FS 17 saved games are corrupted, can't continue a saved game

Ghiby

FS 17 saved games are corrupted, can't continue a saved game

Post by Ghiby »

to the tech support dev's team:

hello,

please help

I was able to play FS 17, via/from Steam, on a PC laptop, for over 100 hrs with no problems at all, quite nice and smooth, no crashes, no freezing, nothing to spoil my game experience - unlike FS 15 that was crashing on me - as you can check in my history I've reported that FS 15 issues before

recently, very recent, no more than one week, before 4th of July holiday, an update or a patch was pushed automatically via Steam

on top of the fact I strongly dislike automated updates/patches or whatever, this last update/patch (or whatever it was) spoiled my entire game... well, it may not be the last update/s but my symptoms appeared just after the installation of the last update

here are my symptoms, and what I did already to troubleshoot on my own

a. when loading an existing saved game, I am losing the following:

- all the inventory I had in storage/silos, all the trucks/tractors/vehicles, all the harvesters, all the tools, all the trailers/tippers, all the animals and whatever was already in their respective inventory, water, silage, TMR for cows, pig food for pigs, grass for shep

- all the placeables buildings/items I've placed over time, including the ones that come with the default set up on the Goldcrest map, from you guys, like the storage building with the fertilizer and seeds from across the home

- the only thing that is the same as in my previous game, is the amount of cash money I had at the time of saving the game, and the status of the field/s, and whatever is on a field, if anything, for example, if I still have some straw on the field after harvest when I'm saving the game, that straw will still be there once I load the saved game, but nothing else

- also, if I have some chaff in the fermentation process to make silage in silos, that is still there in the loaded game...

but nothing else, no placed buildings, no tractors, no trailers/tippers, no tools, no harvesters, no frontloaders, no inventory in my storage, nothing at all, except my funds in my account the money is still there

b. I play and tried the basic vanilla game with no mods and/or DLCs the same thing happens

c. I play and tried the game with mods and DLCs, the same thing happens

d. I've tried different maps, and the default ones, Goldcrest and Sosnovka, and custom mod maps, the same thing happens

e. I've tried to start a new game, new map, with mods and without mods, saved the game, quit, then load the saved game, the same thing happens

so, I assume something, somehow, is spoiling, overriding my saved games leading to those saved games to be corrupted

- not by me, I am not editing the savegames, not touching it at all - I am not a mod creator, I don't touch the .ini or config, or save files (or any other files for that matter), I am just a player, enjoying FS 17

please, someone, tell me what to do??

is it on my end?? if so, how do I fix it??

please look into this

help, give me some clues, what can I do to fix this annoying issue

thank you
Last edited by Ghiby on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghiby

Re: FS 17 saved games are corrupted, can't continue a saved game

Post by Ghiby »

can someone give me some suggestions, please??

is anyone from tech support monitoring this forum??

if yes, please help me fix this problem, with the symptoms described in my previous post...

thank you
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

updates from my end

tech support reached out to me via email and gave me some instructions on how to restore my saved games, from the backup games

I'll try this and hopefully, my problem will be fixed...

if not, I'll come back here with last results from my side...

thank you for monitoring this support case
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

follow up

I've tried to restore the saved games from the backup, as per instructions received from tech support- a relatively simple process, so I'm confident I did it correctly

this didn't fix the problem at all

the loaded game is the same, with no trucks/tractors, no trailers/tippers, no frontloaders, no tools, no animals, no inventory for the animals and also no inventory for my own storage silos, no placeables that I've placed, not even the ones on the default goldcrest map,  it's all lost - except the cash money account, and the land/field status

my problem is still a problem, it's not fixed... 

I've started a test new game, basic, vanilla first with no mods/DLC - played 10 min, added some trucks, some placeables buildings, saved - quit the game, relaunch, and load the saved game, the same thing

I've started a quick test game with mods/DLC, played 10 minutes again, added some quick trucks and placeables, saved, quit, relaunch, reload - the same exact this happens, all my inventory is gone, except cash money in the account and field/s status

what is happening or why is this happening?

