Console maps with a lot of trash and junk strewn about...

Illinois Farmer

Re: Console maps with a lot of trash and junk strewn about...

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There should be a delete button if you so choose, but I wouldn't let so rusty equipment or garage keep you from playing a map.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Pict

Post by Pict »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:17 pm I'm gonna disagree with you here, it's ok to disagree right. I'm not saying your wrong, as it's your opinion. But I'm going to offer my personal opinion.
No worries whatsoever, such is the substance of healthy debate *thumbsup*

I've downloaded Osina & Marwell to see better where your coming from. Osina will fit my current Polish phase so that'll be interesting.

I never realized the decorative bales would rot away, otherwise I might have left them be. To be honest I just assumed they didn't and I deleted them out of hand without checking.

Other than than I appear to have left the impression that I only tolerate playing on a flat featureless map, but I can assure you that's not the case. For example one of my favorite maps is Geiselberg https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 where all I have done to tweak it to my liking is delete the set piece junk pack the appears in all the sheds, old silo parts and so on, oh that and rewire the hay crane so that it matches the other crane controls.

The Valley The Old Farm is another one I like and have tweaked, in this case a little more as I added the full Maize Plus compatibility, carrots onions and so on. It has plenty of forest, but it runs just fine so I never touched that. I changed out the shop as it was a little to junk intensive for my taste :lol:

I just really like being able to interact with stuff on the map, like put my own bale stacks up, place my own fuel drums and so on. All stuff I can use and move as and when I want all while still in game and not find it reset itself next restart. Until I get running things around the farm can seem a little barren, but that soon changes.

As I said above somewhere, like busy landscapes with ditches, walls, fences & gates and trees too, but no matter what is on the map it has to run well on my modest rig. That's a large part of why I don't like over decoration as even if it's well optimized, every static unusable bale, pallet etc., is using graphic resources for a bale or pallet I've made or purchased and can use move and use, regardless of how well optimized they are.

I'm just back from a few weeks in two very different farming areas in France, Flanders (great beer), pretty much as flat as the proverbial pancake, grain, beets, onions, you name it and just before that I was in the south west of the Morven national park in Burgundy (great wine), which is hill farming country, ridge after ridge of small almost vertical fields, mostly small beef farms, some horse, so plenty of grass getting baled, but it also has a major forestry industry. I would love to make a map of a part of the Morven for FS19. There are a few small towns, rail lines, quarries and other stuff in the area, but I would avoid all of that and just concentrate on two or three farms, in a farm sim rather than town sim manner. I have two beauties in mind, just need to find the time as I already have the inclination. It'd be spot on for the new hill farming DLC equipment :coolnew:

Bullit Bill is virtually unique among a very few, in that not only has he taken the time to learn how to produce decent, interesting and equally importantly, well optimized maps and have the presence of mind step back and objectively criticize his own work, he also takes the time to share that hard won knowledge with the rest of us. I really appreciate that and have learned much from reading his stuff.
Last edited by Pict on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:22 pm Stuff irl sits for years without ever being moved. To transport some of it, it needs to be taken apart bit by bit and that takes a lot of time.
It sure does :lol:

I grew up in a family business surrounded by it as my father was a junkoholic. "It'll come in handy one fine day" he used to say, but that fine day never came and he died back in '93. I took over with one of my brothers and spent a lot of spare time cleaning up the place which had got to the point where you could hardly get moving for stuff that we would never do anything with and just got in the way.

I think that has a fair bit to do with why I like to keep things as clean as practicable ever since :lol:
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha yeah I have heard that line before too. Ours used to be worse too. Got it down to two piles you can barely see in from the road because of the trees Haha. That old elevator will be staying awhile though.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40 pm There should be a delete button if you so choose, but I wouldn't let so rusty equipment or garage keep you from playing a map.
Life is too short to go out of my way to abide garbage in a video game. I LOVE Shamrock Valley! I also can't stand to play it for longer than Spring day 1. There are tires spread all over that yard that you can pick up a move to anywhere including the junk pile. I do that with anything that moves on any map unless it is really a bag of seeds or something.

*thumbsup*
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I'd say life is to short to find a map that doesn't have these items in it. Since it's apparently quite a bit of work, you're logic is kinda weird =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

I can’t help it when I see a lovely old trailer in my shed with bales on and the oh ... it’s just a decor
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Pict wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:45 pm I'm just back from a few weeks in two very different farming areas in France, Flanders (great beer), pretty much as flat as the proverbial pancake, grain, beets, onions, you name it and just before that I was in the south west of the Morven national park in Burgundy (great wine), which is hill farming country, ridge after ridge of small almost vertical fields, mostly small beef farms, some horse, so plenty of grass getting baled, but it also has a major forestry industry. I would love to make a map of a part of the Morven for FS19. There are a few small towns, rail lines, quarries and other stuff in the area, but I would avoid all of that and just concentrate on two or three farms, in a farm sim rather than town sim manner. I have two beauties in mind, just need to find the time as I already have the inclination. It'd be spot on for the new hill farming DLC equipment :coolnew:

Bullit Bill is virtually unique among a very few, in that not only has he taken the time to learn how to produce decent, interesting and equally importantly, well optimized maps and have the presence of mind step back and objectively criticize his own work, he also takes the time to share that hard won knowledge with the rest of us. I really appreciate that and have learned much from reading his stuff.
Now that is a map I would like to see...

I've always found French maps extremely appealing, including the French agri equipment. The only issue is many of them are optimized to run like a potato, but they sure are pretty.

Also thank you for the compliment, those who know me well know that I am critical of my own work more than anyone else's.
I feel there is always room for improvement, you can keep going back over your work and keep finding better ways to do it. Especially as you learn more about modding.

Just mention the word "stubble" to my friend Stu and he will just shake his head and sigh... poor guy I must have shown and got him to test and give feedback on about 50-60 different stubble foliage designs over a several week period.
He refuses to look now... :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

I semi- agree with you. I like to have something to break up the map. A small town, a gas station, some large silo stations, some other items are fine. Piles of junk, lots of bales that I can't use, trees plugged into the ground or lots of small inanimate objects like in workshops get deleted in GE for my play thru's.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Alagos wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:05 pm I'd say life is to short to find a map that doesn't have these items in it. Since it's apparently quite a bit of work, you're logic is kinda weird =P
I can code in assembler. My logic is superior.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I wish you could just ram the bulldozer into it, and make a bigger trash pile. Although, to be the complete opposite of this topic, I reckon having the tires wear on tractors would be cool. Then when they have no tread left, you take them off and put them with all of the other trash in a pile.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:17 am
Alagos wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:05 pm I'd say life is to short to find a map that doesn't have these items in it. Since it's apparently quite a bit of work, you're logic is kinda weird =P
I can code in assembler. My logic is superior.
Not necessarily, you just do it in tiny steps!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads