Increase loan limit?

mexel75

Increase loan limit?

Post by mexel75 »

Is there any way or mod that could let me increase the loan limit? And if so, can I keep this loan limit modification restricted to one particular saved game?
FarmerLee73

Re: Increase loan limit?

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Guess you could edit the xml's of the save game to show the amount you want, ie change the cash value that you have and add the same amount to the loan total that you have, can't say I have ever needed to increase the load limit, in fact I very rarely even need to take out a loan.

Maybe some other farmers on here may know a better way.
Frick

Post by Frick »

mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Yeah thanks for the tip, but this only allow me to add money. The gameplan was to be able to take a bigger loan at the start of the game, to get a boost. But then start paying it all back. So I'm only looking for being able to raise the loan limit, not just adding money. But it doesn't seem possible to do that I guess.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

As far as I know, the loan limit is worked out on how much land you own. You could always add in money, buy land you aren’t planning on using and increase the loan limit that way.

It’s a long way around but may work
Eische

Post by Eische »

Edit the savegames xml files:
careerSavegame.xml --> money
farms.xml --> loan and money

Just increase your loan and money accordingly. make sure to put same money value in both files. This daes not increase your loan limit, but you can get higher initial loan at the beginning.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:53 pm As far as I know, the loan limit is worked out on how much land you own. You could always add in money, buy land you aren’t planning on using and increase the loan limit that way.

It’s a long way around but may work
I tried that :smileynew: . Doesn't work
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Eische wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:00 pm Edit the savegames xml files:
careerSavegame.xml --> money
farms.xml --> loan and money

Just increase your loan and money accordingly. make sure to put same money value in both files. This daes not increase your loan limit, but you can get higher initial loan at the beginning.
Yeah, I guess that's the only way. I would prefer though to take my loans in game. But is doesn't seem possible to raise the loan limit in some XML file. But thanks for your suggestions
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Im surprised nobody mentions seasons or real life numbers. Both of these mods adjust how much loan you can take out and raises the limit significantly over vanilla FS as far as I know.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Oh really? Just started playing seasons. Will check that out.. thanks
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

From what I've found, purchasing land doesn't always do it right away, but purchasing buildings will. If you put up a bin site or shop, and a few other things, it will let you borrow at around 80% LTV of your total assets owned.
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

On welker farms on console on seasons just owning the main field that you start with I was able to take out a 1 mil loan. Bought field 3, 21, 22 and my loan is now maxed out at 3 mil. My somewhat goal is to just take as much out of loans as I can in the first year. Than work on paying it back the rest of the years
samlarson

Post by samlarson »

On welker farmson console on seasons just owning the main field that you start with I was able to take out a 1 mil loan. Bought field 3, 21, 22 and my loan is now maxed out at 3 mil. My somewhat goal is to just take as much out of loans as I can in the first year. Than work on paying it back the rest of the years
Taking as many loans as possible are my usual strategy in all simulators. But this strategy backfires like half of the times because if I fail to build my economy enough to cover my margins they snowball me to the oblivion
Last edited by samlarson on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I recently got into some short term investments and https://promoneysavings.com/best-short- ... vestments/, I found some good tips on where and how to start. That's is pretty exciting
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

samlarson wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:38 pm Taking as many loans as possible are my usual strategy in all simulators. But this strategy backfires like half of the times because if I fail to build my economy enough to cover my margins they snowball me to the oblivion

Welcome to real life farming.

Edit Alagos: fixed quote
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

IIRC, the loan limit has a direct correlation to your assets. Increase your assets and you can take a bigger loan. AFAIK, it's 50% max.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end