John Deere Baler

JDMan10

John Deere Baler

Post by JDMan10 »

I follow a couple of modding pages on Facebook and haven’t seen anything mentioning this, but does anyone know if someone is trying to put a JD baler out for consoles? Like a 569 or something or if it’s even possible? I’ve read somewhere that it might would take a script that condole couldn’t handle, but I’m not well versed in nodding talk lol so idk if you could put one on console or not. Just wondering if anyone knows anything. Thanks
JDMan10

Re: John Deere Baler

Post by JDMan10 »

And this doesn’t have anything to do with this topic, but with the new ps5 coming out will it be able to handle scripts and have more storage where the bale limit and slot count might go way up and we could get mods like follow me and gps? Thanks
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

There shouldn't be any outside scripts other than the straw harvest variable-chamber bales. If that's even an outside script. I'd like some more 6x5 balers other than the Krone myself.

I guess the real reason there are none on console is because no one has submitted one yet.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I don't know if you've seen it, but there is this JD 690

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

t&a modding was working on one, don't know if for console though.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

T&As isn’t for console and thanks for showing me the square one. I’m just hoping for a round one for console lol. Just personal preference. Thanks
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

There's a square jd baler on console been out awhile now
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

JDMan10 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:42 am And this doesn’t have anything to do with this topic, but with the new ps5 coming out will it be able to handle scripts and have more storage where the bale limit and slot count might go way up and we could get mods like follow me and gps? Thanks
The restriction on scripts on the PS4 and XBOX isn't the power of the box -- it's the requirements of Sony and Microsoft that all active code meet their tests and requirement, so I very much doubt that PS5 will make any difference to that.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Its a shame Giants doesn't put in a little effort and compile scripted mods, like they did for Seasons and SH (SH as well isn't used nearly as much as before, since the Pellet Price nerf), which would DRASTICALLY change console game play. GPS and FollowMe are simple for a console interface...CoursePlay, not really...it could be done, especially if they added mouse/keyboard support, but GPS and FollowMe would be dirt simple. Also, Auto Bale Storage would pretty much eliminate the 200 bale limit...which makes baling on console a joke....sure, you can do it early, but mid game, 200 is far too few...and 200 is far too few even in early game if you run Seasons. Pallet AutoLoad trailers would also be a Godsend for console players.

I'm by no means saying all should be compiled, but there are certain ones which would simply increase gameplay and increase console game sales....and that's a fact.

How much effort would this take? But no...we get Push Mowers and Electric Tractors, on a re-made Giants map....
Illinois Farmer

Aurally it will take a lot of effort. Also has to go through testing for Microsoft and Sony.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:01 am Aurally it will take a lot of effort. Also has to go through testing for Microsoft and Sony.
It depends on their tools. If they have to rewrite the LUA script using whatever language they currently use for the base game, then yes it would be a lot of effort. They'd have to write it from scratch, and might as well not even use the original code, but rather use the mod as a feature specification. However, as they already have an in game interpreter for LUA, it shouldn't take much at all to make an offline version of this to spit out a compiled library for the rest of their code to access. And yes, they would need to test that more rigorously than other mods.

Once that is done, there would need to be no additional testing by Sony and MS, compared to any other mod. Its just another mod...I really doubt Sony/MS put higher levels of testing into Straw Harvest as they have any other mod. They are simply doing basic sanity...does it crash the game when you install it, uninstall it, download it, etc.

However, the trade off in console game sales would be well worth it. Just a few mods would drastically improve console's game experience. They would be as game changing, as seasons.
Illinois Farmer

Well seasons, which uses a lot of scripts has to go to Sony and Microsoft to get tested. I think every 3rd party script would have to go through that and only be added through a game update. Having more scripts on console, gives more chances of crashes, which Sony and Microsoft don't want that to happen. Plus, there are only a certain combination of buttons console can have and they can't change the key bindings, as mappers paradise/subbie has found out with the doors and grain system. It is a pain in the butt trying to find the perfect combination. I don't think there is a way gps mod would work just base on the key bindings alone.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Again, we already have balers in the game. And each baler can have it's own unique bales. The variable bale size script is already included with Straw Harvest. There shouldn't be any outside scripts associated with painting a baler green and yellow...
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Illinois Farmer

No there shouldn't be. Just takes someone to make it.