Terrain Manipulation Rant

HighestTree

Terrain Manipulation Rant

Post by HighestTree »

I had logged over 40 hours on No Man's Land with a nice farm built from scratch only to go bankrupt trying to landscape an area for greenhouses that somehow magically raise the terrain to heights that are inaccessible by trucks. All of this after hours of struggling with logging bugs whilst trying to clear a plot for my farm...

I love this game with all my heart, but the bugs and mishaps make it nearly unplayable sometimes imo. I refuse to give up, but man... I need a break.

Does anyone else run into stuff like this? How many times have you had to create a new save because the game was so unforgiving?
fenixguy

Re: Terrain Manipulation Rant

Post by fenixguy »

Always save before doing any major work like that.

I also hate logging so I never run into those bugs. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:07 pm Always save before doing any major work like that.

I turned AutoSave off in my previous session, but it didn't stick for some reason. It saved when I hit the menu button (I'm on console).

I'm so irritated lol

What map are you on?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

That stinks. I hate autosave.

Currently playing on New Woodshire.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:07 pm Always save before doing any major work like that.

My version of logging is opening up the map in Giants Editor and deleting the trees I don't want. I really want to like the logging portion of the game but I've never had much fun with it.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I don't think logging as anything to do with it...just issues with the landscape editor. It can be very touchy, and depending on the map, perhaps won't work well at all. So yeah, always save first. Even when planning, save, then give yourself millions and do a test run of what you want to do.

For those that stay away from logging, I'd suggest try again if like me, you found loading to be far the most difficulty aspect. The Frankenstein JD loader is the best, but certainly no fun if you can only log with end game equipment. The new NMC trailer loader is simply fantastic. For a mid game loader, you can put the $15k loader on a griffin truck. For an early game loader, you can put the trailer loader on the NMC modular trailer, and tow it with a pickup truck. IIRC it has straps, just like the Frankenstein...or if not, it does have a gigantic claw compared to any other loader in its class.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Me: carefully level terrain to be perfectly flat for a (garage/shed/slurry pit/etc...)
Game: Here, let's put that on a 10 foot high slab for you!
Old fat guy with a day job...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

That's why I still love the Place Anywhere Mod on PC, before placing any objects on the map hit the Number 8 key on your keyboard and it will disable the terrain manipulation, meaning you can place whatever building or object you are trying to without it making mountains or gouging huge areas out of the map and costing you a fortune. Without the terrain adjustment, it means the price of the item in the shop menu is what you pay when you place it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

I don't know how many times I have had that nonsense occur when placing something... PS4... so before I place anything I save then place.....If i find that there is a deep hole or high mountain after placing.... I quickly press the PS button, quit the app and restart... The hole/ mountain should be gone when the game resumes... Wish they made a "Undo" button for clearing up those aggravating happenings...
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:57 pm That's why I still love the Place Anywhere Mod on PC, before placing any objects on the map hit the Number 8 key on your keyboard and it will disable the terrain manipulation, meaning you can place whatever building or object you are trying to without it making mountains or gouging huge areas out of the map and costing you a fortune. Without the terrain adjustment, it means the price of the item in the shop menu is what you pay when you place it.
Makes one wonder, if a modder can do it, why the heck can't Giants.