FS 17 crashing when Wifi is on

KevinGamer

FS 17 crashing when Wifi is on

Post by KevinGamer »

Hello, since i have my new laptop i have problems with FS 17. My laptop has intel CORE i5 and a NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphic card. FS 17 runs without any problems when i disconnect my laptop from the Wifi, but when i turn it on FS 17 crashes on startup or in-game. I tried to start it from Steam with Wifi on but its only crashing after 1-3 seconds. Anyone knows how to fix that bug?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
LS09God

Re: FS 17 crashing when Wifi is on

Post by LS09God »

I honestly don't think this is a game bug. It sounds HW related. I suggest you take it up with your laptop retailer.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
KevinGamer

Post by KevinGamer »

My PC isn't to bad for it when it can run with best graphic options without Wifi. You didn't understand my question. FS 17 runs without any problems without Wifi but if it's on it crashes on startup.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Can you post the exact model of the CPU? The reason I ask is the issue sounds similar to an issue that was reported for FS19 with Intel 'Ice Lake' CPUs: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=158991&p=1246504& ... 1#p1246504

This issue was fixed with the current patch for FS19, but I doubt that GIANTS will also still patch it for FS17. So your only option to be able to play on this system with the network being connected most likely will be to upgrade to FS19.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
KevinGamer

Post by KevinGamer »

I have the Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz but there is no any kind of Ice Lake name description in the system. Am i a victim of that hardware?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Yes, as you can see in the thread I've linked the i5-1035G1 is an 'Ice Lake' based CPU,and therefore this is most likely what is causing your issue.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

Those names as Ice Lake or Coffee Lake are names that Intel uses to defines families and generations of CPU before they are sold with the I3 or I5 or IX names
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

To be fair, this is the sort of bug that GIANTS should be fixing. FS17 isn't at all old and I'm pretty certain thousands still play on it, but if an entire family of popular processors has a conflict with it then GIANTS ought to fix it, especially if they've already identified the cause and fixed it with FS19.

You should file a bug report on it, otherwise GIANTS might not see it (you can find the guidelines for reporting a bug here).
KevinGamer

Post by KevinGamer »

Alright thank you guys for helping me.