I'm taking suggestions! Hit me with your best shot....Fire Away!

chedly_farms

I'm taking suggestions! Hit me with your best shot....Fire Away!

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm setting aside my afternoon after I finish work here. And I want to start a new map. I'm gonna hold off on Stone Valley as we are awaiting the update. And MN Millennial Farmer's Map is undergoing surgery as well. So I don't really know where to go. Purbeck keeps looking nice to me. And I've never gone all in on Meadowgrove. Marwell has been retired. And I'm on Osina with 250+ hours currently. With my map history out of the way, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm even thinking about "photo documenting" the whole thing and making my attempt at a "blog" thread on here.

So my questions are, what map do you suggest...and what type of farming. Go into as much or as little detail as you want. The reason I ask, is because I'm OCD to the core, and it's hard for me to think outside the box when I have my mind going in a certain direction.

P.S. I like to farm as realistically as I can.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmCatJenkins

Re: I'm taking suggestions! Hit me with your best shot....Fire Away!

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Our beck does look nice. But I’m wrapped up on my Dedi and another save game. If you’re interested in sharing screenshots give my Discord a look over. A few from the forums that share some pretty awesome pictures!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Have you entertained the thought of No Man's Land? I just started on it and am having alot of fun.

I also play as realistic as possible, so clearing land and creating my own fields is/was pretty fun.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Wait till millennium farming map is out then do a huge John Deere farm :mrgreen:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Ironsword

Post by Ironsword »

Hello Chedly, currently I have two farms on Little Norton and Hollandscheveld. Little Norton is a great map with nice medium fields and room for forestry, you can choose any farm and place the mat wherever you want it has a lot of nice details like the sheep farm that crosses the road or the dual carriageway among other feautres and the overall feeling is very nice. Hollandscheveld is very different it is a flat map but it is realistic as far as I can tell from goggle maps and because of that you can place what you want anywhere also the slot count is very very low and it has a pair of boots that act as a sleeping trigger and you can put them where you want. I like both a lot.
Crosscheck

Post by Crosscheck »

I’m kind of in the same as boat with Stone Valley and MNMF. I wanted to do a proper American 4x map for that big feeling, but Nebraska Lands showed just how much of a potato I have on my desk. So, instead, I decided to split my time with two Start from Scratch games that both are working out quite well: a forestry focused one on No Man’s Land, and a “normal” one on The Valley The Old Farm.

I heartily recommend both maps.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I've been plugging away at sandy bay when I can. Started McRibs and McChickens. From the looks the baby cows need milk so working to get a few cows. Don't think there is a way to just buy milk on console. I got the milk pallet thing from ddmodpassion for transport.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:55 pm Don't think there is a way to just buy milk on console.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

I'm pretty sure you can buy milk with these.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I want you to start a waffle farm.

You will need:
=================
Sugar Beets (syrup)
Wheat(batter, chicken feed)
Eggs(batter, eggs)
Milk(batter, milk)
Pork(sausage)

You will also have to grow and harvest: hay, silage, and straw for the dairy, and animal feed for hogs.

The map should have a restaurant but I'll give that a pass :coolnew: :lol: :lol: *thumbsup*

Good luck! *thumbsup*
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:46 pm I want you to start a waffle farm.

You will need:
=================
Sugar Beets (syrup)
Eggs(batter, eggs)
Milk(batter, milk)
Pork(sausage)

You will also have to grow and harvest: hay, silage, and straw for the dairy, and animal feed for hogs.

The map should have a restaurant but I'll give that a pass :coolnew: :lol: :lol: *thumbsup*

Good luck! *thumbsup*
Waffles don't use pork
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:51 pm
CaptGoodvibes wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:46 pm I want you to start a waffle farm.

You will need:
=================
Sugar Beets (syrup)
Eggs(batter, eggs)
Milk(batter, milk)
Pork(sausage)

Good luck! *thumbsup*
Waffles don't use pork
Buddy, a smart guy would have noticed a plate of breakfast. :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Mind as well throw bacon on there with the pork sausage too Haha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:55 pm Don't think there is a way to just buy milk on console.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

I'm pretty sure you can buy milk with these.
I thought of that but wasn't sure if it would support milk. Thinking about it now it should, if you can fill a baler you should be able to fill a few milk cans.

Since I'm responding to FarmCat will toss another idea out there. Lone Oak on seasons with his Amish Country geo. Lone Oak is such a catch all map and resembles so many areas of the U.S. I've seen. Would be starting with crops and beef cattle.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:57 pm Mind as well throw bacon on there with the pork sausage too Haha.
Exactly!

And biscuits and gravy and steak and chicken fried chicken. Yum... heading to the kitchen now haha
PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have had bacon bits on top of a waffle with cream before. At bacon fest in Chicago, there are bacon pies and bacon ice cream too. You made me hungry haha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.