Chicken and Horse Manure?

bza95

Chicken and Horse Manure?

Post by bza95 »

Hi all,

I've searched extensively for a mod that adds chicken and horse manure to FS19 but can't find a thing, does anyone know of such a mod?

Would it be possible to make by cloning the parameters for pig/cow manure and applying it to Chicken and Horse pens?

Seems odd they're not in the game already considering chicken manure in particular is one of the best fertilisers out there and big commercial chicken farms make tons of the stuff. Horses would obviously be lower yield but it might be a nice way of allowing horse farmers to fertilise the crops they need to feed and bed their stables

Edit Alagos: moved to General discussion because Modders Helping Modders is not a 'looking for mods' section.
Illinois Farmer

Re: Chicken and Horse Manure?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The only map that I know that has chicken manure is r.d.c.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
bza95

Post by bza95 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am The only map that I know that has chicken manure is r.d.c.
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look. Was really hoping for a custom placeable pen or a game mechanic overhaul. I tend to play maps like Grizzly and Willamina Forest which let you carve a farm out of the landscape rather than ones with a more established design.

Perhaps I'll contact RDCs author about how they made the feature.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

R.D.C author used to post here in the forums. Sorry that's the only thing I knew about.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
bza95

Post by bza95 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:40 am R.D.C author used to post here in the forums. Sorry that's the only thing I knew about.
It's cool, thanks for your help. I've contacted a couple of mod authors so here is hoping I can get somewhere. I'm quite happy to make the mod myself but I have no experience and no idea where to begin.

Further to my previous idea I also think I'd like to change feed options to be more realistic, allow oats and corn for pigs, and corn and water for chickens.

Any modders here able give me any tips on how to achieve this? Can it all be done via .XML file editing on animal pen mods or is there more to it than that?
bza95

Post by bza95 »

OK, I've discovered the HoT Animals mod adds chicken slurry and horse manure and expands some of the feed types (though chickens don't get corn and pigs don't get oats) but it's good enough for me so I'm going with it. Also the Animal Pen Expanded adds water for chickens. Just an FYI for anyone else looking for the same features
mostlyAtNight

Post by mostlyAtNight »

Hi all,

I have also been looking a way to obtain chicken manure or slurry. I installed the HoT animals mod (version 1.4.x) as well as the animal pen extension to get them to drink water but for some reason the 'slurry' status for my chickens always reads 0l and never increases. Is this the same for others using this mod? Perhaps I am missing a dependency.

Also it's not clear to me to to get the slurry (if there is any) out of the coop.

Any help / comments appreciated - spent all day yesterday fighting this and looking through the plugin source to no avail!

Pete