Nmc bulldozer/ Steiger mods

JamP

Re: Nmc bulldozer/ Steiger mods

Post by JamP »

Lol We need that little truck! I tried to transport him, but the distance from the tracks doesn't help.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am D6 is probably one of the most common unless you are in dry areas or places with rocky soil then you tend to see bigger cats like 8-10s being much more common. Personally I have never seen or heard of an 11 anywhere other than a mine though, weighing over 200,000 pounds doesn’t make it impossible to move but it would be a lot of work and money. I thought NMC did a really nice job looks big, feels big, stands out like a big yellow sore thumb haha, pretty cool to see one in game. Also I am by no means claiming to be an expert on this either, things could be different in other places my info only comes from 15 years of heavy equipment operating and traveling a fair amount.
To add to your comment, CAT D8-11 dozers are typically only going to be seen in large surface mining operations. The price tag and operating costs, along with the generally impractical size make their uses very limited. That machine is basically going to be limited to breaking ground, stripping overburden, or just pushing massive amounts of material.

Personally, I would've much rather seen a smaller dozer added, as a D11 is super impractical.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I'd love to see a traxcavtor of a trackloader added. Something like a CAT 955L or 983B would be a weapon.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I tried some Sugar planting with the Steiger so fitted the 3 point hitch. Hired a worker (shouldn’t make a difference) and the planter missed some spots on the field. Connected the planter to another tractor to sort out the “bald spots”.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Has anyone else used a worker to cultivate with the Steiger. It will jackknife as it backs up and then miss a big triangle at each end of a feild. I'm currently using the tigermate 200 and stx275 with duel mitas tires on Ravenport with seasons.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I haven't, because I like the sound too much to use a worker lol. Did you do any headlands?
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:24 pm Has anyone else used a worker to cultivate with the Steiger. It will jackknife as it backs up and then miss a big triangle at each end of a feild. I'm currently using the tigermate 200 and stx275 with duel mitas tires on Ravenport with seasons.
The STX has some issues turning with hired help...that said, it 100% worse with the tigermate. I used the tigermate with other tractors and it still messes up so I think it's more the cultivator mod than the tractor
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Ive had issues with hired helpers and the new STX.

On one occasion, they got tangled in some trees and managed to tip it on its side.

Another time (on welker) i got the "helper has stopped unexpectedly" message. Went to the field they were working and was no where to be found. Looked on the map and they had driven all the way to the other end of the map and was stuck on the border. Lol
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Boost_GLR wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Another time (on welker) i got the "helper has stopped unexpectedly" message. Went to the field they were working and was no where to be found. Looked on the map and they had driven all the way to the other end of the map and was stuck on the border. Lol
Pfff. I had that on Lone Oak FS17.
Somehow the helper drove all the way to south border of the map, while he was working next to the farm
Ignorance is bliss
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Boss: Why did you go to the border?
Worker: I wanted a chicken sandwich
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

https://youtu.be/jZzMdfLo5wU

I’ve seen some folks questioning the use of a D-11 in a farm context, so I thought id throw this up in case someone needs a reason to role play owning one.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Pipe laying for ground moisture control could also be a use for a ripper of that size.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am https://youtu.be/jZzMdfLo5wU

I’ve seen some folks questioning the use of a D-11 in a farm context, so I thought id throw this up in case someone needs a reason to role play owning one.
but deep ripping is something that is done at most one per generation or to correct past erroneous farming methods where little care has been given to avoiding deep compaction, likewise orchards are not regularly ripped out and again is something that is done in generational type time-frames much like for vines in vineyards.

The operators may be farmers, but the D11 et al are operated in a plant hire/earthmoving context.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:33 am Pipe laying for ground moisture control could also be a use for a ripper of that size.
a full size tracked drainage trencher, would lay pipes (clay or plastic perforated pipe) faster, deeper and would allow pipes to have the correct fall over distance so water would flow through them in a specific direction.

in the other hand it wouldn't be hard to modify the deep ripper to lay alkathene (MDPE/HDPE) mains water pipe, but there are smaller machines that can do that too faster, deeper and much cheaper, that also lay caballing or gas pipe too.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge: