Giants editor

Dan199

Giants editor

Post by Dan199 »

I’m new to using giants editor but every time I try to load a map onto it, it keeps coming up with “ Not Responding “ can anyone please tell me how to fix this. I’m on Mac windows 10 thanks in advance
Patton_M47

Re: Giants editor

Post by Patton_M47 »

did you try updating also it takes awhile for maps to load in
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

Dan199 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 am I’m new to using giants editor but every time I try to load a map onto it, it keeps coming up with “ Not Responding “ can anyone please tell me how to fix this. I’m on Mac windows 10 thanks in advance
trying looking at the log, appdata>local>Giants Editor 64bit 8.2.0>editor_log open the file it will tell what is wrong with the it or other thing is post the log in here.

I had the same issues on thursday night after installing a new graphic's card double the driver is up to date most common issue
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
Dan199

Post by Dan199 »

Missyb wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Dan199 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 am I’m new to using giants editor but every time I try to load a map onto it, it keeps coming up with “ Not Responding “ can anyone please tell me how to fix this. I’m on Mac windows 10 thanks in advance
trying looking at the log, appdata>local>Giants Editor 64bit 8.2.0>editor_log open the file it will tell what is wrong with the it or other thing is post the log in here.

I had the same issues on thursday night after installing a new graphic's card double the driver is up to date most common issue
Thanks I will try that, should it come up with error next to something
Dan199

Post by Dan199 »

Patton_M47 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:29 pm did you try updating also it takes awhile for maps to load in
how do i update
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You download the most recent version from the gdn homepage
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Dan199

Post by Dan199 »

juf.de wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:56 am You download the most recent version from the gdn homepage
I do have the latest I just check it, I got 8.2.0
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

OK then it's not the GE.
Maybe your computer has trouble handling the map. If you get the "not responding" message again leave the pc alone for a few minutes and see if it just needs more time.
Sometimes it helps, if you open the GE first and open the map from there instead of trying to open the map.i3d with a double click.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Dan199

Post by Dan199 »

juf.de wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 am OK then it's not the GE.
Maybe your computer has trouble handling the map. If you get the "not responding" message again leave the pc alone for a few minutes and see if it just needs more time.
Sometimes it helps, if you open the GE first and open the map from there instead of trying to open the map.i3d with a double click.

it opens fine just won’t load maps I tried a different map but still same thing
Dan199

Post by Dan199 »

Now I’m getting “ to load the I3D correctly you have to set the game installation path in the preferences “ what does that mean
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Dan199 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:45 am Now I’m getting “ to load the I3D correctly you have to set the game installation path in the preferences “ what does that mean
You have to tell GE where to find the installed game, so it knows where to find the library objects etc. etc. It would usually pick this up automatically, it did for me even though I moved my Steam files onto my D: drive so I'd suspect that you've got a nonstandard setup.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dan199

Post by Dan199 »

blue_painted wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:16 pm
Dan199 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:45 am Now I’m getting “ to load the I3D correctly you have to set the game installation path in the preferences “ what does that mean
You have to tell GE where to find the installed game, so it knows where to find the library objects etc. etc. It would usually pick this up automatically, it did for me even though I moved my Steam files onto my D: drive so I'd suspect that you've got a nonstandard setup.
Yeah I think so, I will try telling GE where to find it