Map ADD

YWFMS2351

Map ADD

Post by YWFMS2351 »

I keep losing interest in maps, maybe the game overall. I'll start a new map and get all set up, start working and then, meh im bored of it. Any suggestions? (I've dabbled in most of the modhub maps)
PC
Tylercheesey1986

Re: Map ADD

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

No advice but I can relate, I have the same issue
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Stop playing the game until you find interest in it again. I had the same problem and stopped playing it for some time.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Norwegian81

Post by Norwegian81 »

That's when I start logging with a chainsaw lol 😆
drinking beer when I'm scripting...sure it helps :lol:
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

juf.de wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:44 am Stop playing the game until you find interest in it again. I had the same problem and stopped playing it for some time.
Same here. Usually play one of other magillion games I have I never play, ironically because fs used to take up most of my gaming time.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Jump onto spintires and then play farm Sim after. If I'm waiting for a mod to release, I'll just get onto spintires and play there to my heart's content.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Might not be the maps, tried a different playstyle?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Yeah, what Noraf said above. There are many ways to play.
Have you tried small maps, big maps, animals, cotton, sugarcane, corn silage, zero money start etc?
Otherwise, playing another game could work too.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I have the same infliction! But not because I’m bored of the game, but because there is a overload of new maps I just have to try. Find one I like, set up and get ready to start playing for real, then boom, damn -a new map I just have to try, and so it goes.

I also take extended vacations from the game and go a month or two without playing or even thinking about FS before I come back and do it all over again. It’s both the blessing and the curse of this game, I think.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Me seven! (if I can count properly :D )

I've got several maps about half way through the first year (I always play Seasons) with no good reason why I stopped on map A to play map B and stopped B to play C and so on and so forth ....

I also take a break, play GTA5 or RDR2 ... or Spintires or Wreckfest ... or Mafia ...

... and then after a month or so I'm back to driving tractors at 20mph.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Maybe you're moving too fast, too soon.
Edit your save until you only have a small chunk of land, pickup and a chainsaw. Sell logs from your pickup until you can afford a tractor and a mower. Sell grass until you can afford a baler.....
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

My common goal in any map recently is to max out my loan and have a six year pay off agreement with the bank. Currently I'm coming to the end of Year 1 on Eiersholt with a 2.7 million dollar loan running decent size equipment, farming about 170 acres.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I will make a new start today with all the Maize Plus, Forage Extension, Horse Extension and so on. Didn`t try it yet, and I guess it will nearly feel like a new FS game. Charwell MapFarming Agency edit will be out (most probably) today. So It`s the perfect time to start a new game.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

juf.de wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:44 am Stop playing the game until you find interest in it again. I had the same problem and stopped playing it for some time.
I do this too *thumbsup*
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Hellraiser 760

Post by Hellraiser 760 »

When was the last time you started with the basics and grew your operation from there? Maybe that’ll help? If I start off with good equipment off the bat, I get bored pretty quickly.
Platform - Xbox One