Newbie Alert ⚠ Please Help

DrJon

Newbie Alert ⚠ Please Help

Post by DrJon »

Hi all!
I have played fs 15 & 17 on xbox One and have never really played it 'properly' before. Instead, messing about with tractors and machinery. I am about to take the leap from xbox to pc for fs19 and am looking for some tips, ideas and help. I have been watching some YouTube videos from Daggetwin, in particular his Oakfield Farm which looks like a fantastic map. I have seen there are several different mods he uses so for me I'd love to learn about how the mods work, are found, downloaded and added to the game. I thought the follow me mod and Land Rover Defender were awesome! Definitely want me a landy! I also wondered on which pc platform its best to use, straight pc game or via steam?
YWFMS2351

Re: Newbie Alert ⚠ Please Help

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Giant's approved mods will be on the modhub accessible via the main menu screen of the game. As far as other mod websites, be careful because some are sketchy. Yesmods.com is a good one and they have a tutorial on adding mods to your game. Fs19mods.com is also alright. If you're looking to do forestry I highly recommend fdrlogging.com. There's also tutorials on that site in how to add mods to your game.
PC
DrJon

Post by DrJon »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 am Giant's approved mods will be on the modhub accessible via the main menu screen of the game. As far as other mod websites, be careful because some are sketchy. Yesmods.com is a good one and they have a tutorial on adding mods to your game. Fs19mods.com is also alright. If you're looking to do forestry I highly recommend fdrlogging.com. There's also tutorials on that site in how to add mods to your game.
Thankyou, that's really helpful. :coolnew:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hi and welcome to the forums!
I use Steam, just because updates are easier to deal with, but that's my preference. Also just make sure when on the in game Modhub you select "All Mods" because the defaut is set to show only Top Mods at first. I use Yesmods for a lot of my downloads and finding direct links on some modders Facebook pages. Nexus Mods is also a pretty legit site.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Pict

Post by Pict »

DrJon wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:47 pmI also wondered on which pc platform its best to use, straight pc game or via steam?
I never ever use Steam, no need for any 3rd party software eating resources and telling you what you can or cannot do with you own PC, which is supposed to stand for private computer. It becomes anything but private when you let the 3rd parties like steam in your virtual door.

That's me, others seem to like it. I would suggest that you do a bit of deeper research on the matter before taking the plunge.

:hi:
DrJon

Post by DrJon »

Pict wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:02 pm
DrJon wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:47 pmI also wondered on which pc platform its best to use, straight pc game or via steam?
I never ever use Steam, no need for any 3rd party software eating resources and telling you what you can or cannot do with you own PC, which is supposed to stand for private computer. It becomes anything but private when you let the 3rd parties like steam in your virtual door.

That's me, others seem to like it. I would suggest that you do a bit of deeper research on the matter before taking the plunge.

Thanks, I do have steam but was unsure about resources. I also wondered how you add downloaded mods into the game on steam.
DrJon

Post by DrJon »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:40 pm Hi and welcome to the forums!
I use Steam, just because updates are easier to deal with, but that's my preference. Also just make sure when on the in game Modhub you select "All Mods" because the defaut is set to show only Top Mods at first. I use Yesmods for a lot of my downloads and finding direct links on some modders Facebook pages. Nexus Mods is also a pretty legit site.
Thankyou, I did wonder about how to add mods to the game when using steam. Is it very easy? Could you tell me?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

DrJon wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:06 pm Thankyou, I did wonder about how to add mods to the game when using steam. Is it very easy? Could you tell me?
It's the same as any other version of the game. The mods (and savegames, setting files and so on) are in stored in Documents > My Games > FarmingSimulator2019.

If you use ModHub then it downloads the to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods, unless you've moved your Documents folder or change the location of mods using the <modsDirectoryOverride> setting in gameSettings.xml.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

DrJon wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:06 pm Thankyou, I did wonder about how to add mods to the game when using steam. Is it very easy? Could you tell me?
I only meant game updates are easier. For me at least.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
DrJon

Post by DrJon »

Thank you all for your help. I am looking forward to playing properly once my pc is sorted.
If there is anything more anyone can help with or advice on any aspect please feel free to message me.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 am Giant's approved mods will be on the modhub accessible via the main menu screen of the game. As far as other mod websites, be careful because some are sketchy. Yesmods.com is a good one and they have a tutorial on adding mods to your game. Fs19mods.com is also alright. If you're looking to do forestry I highly recommend fdrlogging.com. There's also tutorials on that site in how to add mods to your game.
YesMods is fine but that other one, is not. FS19mods and others like it often have unauthorized mod uploads and don’t do anything when contacted about it. If you want a good list of mod sites to use, FSClub on Facebook has created a list of sites that actually respect the authors of mods.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Pict wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:02 pm

PC is/was "Personal Computer" to distinguish from "Business Computer" -- the was a possibly apocryphal memo from IBM "Make sure this PC is useless, we don't want it to impact sales of our 'big iron' mainframes"

I like Steam because it saves me from all that DVD hassle -- fragile media, finding a PC with a drive ... all those things ... and it keeps my settings in sync for when I change PC again.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

As a side note from my own experience, when starting using mods make sure you read the mods description properly in case of script mods (those change, add or remove functionality of the gameplay, vehicles and so on) and vehicle or implement mods that also bring script with it. Otherwise you risk to get confused or even helpless ingame when something suddenly doesn‘t work anymore the way you know it.

For example I completely recommend the mod „Manual Attach“ from the great dutch Wopster, which forces you to get out of the tractor if you want to de- or attach an implement to the tractor. You even need to attach cables and the pto seperately in most cases. But after hours of playing with this lovely mod I finally needed to harvest and got curious why no harvester/combine would work anymore. It took very long until I noticed that I have to connect cables and pto from the combine to the cutter as well – it was in fact confusing because even with the mod you attach a cutter from inside the combine‘s cabin. Plus I had lots of more mods with scripts so I was helpless at first and had to sort out mod for mod before Manual Attach came into my mind.^^

So, I think this is good to know for you. Happy farming.
LS17 (Switch) | LS17 (Steam) | LS19 (PS4) | LS19 (Steam) | LS20 (Switch) | LS22 Premium Edition (Steam) | Pumps n’ Hoses + Farm Production Pack + Case IH Farmall Anniversary Pack
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The combine connects to the header irl from the cab. There are actually hydraulic hoses and a pto that needs connecting in order to run there header, but I think the mod just has you connect the pto.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:46 pm The combine connects to the header irl from the cab. There are actually hydraulic hoses and a pto that needs connecting in order to run there header, but I think the mod just has you connect the pto.
Interesting and explains why it's like it is with the mod. Thank you. Well, not everybody can be as stupid as I am but it was very confusing in the beginning and I didn't get to the idea first maybe it's manual attaching here as well. So maybe still a good advice for new players. I don't know how many hours of my life I wasted by testing out which mod made my combines not work. So I'm the best bad example obviously. :lol:

Edit, I forgot something:

Yes, but it depends on which combine/harvester you use. As far as I figured New Holland TX32 has only hydraulic hoses (thank you again, that's what I meant by "cables" :lol:) on small and 6.1ft header/cutter. On Claas Lexion for example there's only a pto to connect, if I remember correctly.

Btw: Is combine the same as havester? And is header the same as cutter?
Last edited by BillyMais on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LS17 (Switch) | LS17 (Steam) | LS19 (PS4) | LS19 (Steam) | LS20 (Switch) | LS22 Premium Edition (Steam) | Pumps n’ Hoses + Farm Production Pack + Case IH Farmall Anniversary Pack
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server