B. FS19, the dust kicked up by the machinery is great, and I'm sure would look awesome if you could be in a view watching it happen, but when operating machinery from the birds eye view again, it's just in the way. I realize it's more realistic but this is a game and most of the equipment gets operated from the elevated position.

C. similar to above but about the sound, I'm zooming out to see the entire operating width of my equipment not to get further away from the sound, seems I play with the TV remote volume button as much as the ps4 buttons

D. Contracts, in FS17 seasons got the money cut to very little payments, in FS19 it's just to easy to make money from contracts, I wish seasons had cut the contract payments like they did in 17

E. Maybe I just haven't found "MY MAP" yet for fs19
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 am To be honest, I was starting to lose interest in the game until I tried it with seasons. Maybe what you need is a new way to play.
You don't think I tried that?
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
REN56

Post by REN56 »

It’s been several weeks for me now with FS19... I still consider myself in the “noob class” (lol). I’m still learning more & more as I go (as well as what I read here on the forum)... I’m enjoying FS19 immensely (never expected it, that’s for sure!) - it’s truly been an extremely pleasant surprise and it’s truly very addictive!
- My wife’s interest in FS19 has somewhat faded after the first 2 weeks, but she does still enjoy it overall.
- I love that we console folks have FS19 - and all of what is available with it for us on console systems - even if we are missing out to varying degrees on what FS19 offers for the PC folks.
- If I had *one* main wish that doesn’t exist - that I’d *really* love to see FS19 include/offer for console users - it would be a much better overall “editor” (nice that we have what we do have, better than nothing at all for certain) - but it would be nice to have an editor that would allow us on consoles to do so much more than we’re limited to do - even if nothing more than for map making. There’s a nice golf game/sim series that’s been around for years on the PS4 (not sure if it’s also available for X-Box or PC) - “The Golf Club” series - this came with really nice complete full-featured custom golf course creator editor from the very beginning - so it’s certainly very *possible* for this to exist. I sure do wish we had something like that for FS19 on the console version - an editor with far more options, tools, textures, objects, and “placeables” etc. (again, especially nice if one wanted to spend time creating his/her own custom map(s) for FS19). So, it’s not like the consoles aren’t capable/powerful enough to have such a working editor. Anyway, that would be my one main wish. Meanwhile, I’m enjoying and appreciating what we do have, as well as looking forward to more “goodies” (maps & mods) to continue to come along over time - and very thankful I was open-minded enough to finally give FS19 a try (sure wish I’d tried it years ago).
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:55 am
Bryan83 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 am To be honest, I was starting to lose interest in the game until I tried it with seasons. Maybe what you need is a new way to play.
My apologies. I know some people do the survival role thing, wasn't sure what you had tried so I was only meaning to be helpful.

sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Still love playing it, but I am starting to get map burn out. Jumping from map to map trying to find something I like. TvTOF has my interest but losing at the same time. I am waiting for stone valley, Gatehead, meadow grove extension, and grasslands. Just be nice to find a map that has a mixture of small tight roads/fields and larger areas that open up. I do have fs19 on pc, but hardly play it there.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I took about a 5 month break from fs because it was getting boring and stale. Just got back into playing 2 weeks ago. Started a game on Geiselsberg(?). I'm enjoying it so far having a few extra crops to rotate through. Had started a game on Eleerbach before that and found some small things that were frustrating me so I moved on.

New mods come out everyday which is great but I'm constantly having to delete things to install others. I haven't heard anything but I'm hoping the next gen consoles allow more storage for each game because it's not enough.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:55 am
My apologies. I know some people do the survival role thing, wasn't sure what you had tried so I was only meaning to be helpful.

Nope not me. Seasons 17 was great but 19 they tried to hard to make it more realistic and it killed the game for me. If I wanted super realism I would go work on a farm. Plus it totally ruined horses, if I have to spend that much time and my own money on an animal it better be mine.

As for "survival role play" (and role play in general), I unsubscribed from Daggerwin when he started his second series and every other video was a survival role play.
Not saying every map should start you with a QuadTrac and Seed Hawk but you should get better than a T6 and Raupa.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5