Vehicle Transport

RedJester

Vehicle Transport

Post by RedJester »

So I'm playing on the map The Old Farm Countryside and trying to find a way to transport my tractor set up for fertilizer and spraying around the map a bit faster than simply driving the tractor. I am using the Lizard Truck and 5th wheel mod. I've tried a couple different trailers and was wondering if there is a trailer that actually HOLDS the vehicle down on the trailer. When my tractor is on the 5th wheel trailer it shifts with every bump and barely fits. Other longer trailers the tractor slides forward and the off when I hit the brakes. Tension belts on the trailer dont seem to strap the tractor down at all. Is there a mod I over looked or any suggestion?
MrSquealypig

Re: Vehicle Transport

Post by MrSquealypig »

Download this mod:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Buy the little yellow things that are in the misc category in the store and try to out them on your tractor while it is on the trailer and fasten the tension belts.

That is the only way I know of.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:43 pm Download this mod:

Buy the little yellow things that are in the misc category in the store and try to out them on your tractor while it is on the trailer and fasten the tension belts.

I have that mod. Didn't think to try that though. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks.
JTerk438

Post by JTerk438 »

RedJester wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 pm I have that mod. Didn't think to try that though. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks.
If that doesn't work, you can always get the tension sbelt pack and put tension belt supported weights on the front and rear of the tractor.
dbump

Post by dbump »

I tried using the yellow blocks from the Trex6 trailer mod on the flatbed car of the train (Woodshire), and that did not work but maybe they'd work better on a trailer.
Buying weights that support the TensionBelt mod is very clever! I suppose you can just leave the front one on the trailer.
I have had luck using Peppe978's lowloader:
It expands to be wide enough for harvesters. As long as you don't drive it like you stole it, things tend to stay in place. But it's significantly larger than the trailer you're using, and not compatible with the pickup 5th wheel that I found.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

RedJester wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 pm

I have that mod. Didn't think to try that though. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks.
The tension belt pack way is the only way that works on everything that has strps the the yellow things are a fantastic idea but too fiddley and only works on the trailer it came with
Xbox one
dbump

Post by dbump »

One quick note, after testing the excellent tractor weight strap suggestion: I didn't have to have straps that lined exactly up with the weight. I discovered this after raising the weight without removing the strap that I assumed had missed it, and my tractor's front climbed into the air because the rear weight was definitely strapped down. Very nice tip!
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

This worked like a charm. I used two of the strap plates. One on the additional tank in the front of the tractor and one on the Sprayer I have on the back of the tractor. It's not superglued to the trailer but it does not slide around near as much and has even stayed put when the trailer flipped over. Aside from the extra steps in putting the plates on the equipment(which takes less time than putting the tractor back on the trailer after every turn) this is the best outcome I could have hoped for.
JTerk438 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:25 am
If that doesn't work, you can always get the tension sbelt pack and put tension belt supported weights on the front and rear of the tractor.
My setup is the Deutz-Fahr Agrotron 128/150.6 with the Hardi Mega 2200 on the back with Kuhn Additional tank on the front. I was looking for a way to transport everything as-is. With adding the weights thats a lot of stuff to drop reattach and extra transport for each job. It's a good idea and I'll keep it in mind for other applications later on. Thank you for the advice and tip.

Jonny3355 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:18 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:43 pm
... the yellow things are a fantastic idea but too fiddley and only works on the trailer it came with
They can be a PITA to place at times but for the most part they seemed to work on every trailer and truck bed that already had straps for me. Right now I am using the truck from the 5th Wheel Hitch pack and also tried them on the TTHD Flatbed truck. Both have built in straps on the bed and both worked just fine with the strap plates when holding down an extra pallet of liquid fertilizer. The trailer I'm using is the RA 8000 3A with no side bars. That one as well as 3 other trailers, the plates worked on. Maybe it has to do with all the tests I used them on were on mod trailers/trucks. But, for me at least, they've worked on everything I've tried them on so far.