Me logging after an hour LOL

Hallers

Re: Me logging after an hour LOL

Post by Hallers »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:29 pm
wheelmansteve wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 pm
Hallers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 am A tip for easy logging on console is to place the wood selling trigger from Topace888. This one you can place wherever you want and just drag the logs over and sell them. Cheating or not it`s a very fast way to do logging 😜
Oh, I am so trying this!
I know I’m dumb, but what is the easiest way to drag them? :-|
Probably many ways to do it, but I just use the threefeller. Place the trigger in the middle of the forest and cut the threes around and drag them over the trigger and cut the log over the trigger. Can be handy to have a tractor with a leveler around too push logs that do not end in the trigger. When you have cleared an area I just sell the trigger and place a new one.
PS! Don`t place more than one trigger at a time as you wont be able to sell them.
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

JamP wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:38 am I have had some success in Holmakra playing on the Xbox. My only problem has been falling frames when I have a lot of logs on the ground or in the truck. So I have to keep going to sell every hour to avoid this problem.

I got a little bored with 5m logs (I still use them for woodships and carry with the Big Bag Handler .. easy!) And started playing with the 18m logs (using the Shovel Fork Logs with straps). After a period of learning and choosing the right (and practical) tools, everything is going reasonably fast and fun. Nothing like the PC professionals, but ok.

I would very much like to have a tool for telehandlers that looks just like the CSZ Dozer Blade (the one used in silos), that is, flat with vertical straps. This would make it easier to handle the wood on the ground 1 million times and to load the truck. Unrealistic? For sure! But it is what I found best to play on the console.

Sorry for my english, big texts scare me!
JamP, what piece of equipment are you using that can cut 18m logs ? I would like to try this .
JamP

Post by JamP »

I'm using this:

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... er=console

I used another one before, but the controls on this one are different and I feel more productive, you rotate and lift the tool with the same stick.

Shovel Fork Logs with straps (CSZ pack) This is the least worst tool I've found because it has the vertical straps for loading. It's going to look confusing at first but just work with it vertically.

I use it with a telehandler with a weight on the back. But you can use the vehicle you prefer.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I can't be the first guy to discover this but:
Place the log sell trigger next to the tree you want to sell. Cut the tree at an angle that causes it to fall ON the trigger. Sell tree, sell trigger, move on. I was able to drop four tress on one well placed trigger. This makes clearing land much more manageable.
Let's be clear- I LOVE the idea of operating the various pieces of equipment that cut and handle logs, BUT the sketchy logic of how a claw or a trailer interacts with the logs and the seeming suspension of gravity around logs when trying to pick them up has me using the method above.
Old fat guy with a day job...
JamP

Post by JamP »

wheelmansteve wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:15 pm I can't be the first guy to discover this but:
Place the log sell trigger next to the tree you want to sell. Cut the tree at an angle that causes it to fall ON the trigger. Sell tree, sell trigger, move on. I was able to drop four tress on one well placed trigger. This makes clearing land much more manageable.
Let's be clear- I LOVE the idea of operating the various pieces of equipment that cut and handle logs, BUT the sketchy logic of how a claw or a trailer interacts with the logs and the seeming suspension of gravity around logs when trying to pick them up has me using the method above.
Loading the truck isn't as difficult as it sounds. But it needs a little practice. And yes, it needs a lot of patience because often the trunks seem to have a life of their own.

Selling the logs directly really is much easier, just as it would sell the crops as well. But what's so funny about that? Easier to use the Trex600 to disappear with all of them and put the government board to 100k. Less work... Lol.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Yeah, but after the same log fell out of the fully closed wheel loader log claw for the 5th time, that was enough. If the log is centered, and has three points of contact on the claw, it should stay in the claw- what do those things have IRL for grip- 2-3000 PSI of hydraulic pressure? My time has some value to me, and wasting it doing something over and over again because of bad object logic doesn't fly. If my goal was to be the best log loader in PS4-land, I could see sticking it out. My goal is just to clear some land to increase my fields, so the log work is secondary.
Old fat guy with a day job...
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

wheelmansteve wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:48 pm .... My time has some value to me,
Wow I didn’t know that, I should start selling my time :lol:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

FSarndrone wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:01 pm
wheelmansteve wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:48 pm .... My time has some value to me,
I tried that. I made more money sleeping
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm
FSarndrone wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:01 pm
I tried that. I made more money sleeping
I was thinking selling the time when I am doing nothing and can’t play fs :mrgreen:
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Of course you can’t really sell time LOL
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Mwal wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 am You can also use one of the two excavators with processor heads, a chainsaw, the Massey Ferguson skidder, or the three point skidder to cheapen the process up
Im trying to do some small-time logging on a budget, and this three point skidder you mention sounds interesting, but im having trouble finding it. Can you point me in the right direction please? Either the exact name so i can search, or a link if you happen to have it to hand. Would be very appreciated. :)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

The in game mod hub has one, there is also one in the Ferguson pack that’s also in the hub
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

wheelmansteve wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:48 pm Yeah, but after the same log fell out of the fully closed wheel loader log claw for the 5th time, that was enough. If the log is centered, and has three points of contact on the claw, it should stay in the claw- what do those things have IRL for grip- 2-3000 PSI of hydraulic pressure? My time has some value to me, and wasting it doing something over and over again because of bad object logic doesn't fly. If my goal was to be the best log loader in PS4-land, I could see sticking it out. My goal is just to clear some land to increase my fields, so the log work is secondary.
The wheel loader log forks are intended to load multiple logs, might help ya if you try that. Your post makes it sound like you are picking up individual logs so sorry if I’m wrong
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:54 pm The in game mod hub has one, there is also one in the Ferguson pack that’s also in the hub
Oh okay, i thought there was a specific one you were recommending, apologies. Thanks!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Urinal2001 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:17 pm
Oh okay, i thought there was a specific one you were recommending, apologies. Thanks!
Nope, either are good. If you want a recommendation I would say the Ferguson pack one or the old Massey log skidder