Map ADD

FSarndrone

Re: Map ADD

Post by FSarndrone »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:35 am I keep losing interest in maps, maybe the game overall. I'll start a new map and get all set up, start working and then, meh im bored of it. Any suggestions? (I've dabbled in most of the modhub maps)
Suggestion play space engineers ( turn off the music because it drives you nuts) :smileynew:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I always start with smaller old equipment and the ambition is to grow, but like the others, I rarely get that far before I start all over again. In my off periods I am a car sim addict, so my time is switched (on a bi-monthly schedule) between Assetto Corsa Competizione and FS. That’s the only games that have a steady playtime, and once in a while I might be distracted for a week by some new shiny, before going back to ACC or FS.

I have high hopes for the new FS flight simulator as well, looks very impressive
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Farming simulator flight simulator?
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

FSarndrone wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:54 pm Farming simulator flight simulator?
I think he meant the new MS flight simulator lol
PC
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:48 pm
FSarndrone wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:54 pm Farming simulator flight simulator?
I think he meant the new MS flight simulator lol
Oh yeah I was thinking of getting that....
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

The main problem i find is the setting up. So many options it gets bewildering. For me personally, i like a map with alot of contracts so i can start small and work up. Ive just gone on sandy bay with a 2wd 4440 for animals, general yard work, 4wd 4840 and 6195m with 243bhp. Got lizard 6m subsoiler ( always 4 me), 6m cultivator, 6m seeder, fertilizer spreader. 50 cows. Got pottinger varia mowers, big loading wagon, put silage clamp at bga. Own 6 small grass fields, no arable yet. I own small calf, cow yard and thats it. Oh and 1.5 million debt. I find the feeling of upgrading and progressing more satisfying than starting big. I think the trick is to have an idea in your head before you start. And i never use the same machines as b4, apart from lizard 6m subsoiler
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I’m a bit different. I find it really hard to start new maps. Trying to grind through the initial build until I have enough land and equipment to hold my interest is a pain, even when I give myself a few million extra to start with.

If I can maintain my interest long enough to get established, then I’ll probably spend a while on a map. I have close to 300 hours each on Geiselsberg and Gemeinde Rade 2k19, and I'm closing in on 200 hours on Midwest Horizon and MVP 19, and on Midwest Horizon it took me four or five goes before I could build a farm to hold my interest.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Luftkopf wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:28 am I’m a bit different. I find it really hard to start new maps. Trying to grind through the initial build until I have enough land and equipment to hold my interest is a pain, even when I give myself a few million extra to start with.
Same with me. I started a grind game on sandy bay, try to work way up to get to the calves. After 28 hours, only putting in my second round of seeds in the ground, and 300k in debt I'm becoming uninterested.

So take a break I did a bit of the opposite. On Thursday night I started a new save on felsbrunn, put in all the mods I've wanted to use but haven't (like straw harvest) and enough money to not have to worry about money (even then I'm down from just over 18m down to 12.7 something million). When I finished playing Friday nite I had almost 8 hours already.
Made me think a bit about what keeps getting my interest lost, the game, the map, the way I've been playing.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs