John Deere 40 series

RogsR35UK

Re: John Deere 40 series

Post by RogsR35UK »

Great mod. Superbly modelled and it doesn’t take up a horrendous number of blocks. Great sound and nice animation of the gear changes.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I understand the console players love this one, and that it's nice to have one on the official modhub for PC users also, but I'm currently using the http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/j ... v1-0-fs19/ JD 4x50 mod, and that one seems decent to me too. Not that I know anything about such a tractor in real life. (Come to think of it I might have done a small edit to rename some bits from 3x50 to 4x50. I guess it's a copy of a 30 series mod that has been altered.)

This new mod has better price for it, not overpriced as in the 4x50 mod, and looks cleaner (and I'm guessing more authentic?) inside. The 4x50 mod had front loader attachment and front PTO for the 4850 I'm using though. Is that unrealistic?
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

humbe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:33 am I understand the console players love this one, and that it's nice to have one on the official modhub for PC users also, but I'm currently using the http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/j ... v1-0-fs19/ JD 4x50 mod, and that one seems decent to me too. Not that I know anything about such a tractor in real life. (Come to think of it I might have done a small edit to rename some bits from 3x50 to 4x50. I guess it's a copy of a 30 series mod that has been altered.)

This new mod has better price for it, not overpriced as in the 4x50 mod, and looks cleaner (and I'm guessing more authentic?) inside. The 4x50 mod had front loader attachment and front PTO for the 4850 I'm using though. Is that unrealistic?
Looking at the photo's that tractor has the wrong gearbox. The 4x50 series use the 15 speed powershift
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

First, I would like to thanks BlackSheep Modding of this modl! It's a really nice one and you can be proud of the work you did. It's already the main tractors on one of my farms.

I have a little side note problem with both 2WD and 4WD smaller ones of the series, those that a frontloader can be attached to. While you lift or lower the frontloader, the rear window open and close. And it does it whatever is the active implement. I don't know if something can be done to make the work separately or if is have to be corrected directly on the mod. I play on XBOX one and I'm not aware if PC and PlayStation have same issue. I didn't test any of the 2WD and 4WD with a rear attachment like a log trailer with an arm if it would do same while working with the arm. If any of you have time to test it and validate, it would be great. I'll do it later today, but it would be great if some of you do the test with frontloader and rear attachment if we all have the problem.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

It’s ok, it’s just showing how clever it is with the multi tasking, on a more serious note , thank you BSM for bringing this to console as it’s something a lot of us have been asking about since day 1
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

The absolutely nailed the sound on the 40 series wow! Perfect
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I’m not trying to start trouble, just asking a serious question about the sound. I see people saying that the sound is spot on or perfect...what type of speaker system are you using or listening to. I have a gaming chair with sound built into it, and my sound is really high pitched. Is it better with headphones or something like that?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Florish

Post by Florish »

I like the sound! I play with 2 speakers and a subwoofer. But i agree tjat it could be more in the low frequencies to makr it feel more working if you get what i mean. But its not high pitched or something on my ps4
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It might be your hearing aid causes the high pitched...sorry chedly that was really mean. You are usually a jokester and have a good sense of humor so had to tease you. Sorry ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

The one I drove irl had a high sound like that, its the turbo whistling its tits off
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:55 pm The one I drove irl had a high sound like that, its the turbo whistling its tits off
HAHAHA YES! That's what I assumed as well, the turbo.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I dunno whats authentic or not but most tractors Ive driven in game seems to sound higher pitch than I exptected. But I guess tractor engines arent necessarily big just using low gears. The sound of that 4x50 mod I mentioned above was deeper but dunno where that sound was from.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:33 pm I’m not trying to start trouble, just asking a serious question about the sound. I see people saying that the sound is spot on or perfect...what type of speaker system are you using or listening to. I have a gaming chair with sound built into it, and my sound is really high pitched. Is it better with headphones or something like that?
Running a 5.1 surround sound system and got issues with that sound too. Sounds like its recorded by an old phone in an empty shed to me :hi:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
barten33

Post by barten33 »

Alagos and Chedly,

For what it's worth, having spent many hours in 40 series tractors, the sound of the mods is pretty spot on to me. Maybe not perfect, but really close. As soon as I fired up the 4240, I was brought back to my youth... but also last year, because I still often drive a 4440 on my brother-in-laws farm hauling boxes from the forage harvester. Annoying to some? Perhaps, but the real tractors I've driven also have a very "tinny" sound. Almost like turning treble all the way up on my boombox in the 90's.

Chedly, I'm just using the speakers from my TV. Nothing special.

Also, any minor inconsistencies on the interior I found to be forgivable - this is a game and I can live without a foot throttle.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Alagos wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:33 pm I’m not trying to start trouble, just asking a serious question about the sound. I see people saying that the sound is spot on or perfect...what type of speaker system are you using or listening to. I have a gaming chair with sound built into it, and my sound is really high pitched. Is it better with headphones or something like that?
Running a 5.1 surround sound system and got issues with that sound too. Sounds like its recorded by an old phone in an empty shed to me :hi:
I’ll give headphones a go today. I need to chop grass silage soon, and the 4440 will be used.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----