Move silage from bunker to BGA?

CaptGoodvibes

Move silage from bunker to BGA?

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I've done enough 8000l buckets with too many to go...

So, trying to get the Grimme conveyer belts to work but can't get a start filling or selling or any kind of trigger.

What works?

La Coronella 2.0 North BGA content...
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
chedly_farms

Re: Move silage from bunker to BGA?

Post by chedly_farms »

You need two conveyors, one that picks silage up from the ground and the other that will take it from that conveyor and unloads into a trailer. There are countless youtube videos to watch from over the years on this.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

After many hours of doing the same thing I found that using a forage cart will work some of the time.... BUT you MUST have a level pile and have a large machine that can push the cart and tractor when they get stuck... For some reason a 500 HP tractor gets stuck on a 3 foot pile of silage and using another machine to push is the only way to get unstuck.... Other than that I can't think of anything else... :confusednew: Still confused that a large and very powerful tractor can't pull a wagon over a small mound of silage...
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Milling machine, and trailer.
Or, self propelled feed mixer, if the bga hopper (or atleast the trigger for it) is on the ground. Works quite well
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I filled a forage wagon but get no trigger to unload at the BGA container. I do own the BGA.

I did try multiple combos with the conveyers and have never had an issue getting manure to run from a buy point into the BGA container but this is my first fermented silage bunker so unclear how to proceed.

I think I need to get the silage off the ground and into an auger wagon? I have like 100 8kl buckets to go... :sadnew: :sadnew:
PS4
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I use Courseplay and a wheel loader.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:28 pm I use Courseplay and a wheel loader.
Hi, playing on a PS4 *thumbsup*
PS4
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Milling machine then, it's on the hub
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I use the milling machine on the front of a tractor with a trailer on the back when I just want the trailer loaded so I can move on. when things are slower I use the conveyors and park the trailer under to fill then go on to something else while filling then come back to dump the trailer and repeat.
dbump

Post by dbump »

I used to fuss with conveyors too, but I'm a milling machine convert. I use the same loading wagon that I picked the grass up with in the first place. Set the tractor's cruise control to 1 mph, and steer now and again.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

of course the bad thing about conveyors is they stop, due to being too far away from them. However, with the Grimme SL-80 conveyor which picks up, has long range, has a buffer, and can dump into trucks (its well worth the money, much better than the in game cheap basic pickup conveyors) - you can ALSO hire a worker to keep it going round the clock. This however can be expensive to run throughout the day, so be careful. Conveyors pickup and transfer at 175L/sec IIRC, so time it to figure out how long it takes to fill your trailer and check back periodically (you might have to move the Grimme, even though it does have a large pickup area, it could get dry).

The milling machine however is hands down the best for pure manual action though. It pickups up at well over 1000L/sec, and in many situations, the time wasted with tweaking conveyors will in most cases justify the use of manually picking up with the milling machine.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I like to use that big bucket for a FEL. I know that everyone else doesn't use this, but a good sized tractor, back weight, wheel weights, loud music and a big tipper all make me just go back and forward on the silage clamp.

I will add though, I try to make a "silage ramp" to drive the tractor on. I grab a full bucket of silage, drive up the ramp and lift the bucket over the back wall, then tipping it into the tipper. From there I have a belt at the BGA and tip it off there. Once the ramp is getting 'low' then it means the clamp is getting low enough to warrant the loader anyway. So that's how I shift the clamp. 😀
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Awhile back, i was running a large scale corn silage operation on ravenport. I used the ropa that picks up everything and used it to load 2 of the large randon trailers. Once they were full, id pull them over to the sell point and dump. Since the bga there only took 50,000 at a time, id go off and do something else until the first trailer was empty. Then pull up some to dump the second trailer. Once the second one was done, rinse and repeat.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

These are all great ideas but I'm dealing with a BGA that doesn't allow unloading on a ground trigger. I have to lift my silage over the side and into the container. It is on legs so even a little higher than a regular box container.

I've given up on an easy way haha!

A wheel loader with the 8000l high dump bucket is easy enough to dump into the container and each load is $12,000 so fairly easy work for the payback.

Thanks for the help!
PS4
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

don't forget we have placeable ramps