Personality types of FS players

Pick your personality type based on the label alone.

Driver
32%
Expressive
No votes
Amiable
22%
Analytical
46%

Total votes: 41

Mwal

Re: Personality types of FS players

Post by Mwal »

I feel like the traits I see in other people who farm are overwhelmingly the driver type
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

GrimGandalf wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:12 pm I’m about 50% amiable, 30% Driver, and 10% of each of the other 2. When I’m not tired anyway🤪
I'm about 50/50 Analytical/Amiable... *thumbsup*

Easy to get along with as long as people concede I'm always right. :lol:
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Mwal wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:17 am I feel like the traits I see in other people who farm are overwhelmingly the driver type
So I have it exactly backwards for real farmers :lol: :lol:
PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm 100% analytical both IRL and in game. Heck, I'll spend a real week worrying about which mower to buy in game.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I'm like half driver and half amiable. It depends what is going on the farm. Taking care of animals is more amiable.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 am So I have it exactly backwards for real farmers :lol: :lol:
I wouldn’t say backwards (because I don’t believe people could even be grouped into 20 types of personalities) but just if I had to jam them into a category I would say determination, strong willed, focused on results, and most importantly purposeful would be the top ones I would pick off those lists. 🤷‍♂️ Just my observations though. I’m also a northerner and my wife is from the south and her family and friends often comment how weird we are (people they meet when they visit) because were in such a hurry to the point we’re nearly rude. So I dunno I think cultural things play heavily into how you’re perceived or how you perceive yourself as well.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:24 am I'm like half driver and half amiable. It depends what is going on the farm. Taking care of animals is more amiable.
This exactly, and you can go from caring for something to putting it into the freezer in a day because it’s funny limp isn’t gonna pull the same price at the auction as the healthy steers.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

There should be the option:
None of above.

Sorry, i can't pick anything from this :D
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:27 pm I have no idea what this even means. Can you explain a little bit, so my tiny dinosaur brain can comprehend? I want to play, but I don't want to pick the wrong one.
Same
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Seems like a thread that should be in the off topic section of the forums
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Mwal wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:28 am
CaptGoodvibes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 am So I have it exactly backwards for real farmers :lol: :lol:
I wouldn’t say backwards (because I don’t believe people could even be grouped into 20 types of personalities) but just if I had to jam them into a category I would say determination, strong willed, focused on results, and most importantly purposeful would be the top ones I would pick off those lists. 🤷‍♂️ Just my observations though. I’m also a northerner and my wife is from the south and her family and friends often comment how weird we are (people they meet when they visit) because were in such a hurry to the point we’re nearly rude. So I dunno I think cultural things play heavily into how you’re perceived or how you perceive yourself as well.
I based my prediction on YT videos of American farmers with huge projects and a lot of people cooperating to get them done. Many times a neighbor farmer is helping. Many times someone may be in a position that could kill them if someone else f's up. I see a ton of amiable aspects in these videos. But I do accept your findings *thumbsup*
PS4
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Crazof wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm Seems like a thread that should be in the off topic section of the forums
We are discussing an aspect of farming; either real or virtual. How exactly is that off topic?
PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It really depends what's going on. Yes, farmers help each other out and work together. Also, there needs to be direction and leadership to tackle a project and get stuff done. That person would be a driver. Like for marketing, I let my brother take the lead. Livestock, I take control. Anther example, Zach Johnson tells his dad and hired man what to do, but then can take their opinion on a matter.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Is this survey asking how people are playing the game or commenting on this forum? Because then you missed a category OUTRAGED lol!!
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

hun3 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:57 pm Is this survey asking how people are playing the game or commenting on this forum? Because then you missed a category OUTRAGED lol!!
I'm really just curious how people self-identify.
PS4