Fenceless Open Pastures

icoombs

Fenceless Open Pastures

Post by icoombs »

Hi all

Anyone know of a placeable open pasture for mainly cows and sheep where you can place them in existing grass fields for summer pasture. I mainly want a cattle one for beef cows so don't need milk and as in real life no manure or slurry. My dairy herd will stay in the cattle farm for daily milking but i want to put the beef herd out to pasture and move them around to different pastures periodically to allow fields to re-grow.

Basically i want placeable pasture mods with no fences so it looks like the cows are free to roam in the area of the field they are in, with a water trough, feed trough and trigger to get the cows in.

As far as i can see looking through the modhub all the open pasture mods seem to have fences which is pointless when placing them in a gated field.

TIA
Ian
Illinois Farmer

Re: Fenceless Open Pastures

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There are open pasture mods on the modhub with no fences.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

They are pretty small though, IMO. This is something that I hope can be included in the next version of the game. Seems like we should be able to paint an area to define it as a "roaming" area for animals.
icoombs

Post by icoombs »

The only fenceless one I can find includes a building along with manure and slurry pits and presumably a milk trigger. When all I want is a water trough and feeding trough.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I just downloaded one with room for about 100 cows
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end