How long do you keep, use, equipment?

spincast1123

How long do you keep, use, equipment?

Post by spincast1123 »

This may have been asked before but I will give it a shot. How long do you keep your equipment? I do the maintenance after ever use and clean my machines as well so I tend to keep the tractors for about 30 hours and the implements such as; plows, cultivators, balers and other "hard use" items for around 15 hours. Trailers and other "soft use" I'll keep for about 20 - 25 hours. I realize in a real farm environment machines are kept far longer and don't get a wash after every use... in most cases... but they are maintained quite well so they can be used for a long time. I recently used a JD tractor with over 2000 hours and the baler was equally used. Just curious to see what others do... in this environment. *thumbsup*
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
chedly_farms

Re: How long do you keep, use, equipment?

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm a hoarder. I keep stuff long after I need it. I usually don't hit a limit to an items usefulness. I just find a newer mod I want to try. So I keep stuff. But I'm starting to hit the slot limit on console, so I might start purging. I might cry.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m get pretty attached to specific pieces specifically ones I own in real life. I don’t replace tractors very often I tend to upsize then move the smaller tractors to run mixers and augers and to use around the yard or pull silage boxes. With planters I tend to run a couple 16 row kinzes over something bigger. I kinda work myself up to stuff I like rather than just to whatever’s biggest. I have had my 1066 and my 1586 since day one of my current save which is well over a year and a peterbilt truck with over a hundred hours from day one as well
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I keep something until I want to replace it. Whether that be with an upgrade, or something new comes out on the hub that I think suits my farm better. And call it cheating if you want to, but if something else comes out that does the same job and it fits my farm but it's way cheaper than what I have, I'll trade. Example, I sold my super-expensive 2188 combine and will be buying a 9400 Deere next harvest time. I never wash anything except my trucks. I like dirty tractors, what can I say?

However, my 390T Massey ain't going anywhere, ever!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I keep them until i feel they are ineffective as I progress my farm. Some equipment and vehicles I keep for a very long time
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I have a Deutz 9 on Geiselsberg that has over a hundred hours on it, but I’m not farming there much at the moment.

I tend to cycle through tractors a lot when I’m getting into a new map until I find the tractors that fit that farm best for me, then keep them for a while.

As for trailers and implements, I have a fair idea of which ones I like these days, so I just get the ones I need, as I need them, then just keep them.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

My 2 longest running tractors were my Big Bud 450's, one went to 33.7 and the other was a hair over 27 hours. I'd still have them, but I had to upgrade to Quadtracs for the 100' Bourgault seeders. I also have a Big Brute Sprayer with almost 40 hours on it.

I guess I'm saying unless I need to upgrade it for a specific reason, then it's in a lifetime contract.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I take the time to buy the best i can of what i need and then just use them , Never even thought of replacing them , Currently on 641 hours into the game with 2 saves so some will be really old now
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I lose a ton of money selling stuff I should have leased. Does that answer your question? ;)
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

On my last save I had a tractor (Quadtrac 620) with 176hrs on it, I had 9240 combines (3) over 100 hrs each. Current save I've got two Deere 8R's that are over 50hrs.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I'm pushing 50 hrs each on my Case pro, Fendt 511 and Lizard D754 @ Westbridge Hills
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Dang. After seeing the hours y'all have on equipment, I guess I do more trading than I thought! I've hardly ever seen over 20 hours on a vehicle. Heck, I hardly see 100 hours of a map.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

My longest have passed 300 hours now :P
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

If I purchase a direct replacement, then I sell the inferior item. As total hours has no real effect on equipment other than it's resale value, I don't sell anything that I don't replace or find to be useless. As the game snowballs are you progress, I will buy stuff that is marginally useful to cut down swapping equipment and to cut down on travel. I currently have a truck hooked to a water tanker that moves about 10 feet twice a seasons year to fill up a factory. That is all it does.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Until I die

Or find something even smaller than what I am using