Name one tractor...

chedly_farms

Name one tractor...

Post by chedly_farms »

<longwinded explanation of why I wrote this thread>
I kind of want to see a "fan boy" moment here. At lease for me farming and tractors are something personal. I grew up with farms all around me. I worked on a farm part time. I cared for their cattle, and did hay work whenever they did. I had other farmers work fields behind my house with "cutting edge" tractors at that time in the 80's, lol. So for me farming, is just something that has been in my blood. I love old school 60-70's era American machines. To me there is no greater sound than a "poppin' Johnny" or a 4020 turbo diesel. So That is where I am coming from with this thread. This is not based on your favorite in-game tractor. This is your favorite real life tractor that you "fan boy gush" over. And it could be in the game if that makes sense. So let's hear it.
</longwinded explanation of why I wrote this thread>

Question---> What is your favorite (in real life) tractor that you use or could use in the game if it was there?

P.S. If it isn't "in game" could you include a picture?

If I could use any tractor in the world to use in game, I'd use a row crop John Deere 3020. I spent many summers in my youth, watching one pull a plow and grain carts.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Crazof

Re: Name one tractor...

Post by Crazof »

Case 1070 Agri-King

spent many an hour on one of these, using everything and anything, plow, disc, culti-packer, mower, slurry tanker, manure spreader etc.

mostly from the age of 10 to 15. Even tried my hand at custom work for a guy up the road.( I didn't have a good sense of time required, but they paid fuel and $100, so I worked for a couple dollars per hour)

Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

I have 2 that I would nominate.

1. Allis Chalmers 190XT
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... hotos.html
2. Ford Commander 6000
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... hotos.html

Since I can't get the pictures themselves I have to go with a link to the photo pages on TractorData.com
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

FORD 7810
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

MF1200 - my introduction to ploughing. There's a pretty good model for FS19, not on modhub and I think it was orignaly FS15, then FS17 and now in FS19

... or possibly Ford 7600, because that was what I first drove. Corn-cart on a hot summer's afternoon with Ian Botham playing the innings of a lifetime and me chalking the score on the side of the trailer to make my cousin, driving the combine, almost fall off his seat!

.. or possibly Ford 6600, the following year, when I learned the crucial difference between "draft" and "position" on the three-point linkage.

Sadly, none of the Ford models out there are really good.

Edit: Oh, you said one ... too hard to decide!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Aggie24

Post by Aggie24 »

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

830 case, it’s what I learned on
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:17 pm MF1200 - my introduction to ploughing. There's a pretty good model for FS19, not on modhub and I think it was orignaly FS15, then FS17 and now in FS19

... or possibly Ford 7600, because that was what I first drove. Corn-cart on a hot summer's afternoon with Ian Botham playing the innings of a lifetime and me chalking the score on the side of the trailer to make my cousin, driving the combine, almost fall off his seat!

.. or possibly Ford 6600, the following year, when I learned the crucial difference between "draft" and "position" on the three-point linkage.

Sadly, none of the Ford models out there are really good.

Edit: Oh, you said one ... too hard to decide!
https://m.facebook.com/groups/809264712 ... view=group
He’s getting better at modding and he’s got a few there that aren’t public
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Where I live, fields are small and farmers have to haul their tractors and equipment with pickups and not semis. So a "big" tractor here is a 100hp John Deere or Kubota. So that being said, I grew up with 70's and 80's Fords and Massey Fergusons. So I'd love to see any open-station 2wd or 4wd tractors and equipment they can run. I love hearing those old 3 and 4 cylinder deisels under a load.

I learned to drive on a tractor like this (I pulled the photo off Google). My grandpa still has it and it gets used regularly. Now for pushing snow, hauling dirt, and grading driveways, not actual farming anymore.

My other grandpa had an old 1980's Ford that he used to raise tobacco and put up hay until he bought a Long 4WD in the 90's. I don't remember the model number but it was around 75 hp. It was one of the biggest tractors around for a while. Here's a similar one.

Aside from sub-100hp open station stuff, my favorite toy tractor was an International 1486. I'd love to see those in-game. There was a really nice pack of the 86 series out for FS2013. I'd love to see something like that again.

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Dang, you said one... Sorry.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

JI Case 1570
It is my favorite tractor to drive, and I have spent some hours in it doing tillage. This tractor plants beans and pulls the disk, along with pulling some gravity wagons occasionally.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

A John Deere 4850 with MFWD. Chopped alot of hay and corn with that tractor and pulled a 36 foot field cultivator in the springs. Favorite tractor of mine all time.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

John Deere 8225R

This is a tractor that I've spent most of my hours in. Between this and a newer 8310R, but you can't beat a JD powershift. Pretty much all of our tractors on the farm are powershifts, it's what I've grown up driving. The two main things this tractor does are haul hay wagons as shown, and haul manure in the winter. It's a fantastic tractor

Edit: This tractor is ingame as a part of the 8R 09-11 series by JHHG (PC only), however it sadly doesn't have those tires, only row crops. I love having those big tires hauling down the road :D
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

My 1570 is a partial powershift lol
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

A 77 series Zetor.
Just a lovely little thong, and used one when working in the forests in my younger days.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...