What I hate about bales

Phantoms

What I hate about bales

Post by Phantoms »

I love working with the frontloader and bales as a screenshot I posted in the scrrenshots forum shows.

However, when you leave the game and come back the bales get jumbled around. This is what the bales look like the next day when I'm finishing some of the hay bales. It's frustrating as hell to perfectly stack bales to only have them jumble around between saves.,

This happens anytime you stack bales and will get a little worse each time you load the game. This has been a problem since many farming simulators back. I remember several complaint threads about it in FS15 and in FS17. I've ignored it far too many times with FS19 but it does take away from the enjoyment of the game. Giants, if you're listening, it's about time you fixed this.
Playing on PC
Dairydeere

Re: What I hate about bales

Post by Dairydeere »

Wow, I've never stacked enough bales manually to know what that's like. So it just constantly grows worse?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Stacking 2 high gets rough when the bales start getting jittery. I can’t believe you stacked all them to start with, without having issues.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Firstly, awesome job doing all that stacking... crying shame to see issues in the game see that all undone. I've always hated how bales and tree trunks bounce around with any slight movement while bunched together.
Jon_boy

Post by Jon_boy »

I was contemplating posting a thread about the same damn thing this morning having 120 or so straw bales that were in 3 neat rows yesterday.....gonna get me the bale storage barn mod just to avoid looking at them...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I like to play as realistically as I can, but when it comes to the wonky bale physics then it's autoloading trailers and bale stacks all the way.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:22 pm I like to play as realistically as I can, but when it comes to the wonky bale physics then it's autoloading trailers and bale stacks all the way.
Unless I am doing round sausage rolls with the Anderson DLC, I use the small Square balers. Either the Giglianni with TopAce’s autoload trailer or the Massey Ferguson with the missile launcher and the big hay wagon.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Mmmmm sausage!!!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I don't know if this is going to make sense, but I've had similar issues with other objects in the game and I believe that when you load your game the items are dropped from a height rather than loading right where you left them.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Yes MrSquealypig is right everything is dropped from a small height above where they are, about 0.5M and when they land they might move slightly in any direction.
If you tab fast enough to a tractor you can catch it being dropped.
PS4
PS5
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I've also encountered problems where I'm cutting trees with the basegame Scorpion and when the tree falls, it bounces and comes out of the cutter head. Very annoying for me as I have to get out the chainsaw and do it all manually. With a large forest, it becomes quite common
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

I've never stacked bales manually, Im very bad on a loader. Love autostackers
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Very jealous of that stacking jobs. I will say I love baling in real life, I hate moving them in game. Autoload is only thing I use
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I really want to do it manually, but everytime I start of doing so, bales are going everywhere...so I jump to store and buy autoloader.

I hate it because it's not realistic at all, but by doing it the good way It cost me too much money to change my controller.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The base game autostackers are real life equipment.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.