I can't play the game as intended and this is frustrating, considering I've paid for a legal copy of the game, via Steam, I'm not using a pirated, or cracked version, so I have a legit copy of the game that should work - it was working all fine, until before 4th of July

I had in my inventory over 100 k of silage, that I've "worked" hard in-game to accumulate in one game, one map - now, I can't play that map, all my inventory is gone, everything, all the setup I did overtime, this is extremely frustrating...

as a side note,
where are saved in the saved game files, the inventory I have, my own inventory of grains, fruits, etc. etc. etc. - silage, grass, hay, manure, slurry, digestate, etc. etc. - where is that saved, in what file/s that I can open and edit with a notepad basic editor

I need to know, so I can also check on my end, not to cheat or anything, not change the values in my favor, but to monitor and keep track of my inventory especially with this issue I'm having now

basically, I can't play the game anymore
- I can't load my previously saved game/s not even restored from backup, something is corrupting the saved game files at the time of loading
- I can't keep starting all over again, a fresh new game, then save it, only to see I can't load and pick up from where I left
so, I can't play the game basically, there is no point to play for 10-20 minutes, knowing once I save and quit all my in-game work will be lost once I load the same game again

why is this happening?? on the base, vanilla game, with no mods, no DLCs, it's not working

please help me with this issue

thank you
yib

Post by yib »

Place your log.txt here.
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

sure,

please see the attachment with the log file

also, please answer my question:

where can I find in a .txt file I can see and edit the saved inventory from a game..??..

I need to know so I can try to keep track, so I can see and track if after I save the game, those values are accurate, or wiped out to "zero" - please don't ignore my question

thank you
log.txt
(118.46 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
yib

Post by yib »

so may errors in the log.
remove those mods from your mod folder.
Also Update your video card drivers, its from 2011 !

......My Games\FarmingSimulator2019, there you can findt it your savegames

yib
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

@yib

1. I have no problem with the video card, the game runs nice and smooth with no problems regarding the video display, as such we're talking about the wrong area of troubleshooting

not to mention, I've updated my driver, when I do a search to update the driver, it tells me I already have the last version of the driver

hence, we're wasting time even considering this and writing about this - I didn't report a video display issue, my issue is the saved games are corrupted

2. as I've mentioned, I've launched the game with NO mods at all - zero mods - and the same thing happens

- no point to blame the mods, as with just the basic vanilla game, no mods, I still have the issue, hence once again, we're focusing on the wrong area of troubleshooting

3. I am using FS 17, not FS 19

- if you know where my inventory is saved exactly, tell me the exact file, location and the string

for example:
- where do I find how much silage, grass, hay is saved??

- where do I find how much grain, barley, canola, etc. etc. is saved??

- where do I find how many animals, cows, sheep, pigs, are saved??

exactly where? what file? what location? what is the string I should look for??

I can't believe we're dragging our feet on this issue for more than one week and it's still not resolved...

as an extra troubleshooting step I did on my end:

1. I've totally uninstalled the game via Steam uninstall option

2, I've totally installed the game again from Steam, like a fresh new install
- it recognized my saved games, which is good, this is how it should be, so I can pick up from where I left

however, the problem is still there, when I load a new game, all the inventory I had in the saved game is lost, as well as all the trucks/tractors, vehicles, front loaders, tippers/trailers, tools, also all the animals and whatever food they had already at the time of saving, and all the peaceable buildings and items - all gone, zero, zip, nada...

like, really, no one has any idea what the cause maybe??

is it saving correctly and it's corrupted at the loading time?? I don't know, because I can't find the inventory I have at the moment of saving, because no one in your team can give me a straight answer, where is that inventory saved...

is it saving wrong, at the moment of saving, as such loading wrong? once again, I don't know, 'cause I can't check the inventory after the saving took place

I suspect it may be an .ini file, maybe game.ini - which I will attach here

this experience is becoming already extremely frustrating for me a paying customer-user-player

- I've purchased a legal copy with real money, and I can't play the game as intended
- no one can give me an answer to a simple question, where is saved my inventory
- no one so far, for at least one week - considering the report to tech support team I've sent - no one so far can give me a solution on how to fix the game

and you tell me about the video driver update when I don't have a video problem or to remove the mods when I already told you I have the same exact problem with the basic vanilla game... or you tell me a generic folder to find the saved values of my inventory for FS 19 when I clearly stated I am using FS 17...

does anyone with a minimum level of competency is working in the tech support team??

I was seriously considering - up until now - to buy FS 19... now, with those issues and lack of tech support, how could I spend even more money for FS 19..??.. what if it's not going to work and I'll have similar problems with no one to help me...

please help me solve this issue so I can play and enjoy the game, as intended, after all, that's why I purchased my copy of FS 17, not to waste time on the forums trying to fix a problem

thank you
Attachments
game.xml
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

yib wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am ......My Games\FarmingSimulator2019, there you can findt it your savegames

yib
what file exactly?? in FS 17, which is my game, not FS19, I will look say into savegame1

ok, what string I should look for, how does it look??

for example:

silage - the only string I found containing the keyword "silage" is the string

<tipTypeMapping fillType="silage" index="16"/> - I assume how long it takes, per this map, to fermentate to silage

<totalAmount fillType="silage" value="50000.000000"/> - I don't know what that is, but it's not my accurate inventory at the time of saving the game

it's a similar string for grain, for barley, and everything else with value="50000.000000"

so, I'll assume that's not the inventory at the time of saving my game, not to mention, in my inventory at the time of saving I had over 150000 in silage, after days of in-game "work" to make it...

so, point me in the right direction, where is the inventory value saved exactly? what file, what location, what string?

and for silage, grass, hay, manure, slurry, digestate...

and for animals, and whatever food the animals had in their own inventory, at the time of saving the game...

where is all that saved in a file??

can I be more clear than that??

