Next Gen consoles!

vondeylenfarms

Next Gen consoles!

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So I see playstation 5 is coming Nov 12! I know they have not announced a new farming simulator yet but is anyone else thinking of buying one? Or waiting till next year to see what happens? Obviously, you PC people do not care lol but curious what others are doing.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
FarmBoss

Re: Next Gen consoles!

Post by FarmBoss »

I have a gaming PC, and plan to get both consoles. Xbox will be immediately, and PS5 will be when Gran Turismo is about to be released.
PC people who say they don't care sometimes say that just because they can't afford everything. *thumbsup*

I'm not sure what you mean by waiting until next year to see what happens.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I bought the Atari back when it released.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 pm I have a gaming PC, and plan to get both consoles. Xbox will be immediately, and PS5 will be when Gran Turismo is about to be released.
PC people who say they don't care sometimes say that just because they can't afford everything. *thumbsup*

I was referring to next year to see if Giants release a new farming simulator for the next gen

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:26 am
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 pm I have a gaming PC, and plan to get both consoles. Xbox will be immediately, and PS5 will be when Gran Turismo is about to be released.

I was referring to next year to see if Giants release a new farming simulator for the next gen
ahh I see. I personally won't be waiting. I don't plan my purchases around Farming Simulator. When it does get released, I'll be watching let's play reviews to see which platform to buy the game for, if any.
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

well 19 will work on ps5 etc i cant wait to see what improvements are made in the future with new capababilities with the new tech ill be trying it on ps5 for sure
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

Next gen Xbox has realtime rendering capabilities that will enhance graphics for last gen games, so I'm excited to see what FS19 will look like on it.

Not sure about PS5.
raran

Post by raran »

Since i'm not going to share with my kids i guess i'll be getting 3 PS5's. I'm glad they're not into Xbox so that's only going to be 1. And i'm also keen on getting a new gaming rig.

Ofcourse this is just thinking aloud, there's still a wife to convince... :neutralnew:
Aggie24

Post by Aggie24 »

So much for pre ordering a PS5, I was caught off guard by the early pre release last night and didn’t get one in time.
aklein

Post by aklein »

With the PS5 having double the memory the PS4 and with the Series X going for 12 to 16GB the slot counts should go up for FS19 players given my basic understanding of slot counts and why they exist on console. I don't see them magically going away for FS19 on the new consoles as I think the concept of slots is baked into the game for the consoles and its not a thing that tossing more memory at it suddenly will make them go away. No one on PC has slots so if it was a memory thing then folks running super low spec systems would see slots while others with more system memory or more video card memory wouldn't.

The question is will slots be a thing in the next FS.

So with that folks who feel the existing slot counts are to restrictive should get alot of headroom moving up to the new platform.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Lots of issues with ps4 and slots and what not that I hope aren't there or at least better for ps5. As for waiting, I'm not just for farming simulator lol but I've pre-ordered ps4 and it did not work in my favor. Lots of bugs and what not but I'm also wondering about more games next year and maybe other options? Ps4 had several hard drive options in that first year if I recall...I'm hyped no doubt but I'll get it early next year

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Will always have slots on console games
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

eric21 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:48 pm Will always have slots on console games
I was afraid of that but like I said I'm hoping it's at least better as the consoles are getting lots of upgrades

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I always wait until there’s a game I want before I buy one
M2_Farmer

Post by M2_Farmer »

This year I will skip the ps5. When a new fs releases I also will buy the new console I think.