Bourgault DLC?

texasplowboy

Bourgault DLC?

Post by texasplowboy »

I really would like some honest opinions on buying this DLC. As of right now I'm looking to buy it for the JD tractor as I either have plenty of implements (large). Sp is it worth buying? Thanks.
chedly_farms

Re: Bourgault DLC?

Post by chedly_farms »

texasplowboy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:21 pm I really would like some honest opinions on buying this DLC. As of right now I'm looking to buy it for the JD tractor as I either have plenty of implements (large). Sp is it worth buying? Thanks.
Worth it? 8 bucks. I don't know. I bought the season pass, so my money is long gone.

How much do you like the 9rx? The 8 Meter seeded is kind of nice as well, it is my go to seeder at the moment. Everything is nicely detailed. So I'd say yes.

You could look at it this way, you are making an investment into the future of the franchise as well.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I would say no, but this really depends on your playstyle and your personal preferences. I simply don`t need such huge machinery.
I would suggest you take some time and look some YT test videos. This gives you the best iimpression if it`s worth or not.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I like the implements if you are on console they are immensely better than anything you would have available IMO I use the drills on pc even with the mods I have available to me
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Thanks everyone for you help.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Like Ched I have season pass and automatically got it. But if I didn't have the pass I would have passed on this dlc. Doesn't fit my general style of play, and if I felt the whim to play with the big boy toys game already has an 80 foot seeder from Seedhawk and high hrspr large tractors MT900, T9, Quadtrac (which even has tracks), both Big Buds are on modhub. Not enough of a JD fan to impressed with 9rx now but it is nice to see it there as an option.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

If you farm big then it is a must have. The smaller seeder in it is a nice plus if you go small from time to time also.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 am Like Ched I have season pass and automatically got it. But if I didn't have the pass I would have passed on this dlc. Doesn't fit my general style of play, and if I felt the whim to play with the big boy toys game already has an 80 foot seeder from Seedhawk and high hrspr large tractors MT900, T9, Quadtrac (which even has tracks), both Big Buds are on modhub. Not enough of a JD fan to impressed with 9rx now but it is nice to see it there as an option.
lmfo hahaha thats like passing on a Lamborghini because you already have a pinto
(Talking about the drill as well not that tractor with the messed up headlights)
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I thought the 8m seeder was just to close to the tractor for making turns. Or has it been updated?
ThatCanadianGuy

Beanbrother wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:14 am I thought the 8m seeder was just to close to the tractor for making turns. Or has it been updated?
I use it on CP and skip a row or two, it works great.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It shouldn’t hit before you hit the drawbar unless you run duals or some super wide tires in which case it doesn’t need an update that’s true to real life worrying about hitting implement when turning sharp with duals
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

That’s the one thing wish us console ppl could have if the CP. I love the look of some fields with trees and different obstacles to go around. But I love the management side of FS. I like putting a worker out but they are somewhat forced to just go back and forth.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

If you want it, then it's worth it.
Since you took the time to start/read a thread in the forum, you must really want it.
It's cheaper than a night at the movies, and will last longer.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Forgetting the 9RX that's in the DLC which is probably what Giants was hoping to be the big draw and seller. There are actually a couple of nice implements in the set. Okay not everyone plays huge maps and needs the massive seeders and aircarts. I however just started playing on La Coronella and found the 8m FMS CD872-8 seeder from the DLC to be very nice to use and have with the small/medium sized fields and restricted access to a lot of fields because of fences and gates. I also like the Cultivators in the pack and the Mechanical Weeder. I know most people probably don't do mechanical weeding and just herbicide all the time whenever weeds appear, but that 27m Weeder in the DLC is a nice alternative for those players trying to be "Organic" and not use chemicals on their crops.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
ThatCanadianGuy

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:06 pm I know most people probably don't do mechanical weeding and just herbicide all the time whenever weeds appear, but that 27m Weeder in the DLC is a nice alternative for those players trying to be "Organic" and not use chemicals on their crops.
I love the look of the harrow and I wish Giants had made it a cultivator, or created a new category of "Light harrow" that would just incorporate fert/herb without changing stubble or something like that since that is what it actually does in real life considering a weeder like that is completely useless if you run seasons.