I'm trying to help with the troubleshooting process, so work with me and I'll work with you...

thank you

p.s.
so far, as always for over 20 years, with no exceptions that I'm aware of, European companies have the worst customer service I've experienced as an American... do you really want us not to buy anymore from you guys..??..

you seriously need to improve your customer service skills... otherwise would be hard to penetrate the US-Canada markets... you could have 10 times more clients from US-Canada if you'll work on your customer service skills...

it's not enough to be just polite, like you all are...

be fast and be efficient, fix the problems, answer to the client's questions, to the point, not vaguely... don't go around the bushes with "update the video driver" when we're not troubleshooting a video display issue...

offer real solutions, some clear steps to try to fix the problem...

I've said I've tried the basic vanilla game, and you point out to remove the mods - so what is the vanilla base game?? the basic version of the game, with no mods... so I did that already...

I appreciate any effort to fix the problem, so let's fix it...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I find it funny, you jeep getting mad he mentioned fs19 not fs17, but you posted in the fs19 section. Should have posted in the fs17 section. Also giants is focused on fs19, I don't know if they support fs17 anymore.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

@ IL Farmer

I've posted in the English section of Tech Support, not necessarily in the FS 19 section

if it's posted in the wrong section, I apologize, I didn't know, I'm new to the forum, however a moderator, any moderator on duty - if any - can move it to the correct section to avoid any confusion

and, as a side note, I am not getting mad, I am however extremely frustrated because I get no support

I just purchased the game legally, FS 17 version, from Steam, not long ago, not even 4-5 weeks ago, and it was nowhere stated the game is obsolete and no longer supported by the developer, as if this would be the case, I would've not purchased normally

so, I assume, since they - Giants Software, the developer - are still selling the game, then they also are still supporting it... if not, then we'll have a major problem and all the specialized media will find out, after all, we live in a digital world, so online reputation and ratings are extremely important nowadays

so, yes, I am extremely frustrated with low-quality customer service, incompetency in tech support, slow response time and ultimately the inability to use a product, a game, I've paid real money for... if you live in the USA, then you know what that means, this is not good customer experience and I am not happy about it... I did my part, paid real money for my legal copy of the game, so I expect the game to work, or I expect help if it's not working...

for over one week now, no one is able to help me so far with this issue, I got nothing concrete from the tech support team...
just send them the log file, which I did, and nothing else, we only go around the bushes with video card driver update, when my issue has nothing to do with the graphic display, I have a great visual display, no complaints here... or, I've been told to remove the mods - when I already did that on my own, doing my own troubleshooting steps and stated clearly this...

how can I buy FS 19 and spend even more money, with this kind of customer service and support? what if I'll have problems with FS 19 also and get no help at all?? how is that a good customer experience??

that being said, my problem is still not fixed, and I still can't play the game, as intended...

and no one can answer me, to a simple question, where is saved my inventory... what file, what location, what string of the text-code??
Last edited by Ghiby on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Illinois Farmer

Yes, you are in the technical support for fs19. Anyways try this link
https://farming-simulator.com/support.p ... country=gb
Contact them through there.

Edit: if you have no mods and your computer supports it then there shouldn't be a problem. Since you have no mods then I would say there is a problem with your computer.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

If you have some question about the savegames, then it would be better to upload the savegame with all files in a new zip file and upload to a filehoster, so we can get them here in your next post.

Only wiht the actual files we can see what the game will saved and can help to identify the questions you have.

Most of the actual parts you want to know are in the files of the savegame folder.

'So you have to open the folder of savegames, click the savegame you play with and open them to see all files in this folder.

Now marked all and send to ZIP Folder.

Upload the zip to a filehoster you like.

Use the link to the file to post them in the new post.
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

@ böserlöwe

thank you for stepping in to help me with this, I hope we can get to the bottom of this

for the record, I have a great deal of respect for Giants team and for the product they created, I know how much work is behind developing a game and launching it and eventually making it a somewhat profitable enterprise

I don't want to blame the game itself, or the developer Giants... in fact, while I am in-game, launching a game, it works flawlessly, no crashes, no freezing screen, no issues... I've played over 100 hrs. with no issues whatsoever, even on a somewhat basic laptop, not top of the line, so I love the game, I'm a big fan of it...

now, back to this problem I'm having, I assume it's not the game, something else is corrupting the savegame, either at the moment of saving the game or at the moment of loading the game from the saved game... not sure what the problem is, that's why I need help from professionals who know how to troubleshoot the issue...

also, for the record, it's not my computer hardware, not my video card driver, it's none of that, the game works just fine, while I'm in-game...

