Potato/onion harvester mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lincsfarmer

Potato/onion harvester mod

Post by lincsfarmer »

Hi everyone,
I’m new to modding and looking for some help from you good people. Growing up living and working on the family farm and still living on the lincs/Norfolk border I see onions topped, lifted and left to dry and then lifted in to trailers and put over a grader in to store etc, I’m looking to do the same in game ! I have managed to get onion beds to look the same as they do in the fields and I have found a mod to lift them out of the ground , what I now want to do is be able to lift them from the ground by using the grimme gt170 in to trailers , I have tried to edit the xml file to do this by changing it to a loading wagon but still no joy ! Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction and what to change to be able to do this thanks LF.
norfolk farmer

Re: Potato/onion harvester mod

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have no idea how you'd do it but I really hope it is possible, root crop options are really lacking in the game as far as realistic practices go.
lincsfarmer

Re: Potato/onion harvester mod

Post by lincsfarmer »

Thanks for the reply Norfolk farmer , I have since got a loading wagon to pick them up , hoping someone will be able to help me /let me know how to get the harvester to work as a loading wagon , any ideas or points in the right direction would be good