Stone Valley questions

SimpleFarmer

Re: Stone Valley questions

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Am I missing something?
I tried with the case harvester, just in case I was missing something, it wouldn't cut anything.
I tried with a forage harvester, it just gave me chaff, which just sold at the sellpoint and gave me money.
I also tried a mower, it said I have to own the land...
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yeah you can't harvest alfalfa, only chaff or mow it. Must be the default mission system or something that gives you a harvester.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Macce

Post by Macce »

Apologies if has been answered earlier but just can't find it while browsing with my phone..

Started playing Stone Valley again after some time on PC. I'm running Farming Agency edition without seasons and maize extensions. Started the game as farm manager and bought field 29 and planned to do sheep as well but there's no triggers at all on the sheep farm.. Am I missing something..?
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

I just visited that area. I'm running x2 and I see triggers at the water trough and the feed areas. I didn't see a trigger for animal delivery.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Macce wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 am Apologies if has been answered earlier but just can't find it while browsing with my phone..

Started playing Stone Valley again after some time on PC. I'm running Farming Agency edition without seasons and maize extensions. Started the game as farm manager and bought field 29 and planned to do sheep as well but there's no triggers at all on the sheep farm.. Am I missing something..?
You might have visible black and yellow triggers turned off
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Farming Agency Edition question. Does anyone know a fix for the seed buy point at the main farm? Just started a new save and tried using it but the trigger isn't working for me
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:46 pm Farming Agency Edition question. Does anyone know a fix for the seed buy point at the main farm? Just started a new save and tried using it but the trigger isn't working for me
i just started up SVFA a few days ago, no problems with that buy point. I don't think you have to own it, but I do and haven't had a single problem with it.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

So, playing Stone Valley FA for the first time on PC, hundreds of hours on it in console. Loving it so far....except for the water planes. I like to use the Enhanced Vehicle Realism mod, and it is ridiculous how often I get stuck "in the mud/water" doing passes through those areas. The REA mod definitely punishes you for having underpowered, wrong tires, wrong weather farming. However, your working speed suffers, and it can suffer greatly. But going into those low water planes, its instant stucko...I even bought a 465 HP Tracked Tractor, and it got instantly stuck as well. Actually, can't even drive through it without an implement, and not get stuck.

So, why have those water planes in the first place? Yes, they look VERY cool. But they don't change throughout the year, don't dry up, have zero effect on you, if not using the REA mods. And if you do use the REA mods, they are impassable black holes, year round. I've changed/updated my field borders in CoursePlay, but I don't know how to draw an island around those spots (maybe using a meadow roler, but its default config is a field, not grass or whatever). So I don't know how to bypass them with AI drivers.

Now, I get stuck once in a while in non-low-water-plane spots once in a while, especially if I am say plowing in the rain (dumb, I know, but city slickers who buy farms have to learn the hard way). But the water-plane spots are a guaranteed call to the tow vehicle.

So, I decided to remove REA for now, but am considering to modify the map, to lower the water plane to get rid of them all (recent kederek farms youtube video shows how to modify the MF Farms map to lower water plane issues on that map, where you drown in your tractor, lol). The tractor on the field with REA will suffer enough, as its the field low spot and the working speed will be slow as removing molasses out of a clogged Premos. So, removing these low water spots to me, seems to only way to play with REA.

Anyone else have this behavior and frustration.
raran

Post by raran »

Is it possible to change the mission script or whatever it is to get field 29 (or any other field for that matter) not to be sown with alfalfa?
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Ok, so I've planted about 130 acres of Alfalfa. If I've read correctly through this thread, I can cut this for silage with a silage cutter, right? Should be able to use the Krone, Claas, etc? Then, it grows back? Will there need to be further fertilization after I've cut it? I've farmed corn, wheat, and beans IRL, but have never had any experience with Alfalfa.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

That’s gonna be a massive amount of silage. how many cows are you feeding? I know that was an update a while ago that something about alfalfa in it.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Planning several. My hope is to put up silage, hay, etc this season, and bring in cows this fall or winter. Hoping to start at 100 head of beef cattle, maybe more. Right now I'm on day 5 of spring I believe (12 day seasons at 5x speed). I've haven't even planted yet; ground temp still in low 40's. I have planted the Alfalfa tho.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think you would still need to fertilize it for the game mechanics, just like you would grass.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

You'll get the first stage fert after you cut it and yes, grows back.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Also, if you are using the farming agency edition, you won't need anywhere near that for cows. I had nearly 700 on there and 2 to 3 bales fills the bar then 1 to 2 bales a day. You get huge amounts off fields on that map, especially fully ferted.
That was also on 12 day seasons. Keep 70 to 80 bales and sell the rest.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66