Stone Valley questions

CowsGoMoo

Re: Stone Valley questions

Post by CowsGoMoo »

dan1109 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:02 am Is there a fertilizer trigger on this console map? I've used the lime and seed. I haven't used the water trigger, next to the north road access point of the main farm.
Haven't ran into one. I will be using the mini seed/fertilizer silo placeable and either giants liquid fert tank or placeable pallets from ddmod passion to handle that.

Trying not to do too much on map but crops and contracts so when it updates I won't loose anything important and will be fairly easy to rebuild
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:55 pm
dan1109 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:02 am Is there a fertilizer trigger on this console map? I've used the lime and seed. I haven't used the water trigger, next to the north road access point of the main farm.
Haven't ran into one. I will be using the mini seed/fertilizer silo placeable and either giants liquid fert tank or placeable pallets from ddmod passion to handle that.

Trying not to do too much on map but crops and contracts so when it updates I won't loose anything important and will be fairly easy to rebuild
There is a seed trigger at the main farm. It is near the silo next to the garage (if you at the silo, look towards the main road with the water tank, look to your right by the garage).
dbump

Post by dbump »

Looks like a map update for both console and PC is in the works, based on his FB page. Console description mentions new save required; I assume that will apply to PC as well. Curious to see the changes.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Regarding the Geo update for today....I see it for PC and Console, but it say Onion, Carrots, Clover, Field Grass.....Console gets these fruits?!?!? I thought Console seasons was very close to the Fruit Limit on Seasons, once Hay/Straw Pellets came out.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:55 pm

Yeah, I'm using the AJ Seed/Fert Hut as well - too bad it's increased my Fert costs by 33%, but oh well, its a lot easier that transferring 40 pallets of liquid fert barrels every few days. I'm surprised there wasn't a fert trigger, considering the size of the fields...the seed and lime triggers are Godsends.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Changes look pretty good
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

sittinhere wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:13 am Changes look pretty good
Is the update out?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

dan1109 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:47 am Regarding the Geo update for today....I see it for PC and Console, but it say Onion, Carrots, Clover, Field Grass.....Console gets these fruits?!?!? I thought Console seasons was very close to the Fruit Limit on Seasons, once Hay/Straw Pellets came out.
No, PC has those fruits. But the GEO is available for both platforms. You can't update one without the other. Rye is the only thing on console that PC does not have. The biggest change for console is the extended harvesting into Early Winter.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Hmmmm :search:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Since we are kind of talking about Geo's why aren't there any Geo's that allow you to harvest corn all winter long and into spring? With the way things have been over the last couple years, there are quite a few farmers that weren't able to harvest corn until well into late January or February, until the ground froze enough to get a combine on the ground. It's not ideal, but they do it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

brewcrewer wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 pm
Is the update out?
No, but he posted what was changed
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

sittinhere wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:56 pm
brewcrewer wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 pm
Is the update out?
No, but he posted what was changed
Ok got ya. I've been a little out of the loop the last week. Once I heard he was doing an update I pretty much stopped playing the map because I didn't see the point in getting any deeper into it.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:46 pm Since we are kind of talking about Geo's why aren't there any Geo's that allow you to harvest corn all winter long and into spring? With the way things have been over the last couple years, there are quite a few farmers that weren't able to harvest corn until well into late January or February, until the ground froze enough to get a combine on the ground. It's not ideal, but they do it.
I mean really you can combine whenever you want, but you will lose crop value. If you have a geo with harvest anytime, would the game know when the crop has withered still?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:46 pm Since we are kind of talking about Geo's why aren't there any Geo's that allow you to harvest corn all winter long and into spring? With the way things have been over the last couple years, there are quite a few farmers that weren't able to harvest corn until well into late January or February, until the ground froze enough to get a combine on the ground. It's not ideal, but they do it.
In the Uk sugar beet are lifted anytime from September to early March, I guess it would confuse the game for a GEO to allow it.
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

A couple of observations after playing this map for ~70 hrs.

1 - I changed the MaizePlus.xml to allow Alfalfa Silage and Clover silage to be used in cow feed mixtures.
2 - Am I missing the trigger for the slurry lagoon? I don't seem to be able to find a way to put slurry in it at the cow farm area. Edit: So I messed up. There are two slurry lagoons in the Cow area. I assumed that the most visible pit one was a storage area for slurry or digestate. It appears that it is the second lagoon for the cow husbandry area. It is not made to have things added to it from outside sources.

3 - I'm really liking the map. The fields are unique shapes and courseplay / helpers / autodrive seem to be okay with it so far.
4 - Does the BGA accept slurry? I don't see or cannot find the trigger point. It shows up in the pda that the BGA will pay for it, I've been unable to unload it. The BGA does accept Slurry. I just found I had to back my trailer all the way up to the unload point. The trigger on my trailer apparently wasn't interacting.

I edited my post for clarification.