I've attached three files of a careersavegame, one current savegame and two from the backup, so you can get an idea

I'm not using a hosting service, free or otherwise and as such it's inconvenient for me to zip files, host them on a third party and then submit them via a third party - I don't have the time, nor patience to do all this, especially considering I'm already more than a bit frustrated for not working as it is...

I'm also more than willing to work here, via the forum, and attach any and all files you guys may need, here in-forum...

any file you need and I can attach it here, you just name it and I will post it here...

the main, core problem is that at the moment of saving the game or loading from a saved game I am losing :
- all the inventory in grains, fruits, root plants
- all the trucks/tractors
- all the trailers/tippers
- all the tools
- all the placeable items/buildings

I am not losing
- the money in the account
- the land-fields status is the same, whatever it was at the time of saving

the saved game once loaded, after losing all that I've listed above, it works just fine, I repeat, the game works fine, while I am in-game, I can buy items, trucks, tools, work the fields, do anything and everything, all works well...

it's just like I need to start a fresh new game, every time I play, I can't save it, as once I do, I lose all my previous work...

if I keep the game open and play virtually non-stop and never stop and save and quit, everything works fine, while I'm in-game

so, I'd like to clearly conclude, the game works just fine, and also my computer, hardware, and software works just fine...

only at the time of saving, or at the time of loading, something odd, something happens... this is what we need to identify and fix...

that's whyI've attached the savegame from my main map that I'm playing, the Goldcrest map, and that's why I've attached some savegame from backup 01 and 02, but I could attach more than just 2 if need be, I think I have around 5-7 backup files saved - those are from the time when the game was working fine with no issues

as a side note, yet directly related to the troubleshooting process
I hate to keep repeating myself, but it looks like no one is able to give me an answer

where do I find the correct info for let's say how much silage I have in my inventory, what string of text-code in the savegame file??

I'm trying to track and see, if the amount of silage in the savegame is correct and accurate with the amount of silage I had in-game, so I can try to figure out if my inventory is saved correctly - or not - at the time of actually saving the game

from what I see, with my limited knowledge, checking my savegame file, I can't identify a string with the correct amount of silage I had in the game at the time of saving

for example, say I have in-game 123456 l of silage... I can't find it in the savegame, or if it's there, I can't see it... that's why I keep asking, where is it, what is the string, and oddly enough no one is capable enough to give me the correct answer...

maybe I am not able to make myself clear... OK, that's why I keep repeating myself like a broken record, maybe someone out there can give me the right answer

that being said, let's try to fix this problem...

I was seriously considering upgrading to FS 19, but now I'm extremely skeptical about it... how can I buy a new game when my issue, on my "old" game is not fixed..??.. then what if I will have a problem with the new game as well..??.. if no one can give me a straight answer, where can I find and see a piece of information, that I need in the troubleshooting process with the "old" game how can I count on the fact everything will be fine with the new game...

I'm an adult mature player, not a kid asking for parents credit card to buy a new game - I have my own money to spend as I please, but at the same time, unlike kids, I'm responsible with my spending, so I'd like to get FS 19 in theory, but how can I do that, when we can't pass an issue with FS 17, not even a simple answer to a simple question... where is the string of code-text where I can find my inventory of silage, grain, corn, barley, sunflowers, soybeans, etc. etc. etc. etc. where is in the gamesave files

I honestly cannot believe no one is able to give me an answer... how can I buy FS 19, when no one is able to give me an answer for FS 17...

you said it's in the savegame... OK, where?? what string of code-text?? how it should look like??

if I have 123456 l in-game, how does that look in the savegame..??..

what is so hard to answer this question... I honestly can't comprehend what is so hard to answer this simple question, no one so far, no one was capable and competent enough to give me a direct answer...

please, help me let's fix this...

thank you
Attachments
careerSavegame_backup02.xml
(174.96 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
careerSavegame_backup01.xml
(175.04 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
careerSavegame.xml
(174.96 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Illinois Farmer

1. I thought you said you play with no mods. There are mods listed. For example tow bar mod. Now I didn't have a pc on 17 but on 19, tow bar mod has caused problems.
2. You said stream updated automatically around July 4th. Why would steam update a game that didn't have an update applied. Fs19 got an update, but not fs17. Giants doesn't update that game anymore.