A mod suggestion

Dagrump

A mod suggestion

Post by Dagrump »

Any modders working on this dump rake application?

:biggrin2:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
MrSquealypig

Re: A mod suggestion

Post by MrSquealypig »

I can't imagine the amount of lower back pain you would have from riding that thing all day
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

The old farm equipment from the late 1800's and 1900's is just amazing to see operate sometimes. Out where I live there's a yearly get together where a bunch of old farmers and collectors display and show off steam powered farm equipment and old tractors and implements. It is loud and awesome. The kids love it. On the flip side, seeing a lot of the modern horse drawn equipment that is made primarily for the Amish and Mennonite communities to use is pretty cool too. Horse drawn sprayers and plastic mulch layers and whatnot.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We do a farm heritage at our every year. It is a pain to set up all the different demonstrations and running the stuff. There is a reason a lot of farmers back then died or lost limbs using that stuff.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:35 pm We do a farm heritage at our every year. It is a pain to set up all the different demonstrations and running the stuff. There is a reason a lot of farmers back then died or lost limbs using that stuff.
Yeah. Some of those machines look like they could be on the cover of a heavy metal album. Be neat to see in game. Get a themed 1900's farm going.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

MrSquealypig wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:11 pm I can't imagine the amount of lower back pain you would have from riding that thing all day
I have actually worked with a dump rake. In 1950, I am exposing my age, my family had to split up due to my mother's hospitalization and my dad as a mariner was away 30 or more days at a time. I hit the jackpot and got to move out to the country and live with an uncle. He had just bought an 80 acre farm a few years before that was still being farmed by horses. When I moved there he had just bought a 1941 Oliver 70 with a plow,disc and a drag but the haying machinery was horse drawn stuff converted for tractor use. At haying time my cousin and I were given the job of raking the freshly cut grass with the 70 and the old dump rake. Being a 11 year old weakling I was having trouble tripping the dump mechanism so after an hour I got to drive and my bigger stronger cousin got to sit on the rake.

Those old machines did have a lot of built in danger and many farmers paid the price.

I could not help myself when I saw that picture and just had to post it. :mrgreen:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
humbe

Post by humbe »

its cool to have really simple equipment available so one can start as small as possible when playing from broke to rich so this looks cool. Though why not start of with a hand rake first?

I tried to start with simple windrower in the game but I ended up not using it because it had so small working width that it didnt matter for the forager(?) I used to pick up the hay with..